[COMPLETE] Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert (Version 2) - dc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
TheBanjo

Post by TheBanjo »

Sunrise2020 wrote: November 25th, 2021, 8:52 am In section 30 please check at about 22:18 where you repeat this passage: "Then the child grew cold and asked for her mother. Call the servant,” said Charles. “You know, dearie, that mamma does not like to be disturbed. Autumn was setting in, and the leaves were already falling, as they did two years ago when she was ill. Where would it all end? And he walked up and down, his hands behind his back." The rest of the section is fine.
Excellent! Well-spotted, and thank you. Can't imagine why I even repeated that passage, as the two sound very similar. Anyway, I presumably forgot to clap three times before repeating the passage (which gives a visual alert when editing the file in Audacity that a repeated phrase is present).

I have edited the file to remove the duplicated passage, and have re-uploaded section 30: https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/madamebovary_30_flaubert_128kb.mp3. The new running time is 35:55 (was 36:18 previously).
Sunrise2020

Post by Sunrise2020 »

PL is fine!

I always have the same reaction when you repeat a passage: "Wait! Didn't I just listen to that?!" I then quickly fumble to get to my phone, which takes a few seconds longer when it's wrapped against the rain, hit the pause button, and take a screen shot. At home, I open the book from which you record, find the section, listen to it again, search the book to highlight the passage, and send a message. :D
==========
Susanne
Sunrise2020

Post by Sunrise2020 »

What a horrible end!

PL of sections 31 and 32 is okay.
==========
Susanne
Sunrise2020

Post by Sunrise2020 »

I’m so glad you suggested to record this book! It’s a remarkable story about life and boredom in a series of provincial town and the woman who always dreams of being somewhere grander. I might even try to read the original 8-).

PL of final sections is ok.
==========
Susanne
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Off to cataloging then.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/madame-bovary-ver2-by-gustave-flaubert/

Let me know if anything is amiss. Congrats!
TheBanjo

Post by TheBanjo »

Sunrise2020 wrote: November 29th, 2021, 12:35 pm I’m so glad you suggested to record this book! It’s a remarkable story about life and boredom in a series of provincial town and the woman who always dreams of being somewhere grander. I might even try to read the original 8-).

PL of final sections is ok.
Thank you, Susanne. Yes, it seems this whole project has brought us both a lot of pleasure. I'm telling anyone I run across they need to read this book again, or for the first time. It's wonderful. Not everything I'll read for Librivox will reach this level, I'm sure — but at least we've both been to the top of this particular mountain now — and thanks, as always, for your careful double-checking. :clap: :clap:
TheBanjo

Post by TheBanjo »

craigdav1 wrote: November 29th, 2021, 7:14 pm All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/madame-bovary-ver2-by-gustave-flaubert/

Let me know if anything is amiss. Congrats!
Thanks Dave. All looks good to me. As always, I certainly appreciate your most timely help!
Peter