(Complete) Memories and Adventures by Arthur Conan Doyle - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

Lynnet wrote: September 7th, 2021, 8:30 am Adrian, please be sure to add the titles to the sections (I’ve done the first for you.). Also, it is essential to keep the status updated.
Done that :thumbs:
Thanks,
Adrian
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

afinevoice wrote: September 7th, 2021, 9:16 am If you want to do it - it's 32 chapters - I'd be happy for you to do it. Thank you :) That okay with you Lynnet? (If it is, do I change the ad for a PL or is this something for you to do Lynnet? :D )
Yep, I'm used to large chapter numbers. Happy to stick through it. :)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

I'll sort everything out :thumbs:
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Chapter 1 is PL OK :thumbs:

You have terrific reading style, by the way.

Will it bother you if I "jot" a page note on the next chapter's line as we move along, so it's easy for me to open the source to the correct point the next time I pull it up?
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

LCaulkins wrote: September 7th, 2021, 11:44 am Chapter 1 is PL OK :thumbs:

Will it bother you if I "jot" a page note on the next chapter's line as we move along, so it's easy for me to open the source to the correct point the next time I pull it up?
Thank you very much, I really appreciate that 😊 Regarding your comment as to jotting a page note… I don’t quite understand what you mean, so let’s try it and see how it goes 😊
Thanks,
Adrian
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

LCaulkins wrote: September 7th, 2021, 11:44 am Chapter 1 is PL OK :thumbs:

Do you think Chapter 2 is a bit loud? Mp3 Gain says it's 1.5DB above 89DB. Shall I resubmit it after amending the volume?
Thanks,
Adrian
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

Thanks,
Adrian
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hey, Adrian - I'll be PLing ch. 2 later today, but NO, I don't think it's too loud. I already ran it through Checker when I downloaded it with 1 yesterday, and both came out right around 91 dB. We can go up to 92 and be within LV's parameters.

In all honesty, as an audiobook listener, I **LOVE** it when readers' files are at the 90-91 range. Everything lower is hard to hear when I want to listen while doing things like washing dishes, pulling weeds, piecing quilts, etc. My ears do not like earbuds in them, so I rely on speakers. I'm not the only one like this, either, so all of us who don't do earbuds/headphones are grateful for readers who don't sit in the 86-88 dB range for their recordings. :)

I totally forgot, when I posted for Section 1, that I'd wanted to thank you for having a nice higher-range volume on your recordings. The only thing to watch for is that sometimes folks get distortion if they're getting that 91-92 range by being closer than their microphone likes to do. I didn't hear any of that going on in your section 1.
~Lynette * -
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

Thanks Lynette. Intriguing window into the life of a Proof Listener there :D
I've read Chapter 4 now https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/memories_and_adventures_04_doyle_128kb.mp3
Thanks,
Adrian
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

HI,
I thought I'd tell you that I'm on holiday from Friday 10th to Friday 17th September in Wales, UK. I won't be doing any reading that week but I will be back afterwards, well rested and ready to continue the fray :D
Thanks,
Adrian
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

No problem about your break :)

I meant the volume stuff as a "regular" listener of audiobooks, not from my prooflistening hat - I pay closer attention to the recording/source while doing that work than I do when "just" listening to a finished book. :wink:
~Lynette * -
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

LCaulkins wrote: September 8th, 2021, 11:51 am No problem about your break :)

I meant the volume stuff as a "regular" listener of audiobooks, not from my prooflistening hat - I pay closer attention to the recording/source while doing that work than I do when "just" listening to a finished book. :wink:
Gotcha! :thumbs:
Thanks,
Adrian
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Chapter 2 is PL OK :thumbs:

But, wait~! Football on stilts?!
~Lynette * -
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

Thanks,
Adrian
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Chapter 3 is PL OK :thumbs:

Edit: As is Chapter 4 :thumbs:

It's a wonder he didn't drown, with all the times he describes falling off the boat or the ice!
~Lynette * -