COMPLETE Commentary on Luke sermons 141-157 by Cyril of Alexandria - choc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

Hello, Patttymarie! Section 10 is ready when you are :) Thank you!

No rush. I've got a proof-listener on vacation, another on chemo, and you have your own trials. So, take a listen when it will be a pleasant break for you.
Meanwhile, I'll keep recording as much as my strained voice will allow.

Peace be with you,
Sister
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Section 10 is pl ok. More admonishment to be gentle as Jesus was in the face of so much worse and entirely undeserved cruelty.
Pattymarie
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

Hello, Pattymarie! Section 11 is ready for you. Thank you!

Peace be with you,
Sister
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

Hello! Section 12 is ready now, too. Thank you!

Peace be with you,
Sister
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Sections 11 and 12 are pl ok. Sigh...just three more to go, but then I'll be able to listen to the completed projects having each sermon handy as I come to the text it's based on as I read through Luke again. :)
Pattymarie
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

It's hard to believe that we're almost done and that we've been working on this for such a long time.
But section 13 is ready for you. And, as always, thank you!

Peace be with you,
Sister
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Section 13 is pl ok.
Pattymarie
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

Hello, Pattymarie! Section 14 is ready for you. It's short, but the length of the final section should make up for that. Thank you!

Peace be with you,
Sister
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Section 14 is pl ok. Looking forward to the lengthier one coming. :)
Pattymarie
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

Hello, Pattymarie! Well, here is the very last section. It seems to have been sewn together from here and there by various people. To me, anyway, it misses the flavor of St Cyril that we've come to enjoy so much. We've been working on this since early 2020, so it's been 2 1/2 years!

Thank you so much! God bless you!
Sister

Peace be with you,
Sister
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Well, some of St. Cyril's wisdom comes through in his implicit endorsement of "leav(ing) the matter to the power of God." That practice would avoid much contention. It is with a mixture and gladness and regret that this journey with St. Cyril and your recording of him comes to an end, but listening to the recordings again will surely afford pleasure and fresh appreciation of truth and wisdom I didn't catch on first hearing. And wouldn't you know that after a few very busy days, as you might have guessed from my just now finding and proofing this last file, there are a total of seven files, some almost 30 minutes long, uploaded from other projects I'm the dpl for :roll: . I'm going to stay away from the launch pad till my life gets settled down and not so crazily busy, but I hope sometime to work with you again on something(s) you find help us in our walk with God, or are entertainments to which we can take him along.

I would have asked if you had time to record a bit my project, A History of England by Charles Oman, that I started as a solo but opened up as a group project if it had gone as slowly as I expected, but it drew so much enthusiasm that it's completion is closing in on me so I'm likely to be the last hold out with the handful of files I retained for myself, and we have a super-efficient dpl, who is British, loves British history, and reads well, who I'm pretty sure will snap up with alacrity the three I'm willing to relinquish.

God be with you always, the greatest of blessings,
Sister
Last edited by pattymarie on September 30th, 2022, 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pattymarie
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Thank you, Laurie, for being our faithful mc and getting all these collections out quickly to the public. I hope to see you around some more, too. I want to sometime treat myself to listening again to your recording of Riders of the Purple Sage.
Pattymarie
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

It's taking FOREVER to finish deriving at Archive -- their servers must be busy this weekend! I'll post back when the process is complete.

Edited to add: OK, posting about it worked. :lol: Possibly also me hitting the "derive" button again, though that's not supposed to do anything when derivation is already in process. ANYWAY --

Cataloging is complete! https://librivox.org/commentary-on-the-gospel-of-luke-sermons-141-157-by-cyril-of-alexandria/

Congratulations! Two and a half years, great work! As always, it's my pleasure to work with you both and I look forward to seeing you around the forums. :)
Laurie Anne
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

Thank you so much to you both! I don't want to make a final post...I've enjoyed working with both of you, and fallen in love with St Cyril. I look forward to working with you again.

Joyfully,
Sister

Peace be with you,
Sister