[COMPLETE] Colossians, Young's Literal Translation - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
tiwo007

Post by tiwo007 »

Colossians, by Robert Young (1822 - 1888)

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/epistle-to-the-colossians-2-youngs-literal-translation/
In 1887 Dr. Young issued a Revised Edition, of which two impressions are exhausted. The work has been subjected to a new revision, making no alteration on the principles on which the Translation proceeds but endeavoring to make it as nearly perfect in point of accuracy on its present lines as possible. (Summary by )
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://archive.org/details/youngsliteraltranslationoftheholyscriptures1898/page/n747/mode/2up

Target completion date: 2021-12-20

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of Colossians. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Colossians, Young's literal translation . Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section (or Chapter) # of Colossians, Young's literal translation . This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Colossians, Young's literal translation."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: colossians_##_young_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. colossians_01_young_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: TriiciaG

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

This is set up. I assume Lomond is going to DPL again, so I've put him in.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
tiwo007

Post by tiwo007 »

Thanks a ton.
Tiwo
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Tiwo - you working on this? :)
tiwo007

Post by tiwo007 »

Hey guys just checking in to let you know I'm still working on this. Had little sickness over the past few weeks and so things got delayed. But, I should start posting next week.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Okay, thanks for letting us know. 8-) Heal up!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Oh - I see you've posted a chapter!

Please do drop a post as well, to trigger notifications. That's one more way the DPL can find out that you've uploaded something. :)
tiwo007

Post by tiwo007 »

lomond

Post by lomond »

tiwo007 wrote: January 10th, 2022, 3:26 pm Ok :-) Ch 02
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/Colossians_02_ylt_128kb.mp3 05:00
Greetings -

Nicely read, tiwo007. Both chapters are now listed as PL OK.

Lomond
tiwo007

Post by tiwo007 »

tiwo007

Post by tiwo007 »

Colossians chapter 4 https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/Colossians_04_ylt_128kb.mp3 03:52

Here is the last ch. There is a little background noise in some parts. if it is too much I can rerecord.
Thanks
tiwo007

Post by tiwo007 »

Also, I noticed that someone else read Colossians. Was there a mixup on my part?
Tiwo
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

tiwo007 wrote: January 20th, 2022, 5:40 pm Also, I noticed that someone else read Colossians. Was there a mixup on my part?
Tiwo
Nope, no mixup. :) Someone else decided to read it, too. We can have more than one version in the catalog, no problem. 8-)
lomond

Post by lomond »

tiwo007 wrote: January 20th, 2022, 5:30 pm Colossians chapter 4 https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/Colossians_04_ylt_128kb.mp3 03:52

Here is the last ch. There is a little background noise in some parts. if it is too much I can rerecord.
Thanks
Greetings -

I did not notice any offending background noise so I wouldn't worry about it.

The reading was done well and nothing would keep both Chapters 3 and 4 from being listed as PL OK if the Checker software didn't have a concern.

Seems it noticed that the two URLs have a capital letter. :roll:

Nicely done, tiwo007. Will you be reading any other books of the Bible?

Lomond
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Great! I'll work on this today. 8-)

(The capital letter in the file name isn't a major issue, since I can correct the file names with two clicks and a couple keystrokes during cataloging. They're more important on a project where the file names don't fit the regular format - such as when readers add their initials to the file name.)