[COMPLETE] SOLO Prairie Poems from the Sunflower State by Lottie Brown Allen - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Annalisa56

Post by Annalisa56 »

Now everyone, big or little, has a story.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ah I see you have been prolific Annalisa :)
Your feedback is genuinely appreciated. I think I have recorded each poem about 5 times trying to get it right.
awww, did you ? You do know that you can also correct small errors without re-recording the whole thing, I hope ?

Well I can assure you, it fully paid off. The poems are all wonderfully narrated. I love your quiet, melodious voice, it suits these sensitive, personal poems very much. :9:

Hard to choose, they are all beautiful, but my favourites from this batch are Reverie and A Gingerbread Story. Reverie because of the topic and almost romantic quality in the verses and Gingerbread because it's such a sweet story and I love the smile one can hear out of your reading.

Absolutely nothing to correct, they are all PL ok. An excellent start and I'm looking forward to the rest.

Sonia
Annalisa56

Post by Annalisa56 »

Thank you Sonia.
Annalisa56

Post by Annalisa56 »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

awww the Old Wash-Place was sooo sad :( I had a hard time stifling back the tears while listening. Wonderful reading for all of them. :thumbs: I can mark them all PL ok.

Just be careful with the file-naming. As you can see in your list here, Section 2 is wrongly named. There's a dot before the number 02 and mp3_ attached to 128kb.

No need to reupload though, as there are no other errors. I can change the file-name in my folder. I'll make a note in the MW.

The easiest way is to make a copy/paste job of the template file name in the first post. That way you only need to exchange the ## for the correct section number and the risk of naming it wrongly are limited.

Sonia
Annalisa56

Post by Annalisa56 »

Well that was embarrassing! I even ran it through the checker and didn't notice it failed! I was paying so much attention to length and volume! Thank you for fixing that.
I have to admit I am a sucker for sad poems! The Old Wash Place got to me also. I prefer Lottie's poems though. I love her clean concise lines and interesting rhyming patterns.
Thank you Sonia for all your help (and your feedback)!
AnnaLisa
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Filename for Section 2 is now corrected :)

Sonia
Annalisa56

Post by Annalisa56 »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

super, thank you Annalisa :) I will PL them tomorrow, promised. It's a bit late here today. If all is well, by tomorrow evening your first solo will be archived. So stay tuned !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

excellent readings, all of them, Annalisa :clap: I can mark them all PL ok. This is a wonderful little collection of sweet and sensitive poems. :9:

And that means, your first solo is accomplished. :D I will archive it this evening and will post the finished link in here.

Congrats !

Sonia
Annalisa56

Post by Annalisa56 »

Sonia
Thank you so much for all your help and encouragement. I hope I have been faithful to Lottie's intent with her poems. It has been a joy to work with you.
AnnaLisa
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

And here is the link, Annalisa. The archiving process also went smoothly without a glitch :9: this project was easy and perfect from first to last.

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/prairie-poems-from-the-sunflower-state-by-lottie-brown-allen/

will move it over to Completed Projects now.

Sonia