[COMPLETE] Степные сказки. Сочинение Григория Данилевского - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ShiNeko

Post by ShiNeko »

Степные сказки. Сочинение Григория Данилевского (1829-1890), by Grigory Danilevsky (1829 - 1890)

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/stepnyia-skazki-by-grigory-danilevsky/
Украинская степь - что это? Это бескрайнее пространство, устланное ковром из ароматных трав, над которыми оживленно жужжат пчелы, порхают цветными крылышками бабочки. Над лентами прозрачных рек и зеркалом озер, обрамленных высоким очеретом, мелькают стрекозы. Это место, где между полевых цветов свободно гуляет ветер, и они кланяются ему в такт какой-то только им известной песне. Здесь солнце огромными бесформенными пятнами бросает на землю тени пушистых облаков, а те плывут себе не торопясь... И на сердце становится спокойно, тепло... и кажется, что протянув руку к небу, ты сможешь поймать одно из этих белых облачков. Поймать, повертеть в руках, пристально рассмотреть и выпустить обратно, чтобы оно продолжило свой путь над вечным степным простором.

"Степные сказки" Григория Данилевского пронизаны свободолюбивым казацким духом, степной безудержностью, остроумием, мистикой и небылицами. Основаны на народных сказках Слободской Украины, в которой, ранее остальных, казак переоделся из алого кунтуша в серую свитку, вместо привычной сабли взял в руки косу, а верный вороной конь уже не пускался в бой вместе с хозяином против Ляхов и Турков, а служил по-хозяйству. И мирно они живут там, на хуторе, среди белых низеньких мазанок... (Summary by Anastasiia Solokha)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://archive.org/details/stepnyiaskazki00dani/

Target completion date: 2021-12-24

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Степные сказки, Сказка [номер]. Сочинение Григория Данилевского. - Эта звукозапись сделана для проекта ЛибриВокс. Все звукозаписи ЛибриВокс находятся в общественном достоянии. Для более подробной информации или регистрации в качестве волонтера, пожалуйста посетите вэб-сайт: librivox ТОЧКА org"
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Степные сказки. Сказка [номер]. Сочинение Григория Данилевского. Эта звукозапись, сделанная для сайта ЛибриВокс, находится в общественном достоянии."
"[Название сказки]"
[*]If you wish, say:
"Звукозапись сделал[а] [Ваше имя]"

End of recording:
Say:
"Конец [номер] сказки [название сказки]" [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"Конец Степных сказок. Сочинение Григория Данилевского."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: stepnyyeskazki_##_danilevsky_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. stepnyyeskazki_01_danilevsky_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: TriciaG

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
Last edited by ShiNeko on January 7th, 2022, 3:31 am, edited 9 times in total.
~Anastasiia
Multilingual Monthly Poem like Weekly Poetry but for all languages🗺
Сборник рассказов Л. Андреева
"Кобзар" Шевченко several short roles: "Гайдамаки", "Великий льох" 🎭
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Glad to see you back, Nastya!
Would you take me as the DPL here?
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
ShiNeko

Post by ShiNeko »

chulsky wrote: October 10th, 2021, 6:24 pm Glad to see you back, Nastya!
Would you take me as the DPL here?
Hello, Mark! Thanks! Yeah, it would be great. :)
~Anastasiia
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I was about to set this up, but the project code is missing. Did you delete it from the first post? I can't set up the project without it.

Fill in the template again. You don't have to copy everything over into the forum again, but do post the project code - that line after "This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system."

The project code is what takes what you filled into the template and puts it in the database.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
ShiNeko

Post by ShiNeko »

TriciaG wrote: October 13th, 2021, 11:51 am I was about to set this up, but the project code is missing. Did you delete it from the first post? I can't set up the project without it.

Fill in the template again. You don't have to copy everything over into the forum again, but do post the project code - that line after "This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system."

