COMPLETE: The Grand Cañon of the Colorado by John Muir -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

You are on your own schedule with a solo, Becky. As long as you stay in touch once a month or so, the project will be here waiting for you. :)

BTW, removing all breathing from your recordings is generally not recommended. If you listen to professional recordings, you can hear the narrator taking a breath now and then. We all breathe, whereas computer generated voices do not. It sounds more natural to the listener if you leave at least some breaths in the recording. You can adjust the length of pauses and remove some breathing if it's excessively loud, and but for other instances just reduce the volume if needed, so they are less noticeable but still there.
Jo
BeckyWTX

Post by BeckyWTX »

Wow - somewhere I got the idea all the breathing was to be removed, only pauses allowed. Thank you! That sure saves a lot of edit time. Section 4 is almost done in edit; however I'm not going to go back & re-insert the breaths. :wink:
Appreciate your guidance. Thanks.
BeckyW
BeckyWTX

Post by BeckyWTX »

I'm back from extended travel and working on Librivox again. Thanks for your patience!
BeckyWTX
BeckyWTX

Post by BeckyWTX »

Section 3 is uploaded
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/grandcanon_03_muir_128kb.mp3
Duration: 19:17.69
dB 89.0

I'm still playing with microphone position and all those technicals I still need to get better at! Thank you for your patience. Working to get Section 4 submitted this coming week. I appreciate you being PL and welcome all comments/critiques!

I just noticed when I was adding file in the Magic Window that I named Section 01 file "grandCANYON" instead of "grandcanon" as I did in Sections 02 and 03 (which is the title). Do you need me to change 01 and resubmit? Thx.

BeckyW
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Hi Becky. Welcome back. Since section one was PL OK, I'll fix the filename so you don't have to re-upload the file.
Jo
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Section 3 is PL Perfect! It stops at a cliffhanger. Literally :lol: Looking forward to section 4!
BeckyWTX

Post by BeckyWTX »

I'm working on Section 4 editting to submit by Friday to finish the project. Thank you for your patience.
BeckyW

PS. It's a new recording than what I was working on in August.
Last edited by BeckyWTX on November 30th, 2021, 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BeckyWTX

Post by BeckyWTX »

Section 04 of The Grand Canon of the Colorado by John Muir is submitted.
Duration: 21:14.80
88.7dB
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/grandcanon_04_muir_128kb.mp3

There are many on Librivox with talents far greater than mine. And more with technical skills far exceeding my own. There may be few, however, who love the writings of John Muir more than I do. I hope that is heard and felt as someone listens to this recording.

The word "magical" is over used these days -- John Muir's writings define it.

It has been a privilege to be a part of this project. Thank you Knotyouraveragejo and Rapunzelina for your guidance and gracious encouragement.
Happy Hanukkah. Merry Christmas.
BeckyWTX
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

BeckyWTX wrote: November 30th, 2021, 8:42 pm The word "magical" is over used these days -- John Muir's writings define it.
I could say the same thing about your reading voice! Or maybe it's the combination :D

Section 4 is PL OK and a very well done audiobook overall. Congrats on completing your solo!
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Congratulations Becky on completion of this solo recording for LibriVox! This book is now in the LibriVox catalog and available for listeners to download. Please check the catalog page and let me know if any changes are needed:

https://librivox.org/grand-canon-of-the-colorado-by-john-muir/
Jo
BeckyWTX

Post by BeckyWTX »

All looks fine on the catalog page. Thank you for so quickly adding this to the catalog.

Rapunzelina, thank you for your kindness. I will cherish your comment all my days.

Knotyouraveragejo and Rapunzelina - hope we have the opportunity to work together again sometime!

BeckyWTX