SOLO [Irish] An Sgéaluidhe Gaedhealach by Dúbhglas de h-Íde - tg

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

brianeanna wrote: February 4th, 2022, 4:04 pm Another question: what opinion do you have of the footnotes? Should they be included?
footnotes are "outside of the text" so it's optional and up to the reader whether he wants to include them. Sometimes I include them in projects if they are longer explanations about something, an interesting fact file so to speak. If it's only a book/page reference, I definitely leave them out.

In case you do include them, please position them after the word/sentence they refer to, and say "Footnote: [text of the note] - End of footnote" and then go on with the next sentence.

I will Spot PL on Monday. Just for clarification: you only changed the intro, nothing else, I hope ? Then the status should be put to "Ready for SPOT PL", so the DPL knows it's not a re-recording from scratch. :?

Have a good weekend.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
brianeanna

Post by brianeanna »

Kitty wrote: February 5th, 2022, 2:05 am
brianeanna wrote: February 4th, 2022, 4:04 pm Another question: what opinion do you have of the footnotes? Should they be included?
footnotes are "outside of the text" so it's optional and up to the reader whether he wants to include them. Sometimes I include them in projects if they are longer explanations about something, an interesting fact file so to speak. If it's only a book/page reference, I definitely leave them out.

In case you do include them, please position them after the word/sentence they refer to, and say "Footnote: [text of the note] - End of footnote" and then go on with the next sentence.

I will Spot PL on Monday. Just for clarification: you only changed the intro, nothing else, I hope ? Then the status should be put to "Ready for SPOT PL", so the DPL knows it's not a re-recording from scratch. :?

Have a good weekend.

Sonia
Thanks. Changed it to "Spot PL"
B
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

brianeanna wrote: February 4th, 2022, 3:57 pmI took your advice and went with the short intro. File reuploaded for PL.
hmm, did you say exactly what the short intro says ? :hmm:
"Section 1 of An Sgéaluidhe Gaedhealach, by Dubhglas Dehide. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain."
I think you did not mention the author's name and you said two sentences after that, instead of only one. What exactly did you say ?

Could you maybe edit your first post with the written intro in Irish (we have it in English right now, which is not helpful), so I can reference what I hear to the text, that would be easier for me to compare.

Sonia
brianeanna

Post by brianeanna »

Kitty wrote: February 7th, 2022, 3:53 am
brianeanna wrote: February 4th, 2022, 3:57 pmI took your advice and went with the short intro. File reuploaded for PL.
hmm, did you say exactly what the short intro says ? :hmm:
"Section 1 of An Sgéaluidhe Gaedhealach, by Dubhglas Dehide. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain."
I think you did not mention the author's name and you said two sentences after that, instead of only one. What exactly did you say ?

Could you maybe edit your first post with the written intro in Irish (we have it in English right now, which is not helpful), so I can reference what I hear to the text, that would be easier for me to compare.

Sonia
Hi, Sonia.
Here is the text that I have been using:

"Chapter 1 of A Little Princess. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org. This reading by Kara Shallenberg. A Little Princess, by Frances Hodgson Burnett. Chapter one: Sara"

Caibidil QQQ de QQQ. Taifead de chuid Librivox is ea seo. Tá gach taifead de chuid Librivox san fhearann poiblí. Chun eolas breise a fháil, nó chun obair dheonach a dhéanamh don tionscadal, tabhair cuairt ar librivox.org. Tá an léamh seo á dhéanamh ag Brian Ó Broin, @brianeanna. TEIDEAL, le ÚDAR. Caibidil QQQ, "Teideal".

-------------------

Cuid QQQ de An Sgéaluidhe Gaedhealach, le Dubhglas de hÍde. Tá an taifead seo de chuid Librivox san fhearann poiblí.

---------------------

"End of Section QQQ"

Deireadh Cuid QQQ.

----------------

"End of QQQ"

Deireadh QQQ (an leabhar]

-------------------
Brianeanna
brianeanna

Post by brianeanna »

Hi Sonia,

You'll find a slightly updated recording of "An Sagart agus an t-Easpag" ready for PL in the magic window. The opening seconds now read as follows:

["Section 1 of An Sgéaluidhe Gaedhealach, by Dubhglas Dehide. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain."]

"Cuid QQQ de An Sgéaluidhe Gaedhealach, le Dubhglas de hÍde. Tá an taifead seo de chuid Librivox san fhearann poiblí."

