(Complete) Memories and Adventures by Arthur Conan Doyle - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

LCaulkins wrote: October 16th, 2021, 6:53 am Hi there :)

I'm not sure how "strict" we're supposed to be about those opening and ending silences - maybe Lynne can tell us?

The opening on this is 2 seconds long (supposed to be between .5 and 1 second) Lynne, do readers need to fix that, or just watch more closely on subsequent files?
You will find different MCs have different opinions. Technically, it isn't important. But listeners might wonder if their players are broken if it's too long (I've done that myself...). I'd let it slide, but be careful in future.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thanks, Lynne :)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

Thanks,
Adrian
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hello :)

Chapter 20 is PL OK :thumbs:

As I start proofing 21, I notice that you didn't read the captions at the beginning of the chapter. Those captions are optional at the soloist's discretion, so it's not critical that they be added in. I just wanted you to know, if consistency is important to you in this matter.

P.S. chapter 21 is otherwise perfect. The mental image of the strongman walking around with the statue made me chuckle, but those cases of injustice. . . Wow.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

Don’t know what happened there 😂 an aberration. Yes, you’re right, consistency is important to me. OCD 😳 I’ll fix it in the next couple of days & thanks for noting it 😊
Thanks,
Adrian
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

Hi,
I've put in the chapter summary now for Ch 21 :) It's here https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/memories_and_adventures_21_doyle_128kb.mp3
Thanks,
Adrian
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

perfectly smooth patch - 21 PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Chapter 22 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

Thanks,
Adrian
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

Thanks,
Adrian
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

afinevoice wrote: October 20th, 2021, 11:38 am Well here's Chapter 23...https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/memories_and_adventures_23_doyle_128kb.mp3
Wow! That was a long one! Serious name-dropping in it, too, much of which was interesting.

My one note is only if you want to be very picky. There is quite a long pause at 31:34 - 31:38. Some shortening of that would restore your normal excellent pacing.
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

afinevoice wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 9:26 am Hi, here's Chapter 24 https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/memories_and_adventures_24_doyle_128kb.mp3 Another long one :!:
Sooo funny, the on-blaze cricket tale. :lol:

This section has the exact same PL Note as 23 - an optional edit at two pause areas:

15:48-15:51 - half as long would match your perfect pacing

20:59-21:02 is long here, too.

Extremely nice work on these two marathon recordings
~Lynette * -
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

Here's Chapter 25, mercifully shorter than 23 or 24, but not by much :D Does this sound much different to my other recordings? It was recorded in a different location. https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/memories_and_adventures_25_doyle_128kb.mp3
Thanks,
Adrian
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

LCaulkins wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 1:35 pm
afinevoice wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 9:26 am Hi, here's Chapter 24 https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/memories_and_adventures_24_doyle_128kb.mp3 Another long one :!:

This section has the exact same PL Note as 23 - an optional edit at two pause areas:

yep I will fix these gaps tomorrow (Saturday).
Thanks,
Adrian
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

afinevoice wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 1:53 pm
LCaulkins wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 1:35 pm

Thank you for the compliment. It wouldn't be right to admit I've got used to my recorded voice now and rather enjoy listening to it myself, would it? :D Yep I will fix these gaps tomorrow (Saturday).
Thanks,
Adrian