The project code is what takes what you filled into the template and puts it in the database.
Oh, maybe I didn't notice. Will do it tomorrow. Thanks!
~Anastasiia
ShiNeko

Post by ShiNeko »

TriciaG wrote: October 13th, 2021, 11:51 am
I was about to set this up, but the project code is missing. Did you delete it from the first post? I can't set up the project without it.

All done, Tricia.
~Anastasiia
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

OK, this is set up!

Moving it to Going Solo. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
ShiNeko

Post by ShiNeko »

TriciaG wrote: October 14th, 2021, 5:56 am OK, this is set up!

Moving it to Going Solo. :)
Thanks!
~Anastasiia
ShiNeko

Post by ShiNeko »

Last edited by ShiNeko on October 17th, 2021, 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Anastasiia
ShiNeko

Post by ShiNeko »

~Anastasiia
ShiNeko

Post by ShiNeko »

At the end of this section it seems I didn't read correctly the last word of the note to this fairytale. I've read it "ножа" as the text wasn't legible. But after giving it some thought I think it was written "иожа" meaning "ежа", which is also more consistent with the blackmore through which the girl was pushed. So I am going to change this last part next week.
~Anastasiia
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Sec.1 -- fantastic reading, Nastya! :clap:
If you don't mind my unrequested general advice... You change the volume of your voice a lot. E.g. it's about 15 dB difference between 0:30 and 0:33. That could be problematic for those who listen in a noisy environment, while driving or riding a bus, etc. When I try to make a volume change, I lean toward the mic when speaking quietly and turn away when I raise my voice. The effect is achieved, and the listeners hear everything comfortably. Try it. 8-)

0:40 - Я дремлЮ - не дремлЮ (I hear "Я дрЕмлю - не дрЕмлю"). This stress is more common and also would rhyme with ловлю.
1:40 - по горАм, по долАм (I hear "по гОрам, по дОлам "). This stress is more common and also would rhyme with кустам / холмам.
1:55 - дубовых (I hear дубровых)

Thank you for the pleasure of listening!
ShiNeko

Post by ShiNeko »

chulsky wrote: October 18th, 2021, 2:58 pm Sec.1 -- fantastic reading, Nastya! :clap:
If you don't mind my unrequested general advice... You change the volume of your voice a lot. E.g. it's about 15 dB difference between 0:30 and 0:33. That could be problematic for those who listen in a noisy environment, while driving or riding a bus, etc. When I try to make a volume change, I lean toward the mic when speaking quietly and turn away when I raise my voice. The effect is achieved, and the listeners hear everything comfortably. Try it. 8-)

0:40 - Я дремлЮ - не дремлЮ (I hear "Я дрЕмлю - не дрЕмлю"). This stress is more common and also would rhyme with ловлю.
1:40 - по горАм, по долАм (I hear "по гОрам, по дОлам "). This stress is more common and also would rhyme with кустам / холмам.
1:55 - дубовых (I hear дубровых)

Thank you for the pleasure of listening!
Thanks for your precise notes! I'll try your advice on this section this weekend. The poetry's problem is that one can't just correct one part and needs to re-record it complitely. At least I won't need to re-record the whole stories of the next sections if there are some problems. :lol:
~Anastasiia
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

The poetry's problem is that one can't just correct one part and needs to re-record it completely
Dear Nastya,
1. All my suggestions are optional, you don't have to follow any of them!
2. A combination of Amplify, Change Pitch, and/or Change Tempo Audacity effects usually make smooth patching in my poetry projects :)
Working on sec.2 :)
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Sec.2, thank you, Nastya, for the pleasure!
0:45 - ковЫлью. Г.Д. обращается с ковылем в женском роде (3-е склонение), по старинке, но все равно на первый слог ударение никак не попадает. И в ритм так лучше попадает.
11:15 - возЫ
https://udarenieru.ru/index.php?forma=%D0%B2%D0%BE%D0%B7%D1%8B , и в ритм лучше попадает, и с "волы" внутренняя рифма.