You'll note that I am using the word "caibidil" (chapter) instead of "cuid" (section), because the book's chapters are numbered in that way.

I have made no changes to the rest of the file, so I should probably have listed the file "Ready for Spot PL", but I thought it better to leave that determination to you.

I have proceeded on to the next chapter (Eirighe Chuinn . . .), but am cleaning the file a little before I submit it.

Brianeanna
brianeanna

Post by brianeanna »

And #2 "Eirighe Chuinn" now ready for PL.
Will stand by.
Brianeanna
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

brianeanna wrote: February 25th, 2022, 12:33 pm You'll find a slightly updated recording of "An Sagart agus an t-Easpag" ready for PL in the magic window. The opening seconds now read as follows:
["Section 1 of An Sgéaluidhe Gaedhealach, by Dubhglas Dehide. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain."]
"Cuid QQQ de An Sgéaluidhe Gaedhealach, le Dubhglas de hÍde. Tá an taifead seo de chuid Librivox san fhearann poiblí."
You'll note that I am using the word "caibidil" (chapter) instead of "cuid" (section), because the book's chapters are numbered in that way.

I have made no changes to the rest of the file, so I should probably have listed the file "Ready for Spot PL", but I thought it better to leave that determination to you.
yes it's best to put in on "Spot PL" because that tells me you only changed my PL notes and nothing else.

In any case, thanks for the clear intro text now, I changed your first post and put in the Irish wording, so I can refer to it easily. Section 1 is now PL ok. Just for clarification, you did not change the full intro of Section 0, correct ? Because in the first section we need the full intro.

Oh and yes, you can use "chapter" instead of "section", if you are sure that every chapter can fit inside the 74-minute-limit. If one chapter needs to be broken up, the wording "section" would be better, since then the numbering will be continuous, regardless how many parts one chapter has. I personally prefer "section" but in your solo you can use whatever you like best :)

For the second story I found no errors at all :thumbs: excellently narrated again. I would have a very small suggestion for edit though:

> at 1:13: between "bruith" and "agus nuair" I can hear a loud clicking of fingers (I think), which could get cut out to make it cleaner

The rest is perfect, thanks.

Oh one other small request, to make thumbing in the book easier (for me and you actually). Could you write the page numbers in the notes sections, then I can find easily on which page the next story starts. I put in the next few so you can see what I mean. We can delete that again once the section is PL ok.

Sonia
brianeanna

Post by brianeanna »

Hi Sonia,

I have made absolutely no change to section 0 "Roimhrádh", which includes the long detailed intro.
I'll see what I can do about that clicking and then reupload next week.

Brianeanna
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

brianeanna wrote: February 26th, 2022, 9:00 amI have made absolutely no change to section 0 "Roimhrádh", which includes the long detailed intro.
yes that's what I thought, just wanted to make sure one final time :)

Sonia
brianeanna

Post by brianeanna »

Hi Sonia,

Click removed. Sound file re-uploaded and marked "Ready for Spot PL".

Brianeanna
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

brianeanna wrote: February 27th, 2022, 12:00 pmClick removed. Sound file re-uploaded and marked "Ready for Spot PL".
:thumbs: excellent and now PL ok as well :)

Sonia
brianeanna

Post by brianeanna »

Chapter 3 ready for spot PL.
brianeanna
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

super, another cool story. I read it in French before to follow along a bit :lol: The poor devils. It was lovely to listen to your narrative again, I really enjoy it, even though I don't understand much. But it sounds great and I am able to follow along with the text.

Totally PL ok. Thanks

Sonia
brianeanna

Post by brianeanna »

Hi Sonia,

Chapter four ready for PL.

Brianeanna
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

cool, another story and one full of action. Another beautifully narrated piece. Thank you.

I have a few small corrections to suggest this time:

> at 0:44: (p. 36) repeat, one version can get cut: "frith suipéar réidh dóibh chomh maith a's bhi sé aige, agus nuair bhi an suipéar caithe, d'iarr an ridire ar an dá-'r-'eug so"

> at 5:30: (p. 40) "do ghnatha (gnódh) ceart" – sometimes you include the words in parenthesis, here you didn't. I'm not sure how important for the text it is, so I let you decide on whether it changes the meaning or not

> at 11:53: (p. 46) word missing (underlined): "aon mhaith dhó trufón bheith an súil go bráth leis"

Sonia