COMPLETE: Love's Coming-of-Age: A Series of Papers on the Relations of the Sexes by Edward Carpenter -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Thank you for your sections! There's just one quick thing to take care of for 5 and then you'll be all set: at 23:53, after "we must give that thing some degree of liberty," could you include the line "even though liberty bring with it risk?"

PLing for 6 and 7 to follow later today!
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Section 6 sounds great, thanks again! The only note I have is that at 20:42, "there are always plentiful indications," you say "there are already plentiful indications."

On to section 7!
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Thanks again for 7, which is also nicely done! I just have some notes about a few repeats here and there:

- At 2:07, could you edit out the "that have been obtained and been recognized" that occurs before "that have obtained and been recognized"?
- At 3:06, there's a repeat of "as among the Nagas of Bengal."
- At 3:58, there's a repeat of "that, broadly speaking."
- At 7:19, you say "is still ever asserting itself" before correcting it to "is still ever asserting herself."

Sarah
vviera

Post by vviera »

No one wants sec. 3 (Woman: the Serf)?!? If I know Carpenter, he'll come out guns ablazing on this topic (for his time, anyway). I'll take it.

Verla
Waiting for a clever signature line to occur to me.

Cheers, VERLA
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

All sections PL OK! Thank you! And no worries about the delay, I know that life outside LV can be hectic sometimes. :)

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

vviera wrote: November 23rd, 2021, 5:43 pm No one wants sec. 3 (Woman: the Serf)?!? If I know Carpenter, he'll come out guns ablazing on this topic (for his time, anyway). I'll take it.

Verla
That he does! It's all yours. Thank you for claiming!

Sarah
vviera

Post by vviera »

I realized my recording is the last one for completion because it had to be reassigned. I've been finishing a couple of other things and will begin on this today.

Verla

Cheers, VERLA
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

No rush! :)

Sarah
vviera

Post by vviera »

Cheers, VERLA
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Thank you for section 3! It's PL OK.

And that makes this project ready for cataloging!

Sarah
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Congratulations! This book is now in the LibriVox catalog and available for listeners to download. Please check the catalog page and let me know if any changes are needed:

https://librivox.org/loves-coming-of-age-by-edward-carpenter/
Jo
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Everything looks good! Thank you, Jo, and thank you, readers! :clap:

Sarah