[COMPLETE] Peg O' My Heart by J. Hartley Manners-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

wib66 wrote: August 24th, 2021, 5:46 pm Here is Act 2 it is in two parts as it was too big to be one file.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/pegomyheart_03_manners_128kb.mp3
53:09

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/pegomyheart_04_manners_128kb.mp3
19:19
Well, Michele, this has been a treat listening to Act II.

There were a very few things that I noted that you may want to look at. In the first part:

11:32 Forgive me, Mr. Brent. I'm sorry. The end of sorry is cut off.

43:08 At the end of Peg's song, it sounds like the last word, Love, was cut off. If that is the way Jenn sang it, OK, but I think she probably gave it a little more length. Just a thought.

46:21 It sounds like “no” is cut off.

In the second part:

12:37.5 A line by Jarvis “Who's there?” is missing.

And two things really stood out in this Act. Jenn' singing and Melissa's crying. :9:

Of course I couldn't put these in the MW, but I did it off of the links posted in the Forum.

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Kalamareader wrote: August 24th, 2021, 8:52 pm
wib66 wrote: August 24th, 2021, 5:46 pm Here is Act 2 it is in two parts as it was too big to be one file.

There were a very few things that I noted that you may want to look at. In the first part:

11:32 Forgive me, Mr. Brent. I'm sorry. The end of sorry is cut off. this has been edited

43:08 At the end of Peg's song, it sounds like the last word, Love, was cut off. If that is the way Jenn sang it, OK, but I think she probably gave it a little more length. Just a thought. this has been edited

46:21 It sounds like “no” is cut off. I have checked the original file and this is how it was said

In the second part:

12:37.5 A line by Jarvis “Who's there?” is missing. the line is missing from the original file I will PM the reader to see if they are still available to edit.

And two things really stood out in this Act. Jenn' singing and Melissa's crying. :9:

Of course I couldn't put these in the MW, but I did it off of the links posted in the Forum.

Wayne
Thanks Wayne I have now carried out the edits and just need to contact the reader for Jarvis to read the missing line so hopefully that can then be put in.

53:13
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

wib66 wrote: August 25th, 2021, 8:46 am
Kalamareader wrote: August 24th, 2021, 8:52 pm

11:32 Forgive me, Mr. Brent. I'm sorry. The end of sorry is cut off. this has been edited

43:08 At the end of Peg's song, it sounds like the last word, Love, was cut off. If that is the way Jenn sang it, OK, but I think she probably gave it a little more length. Just a thought. this has been edited

46:21 It sounds like “no” is cut off. I have checked the original file and this is how it was said

In the second part:

12:37.5 A line by Jarvis “Who's there?” is missing. the line is missing from the original file I will PM the reader to see if they are still available to edit.

Wayne
Thanks Wayne I have now carried out the edits and just need to contact the reader for Jarvis to read the missing line so hopefully that can then be put in.

53:13
Section 3 is now PLOK :thumbs:

Wayne
Wayne
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Hi if I am not mistaken I think this one might be ready for the catalogue.
I am not able to access the MW to upload the final files etc.
Thanks
Michele
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

Woohoo! I am excited to listen to the finished product.
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks for letting me know, Michele. I've been a little unclear about this project. I should have some time this afternoon to work on it.

I don't believe we have a cast list yet. I can do that, if needed. But if anyone would like to volunteer to make and post one, it will make cataloguing smoother this afternoon. :wink:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

wib66 wrote: September 12th, 2021, 5:04 am Hi if I am not mistaken I think this one might be ready for the catalogue.
Thanks
I've updated the MW to what I believe is the current standing. However, in looking through the most recent posts, I don't see any record that the following note was ever addressed and/or spot PLed. Can you confirm whether or not we were able to get this line submitted? If not, we'll need to try to recruit a voice that sounds similar.
Kalamareader wrote: August 24th, 2021, 8:52 pm In the second part:

EDIT: I see that the role of Jarvis was played by Chris (SonOfTheExiles), who has had some difficulty being here for the last few months due to circumstances beyond his control. I'm sure he's willing to record this line for us, but I don't know just when he might be able.
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

mightyfelix wrote: September 12th, 2021, 2:05 pm
wib66 wrote: September 12th, 2021, 5:04 am Hi if I am not mistaken I think this one might be ready for the catalogue.
Thanks
I've updated the MW to what I believe is the current standing. However, in looking through the most recent posts, I don't see any record that the following note was ever addressed and/or spot PLed. Can you confirm whether or not we were able to get this line submitted? If not, we'll need to try to recruit a voice that sounds similar.
Kalamareader wrote: August 24th, 2021, 8:52 pm In the second part:

EDIT: I see that the role of Jarvis was played by Chris (SonOfTheExiles), who has had some difficulty being here for the last few months due to circumstances beyond his control. I'm sure he's willing to record this line for us, but I don't know just when he might be able.
Michele and Devorah,

I was just looking and listening to this. So did you just cut out that one line? I sounds just great that way. So what is next? Are we going to finish this thing up?

Wayne
Wayne
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I hesitate to send a work to the catalogue which we know full well is missing a line. I don't know the story/scene well enough to know whether it plays well with that line missing, but in my experience, every line matters. I do understand that it's frustrating to have to wait on a project that is all but finished but not quite. I still haven't heard any news on when Chris will be able to come back, although I know he wants to. However, I will work on trying to find someone else who is willing and able to mimic his voice for that one line. Stay tuned.
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

mightyfelix wrote: October 24th, 2021, 2:42 pm I hesitate to send a work to the catalogue which we know full well is missing a line. I don't know the story/scene well enough to know whether it plays well with that line missing, but in my experience, every line matters. I do understand that it's frustrating to have to wait on a project that is all but finished but not quite. I still haven't heard any news on when Chris will be able to come back, although I know he wants to. However, I will work on trying to find someone else who is willing and able to mimic his voice for that one line. Stay tuned.
I listened to the clip along with reading the script (PLing) again just now and that incidental line is not really missed. Jarvis runs into Alaric at the bottom of the stairs in the dark and Jarvis says "Who's there", Alaric then says "I've got you now" then something kind of muttered like "Who's that", and Jarvis says "It's me, Sir". So if you left out the missing line, it really doesn't make and difference in the context. That is just my view of the thing. Why don't you give it a listen, if you haven't. As to your other point, I can try to copy Chris. It will take until Tuesday before I will be back in town and can record.

Of course your call,

Wayne
Wayne
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Actually, I already contacted the person I had in mind (Algy Pug), and he was happy to oblige us (and much quicker than I had any reason to expect, too).

I took it upon myself to go ahead and insert his line into our scene at the proper place. Will you go ahead and spot PL that Wayne, and let me know what you think?
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

mightyfelix wrote: October 24th, 2021, 6:26 pm Actually, I already contacted the person I had in mind (Algy Pug), and he was happy to oblige us (and much quicker than I had any reason to expect, too).

I took it upon myself to go ahead and insert his line into our scene at the proper place. Will you go ahead and spot PL that Wayne, and let me know what you think?
Devorah,

That sounds great to me.

Algy, Great Job :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: And on such short notice as well!!

Go ahead and do your magic!

I have listened to this in bits and snatches, and even as the final PL, but it will be fun to listen to the whole thing straight through.

Thanks for the chance,

Wayne
Wayne
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/peg-o-my-heart-by-john-hartley-manners/

Thank you, everyone, for your participation and your patience as well!
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Many Thanks to those who stepped in to finish this project, primarily Michele, Devorah and Wayne :thumbs:

I am sure that all of us who read parts for this will be glad to see it in the catalogue :D
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose