COMPLETE The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
crcrossen

Post by crcrossen »

mozartjr, I have corrected Chapter 4 in two places, as per your notes. I see that Chapter 5 is in red -- but I didn't see any PL notes about problems there. Can you tell me where to look? Thanks!

I have corrected Chapter 4, and can upload the corrected version, which is now 30:58 in length. Tricia, do I need to delete the previous version I posted? Should I keep the name of the corrected file the same?

Thanks,
Cynthia
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Keep the name the same. It'll preserve the file name and rename the old version. I'll delete 'em all when the project is cataloged.

And please change the run time in the Magic Window to the current run time. :)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
Mozartjr

Post by Mozartjr »

crcrossen wrote: September 19th, 2021, 4:06 pm mozartjr, I have corrected Chapter 4 in two places, as per your notes. I see that Chapter 5 is in red -- but I didn't see any PL notes about problems there. Can you tell me where to look? Thanks!

I have corrected Chapter 4, and can upload the corrected version, which is now 30:58 in length. Tricia, do I need to delete the previous version I posted? Should I keep the name of the corrected file the same?

Thanks,
Cynthia
I accidentally hit the SEE PL NOTES button instead of PL OK. Sorry about that! I need to be more careful :?
crcrossen

Post by crcrossen »

Dear TriciaG & mozartjr,

I have uploaded a corrected version of Chapter 4:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/windinthewillows_04_grahame_128kb.mp3

It is 30:58 long. I registered to get into the Magic Window, and corrected the time there.

mozartjr, will you need to go back and check my corrections? I wasn't sure, so I didn't change the entry to PL OK. So, the corrected version still shows up in red.

Tricia, I am waiting to hear back from Sarbaga's son about my proposed catalog entry... all our other friends like what I have written.

Thanks y'all,
Cynthia
crcrossen

Post by crcrossen »

TriciaG, Here's the catalog blurb that Sarbaga's family and friends have approved:

The Wind in the Willows is a classic children's book--enjoyed by all ages!--by British novelist Kenneth Grahame, first published in 1908. Begun as letters to his 7-year-old son Alistair and later developed into a novel, it tells the adventures of animals Mole, Rat, and Toad, who dwell, along with Badger, Otter, and other animals, in the riverbank, fields, and woodlands of the English countryside. Best friends Mole and Rat, along with Badger, are continually rescuing Toad from his scrapes. An encounter with nature god Pan lends a special magic to this tale.

In 2011, I recorded this delightful reading by my friend Sarbaga Falk. We made presents of the recordings for Sarbaga’s family and our friends and their children and grandchildren; and had it in mind to put it on Librivox. Shortly after we recorded Wind in the Willows, Sarbaga was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer’s, which worsened until she passed away in February 2020.

Sarbaga loved tales, jokes, and stories, and she would no doubt be tickled to listen to this wonderful tale told in her own inimitable and expressive voice. This stands as a fitting tribute to our dear friend, as she continues to delight us all.

(Summary by Cynthia Rylander Crossen)

Will this work? If so, will you post this, or let me know how to do it?

Thanks,
Cynthia
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Sounds good, thanks!

You can change section 4 to "Ready for spot PL". :)

The blurb looks great! I'll add it to the database entry, and it'll show up when the project is cataloged.
crcrossen

Post by crcrossen »

Thanks, Tricia! I have made the change in the Magic Window to "Ready for spot PL".
Mozartjr

Post by Mozartjr »

crcrossen wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 10:19 am Dear TriciaG & mozartjr,

I have uploaded a corrected version of Chapter 4:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/windinthewillows_04_grahame_128kb.mp3

It is 30:58 long. I registered to get into the Magic Window, and corrected the time there.

mozartjr, will you need to go back and check my corrections? I wasn't sure, so I didn't change the entry to PL OK. So, the corrected version still shows up in red.

Tricia, I am waiting to hear back from Sarbaga's son about my proposed catalog entry... all our other friends like what I have written.

Thanks y'all,
Cynthia
Hi Cynthia,
Chapter 4 is PL OK! All issues are fixed!
Sections 7-9 are also PL Ok! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
I'm almost finished with the others... should be finished by the end of the week.
Mozartjr
Mozartjr

Post by Mozartjr »

Sections 10, 11, and 12 PL OK! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
ALL SECTIONS PL OK!
I enjoyed listening to it!
Mozarjr
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-wind-in-the-willows-by-kenneth-grahame-5/
crcrossen

Post by crcrossen »

Thanks so much, Tricia and mozartjr!!! :9: I will send this link to Sarbaga's friends and family. I so appreciate your helping me see this to completion. 😊

In gratitude,
Cynthia 😘
Mozartjr

Post by Mozartjr »

crcrossen wrote: September 24th, 2021, 12:46 pm Thanks so much, Tricia and mozartjr!!! :9: I will send this link to Sarbaga's friends and family. I so appreciate your helping me see this to completion. 😊

In gratitude,
Cynthia 😘
Will this be the end of LibriVox for you, or will you stay on to do some more projects?
crcrossen

Post by crcrossen »

Thanks for asking, mozartjr. I am thinking on it.

Mutual friends of mine and Sarbaga's would spend a week at the beach together, and every night, read aloud to our little boys (who are all grown up now). My son (whom we read aloud to every night when he was young) is now an avid Librivox listener, and told me about it years ago.

I am now in love with the LV community. I downloaded some public domain books. I have loved working with you and Tricia. I now know how to do everything.

My performing has all been music, so reading aloud would be new, and likely interesting to try. And of course, there are other ways to volunteer...

So... We'll see!
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

This is wonderful, thank you all. Wow the work that goes into this stuff. Amazing.
crcrossen

Post by crcrossen »

Thank you, rredmond! Yes, the Librivox community is amazing. I was happy to have joined it in making Sarbaga's reading of WITW available to a wider audience. TriciaG, mozartjr, and the help I got on the technical forum all made it possible.