[COMPLETE] Money and Trade Considered by John Law - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
gyllila

Post by gyllila »

Money and trade considered: with a proposal for supplying the nation with money, by John Law (1671 - 1729)

This project is now complete. All files can be downloaded from the catalog page here:
https://librivox.org/money-and-trade-considered-by-john-law/

Money and Trade Considered, With a Proposal for Supplying the Nation with Money was so much more than a mere proposal for a note-issuing bank. It was a staggeringly original work of genius which not only included proposals for new systems of banking, and the issuing of paper money as a means to stimulate the economy, but also revealed, for the first time, several of the most significant economic concepts ever devised; concepts which would later be espoused by economists such as Adam Smith and John Maynard Keynes without acknowledgement. It was meant for the consideration of the Scottish Parliament, but the ideas it contained fundamentally altered economics, politics, finance, and, consequently, the modern world. John Law’s Money and Trade Considered is the most influential but least acknowledged work in the history of economics. (Summary by Gavin John Adams)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://archive.org/details/moneytradeconsid00lawj

Target completion date: 2021-12-15

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================
Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Business & Economics
Keywords that describe the book: economics, money, trade
========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section # of Money and trade considered: with a proposal for supplying the nation with money. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Money and trade considered: with a proposal for supplying the nation with money, by John Law. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section (or Chapter) # of Money and Trade Considered by John Law. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Money and trade considered: with a proposal for supplying the nation with money, by John Law."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: moneyandtrade_##_law_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. moneyandtrade_01_law_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: Availle

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
JorWat

Post by JorWat »

If you're looking for a DPL, I'm available and looking for a new project.
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

This sounds interesting - I"ll MC this for you! Back in a moment with MW and stuff... :D

Edit: Okay, I'm all done here, looks good! I've shorted the filename and the intro for all sections after the first, JorWat is in as DPL.... anything else?

Have fun you two! :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
gyllila

Post by gyllila »

Thank you so much, @JorWat and @Availle! :D
Then I‘ll proceed and hopefully can already upload the first section today. ;)
gyllila

Post by gyllila »

JorWat wrote: October 12th, 2021, 2:33 pm If you're looking for a DPL, I'm available and looking for a new project.
Thank you again, Jordan! :D Here is chapter 1:

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/moneyandtrade_01_law_128kb.mp3

Track length: 14:50

Have a nice day! :)
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Well done!

Remember that in a solo you're responsible for the MW - please enter the link and the runtime in the appropriate columns and set the PL Status to "Ready for PL". :)

If you do that, you don't have to post your files in the thread. A simple note "I've uploaded chapter x" is fine.
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
gyllila

Post by gyllila »

Availle wrote: October 13th, 2021, 3:03 pm Well done!

Remember that in a solo you're responsible for the MW - please enter the link and the runtime in the appropriate columns and set the PL Status to "Ready for PL". :)

If you do that, you don't have to post your files in the thread. A simple note "I've uploaded chapter x" is fine.
Oops, have forgotten updating the MW. :P
Thank you for the tips, I’ll immediately do it.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Lots of things to remember if you're going solo.

Which is exactly what we're doing now! :wink:

Have fun you two!
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
JorWat

Post by JorWat »

gyllila wrote: October 13th, 2021, 10:53 am Thank you again, Jordan! :D Here is chapter 1:

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/moneyandtrade_01_law_128kb.mp3

Track length: 14:50

Have a nice day! :)
PL OK. And we're off!
Jordan

gyllila

Post by gyllila »

JorWat wrote: October 15th, 2021, 10:45 am
PL OK. And we're off!
Thank you so much! :D

Have just uploaded section 2. :)
JorWat

Post by JorWat »

gyllila wrote: October 15th, 2021, 2:06 pm Thank you so much! :D

Have just uploaded section 2. :)
PL OK
Jordan

gyllila

Post by gyllila »

JorWat wrote: October 17th, 2021, 12:02 pm PL OK
Great! Thank you! :D

Section 3 is also ready. :)
JorWat

Post by JorWat »

gyllila wrote: October 17th, 2021, 1:13 pm Great! Thank you! :D

Section 3 is also ready. :)
PL OK.
Jordan

gyllila

Post by gyllila »

JorWat wrote: October 18th, 2021, 1:09 pm PL OK.
Thank you so much! :D
gyllila

Post by gyllila »

Now is the last part of chapter 2 also online. :)