(Complete) Memories and Adventures by Arthur Conan Doyle - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

Memories and Adventures by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (1859 - 1930)

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/arthur-conan-doyles-memories-and-adventures-by-sir-arthur-conan-doyle/

Arthur Conan Doyle first published his memories of his many various adventures around the world and his relationships with such famous figures of the age including Oscar Wilde, Empress Eugenie and Prime Minister Arthur Balfour to name a few, in The Strand Magazine between October 1923 and July 1924. This memoir was later formed into a book and published in September 1924.
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://archive.org/details/memoriesadventur0000doyl/page/n7/mode/2up

Target completion date: 2022-06-31

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
[*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Conan_Doyle (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)
[*]Link to title on Wikipedia (if available): http://n/a
[*]Number of sections (files) this project will have: 32
[*]Does the project have an introduction or preface: No
[*]Original publication date (if known): 1924
[*]If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? afinevoice
[*]Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
[/list]
========================================

Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Biography & Autobiography/Memoirs

Keywords that describe the book:

========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section (or Chapter) # Memories and Adventures by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Memories and Adventures by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section (or Chapter) # of Memories and Adventures by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Memories and Adventures by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: memories_and_adventures_##_doyle_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. memories_and_adventures_01_doyle_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: lynnet

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
Last edited by afinevoice on September 7th, 2021, 7:11 am, edited 5 times in total.
Thanks,
Adrian
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

I will set this up for you, but please note you will need to rewrite the summary. Taking a summary from Amazon is not PD 8-)
You will also want to shorten the file name.

Let me know if you need anything else.
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

Thanks Lynnet. I've done as you suggested.
Thanks,
Adrian
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

Updated "how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog?" from Adrian J Wilson to afinevoice
Thanks,
Adrian
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

Hi Lynnet,
I’ve posted in PL Wanted. Let me know if the post is okay as I’m not sure if I have the wording correct.
Thanks,
Adrian
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

I have changed your catalog name to be the same as your forum name.

As for the ad for a DPL, the wording is fine and I have added a sticky (that keeps it near the top and it won’t get lost in all the 1 minute tests). However, we don’t usually advertise until there are some sections to PL 8-)
queensofchaos85

Post by queensofchaos85 »

Hello:

I am volunteering to read a chapter or the entire book which ever is convenient. In addition I would also like to volunteer as a proof listener.

Thank you.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

queensofchaos85 wrote: September 6th, 2021, 8:53 pm Hello:

I am volunteering to read a chapter or the entire book which ever is convenient. In addition I would also like to volunteer as a proof listener.

Thank you.
Thank you for volunteering, but this is a solo project. One reader will read the entire book and he is the one who set up the project. Your best bet is to look in the readers wanted forums.
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

Updated the Title and the Filename.
Thanks,
Adrian
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

Thanks,
Adrian
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hi! I see you need a DPL? I have a slot opening up on my plate and would love to do this for you.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Adrian, please be sure to add the titles to the sections (I’ve done the first for you.). Also, it is essential to keep the status updated.
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

Thanks,
Adrian
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

(Just let me know if you'd like me to do DPL)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

If you want to do it, I'd be happy for you to do it. Thank you :) That okay with you Lynnet? (If it is, do I change the ad for a PL or is this something for you to do Lynnet? :D )
Last edited by afinevoice on September 7th, 2021, 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks,
Adrian