(Complete) Memories and Adventures by Arthur Conan Doyle - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

I think cheap fiction has a different meaning in the US to the UK :) As I'm sure you know, I think the publishers meant authors who don't get paid much, rather than just bad fiction. I'm glad you're finding it fun though!

I've completed https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/memories_and_adventures_09_doyle_128kb.mp3 It was hard work. Not very exciting either. As dull as ditchwater actually, and a lot of difficult phrasing. Let's get back on a gunboat or some other adventure!! I don't think that's going to happen... I might be better reading in the morning. I'm not a great conversationalist so i can't say I use my voice a lot all through the day but by evening I find using my voice to read, pretty hard work. I start out okay then mistakes start creeping in, lots of re-records, then I start yawning! Not enough oxygen getting to my brain, I think it's a breathing thing maybe. I was glad to get to the end of the chapter! I won't give it up though. Don't worry about that. Just having a moan :D
Thanks,
Adrian
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

Thanks,
Adrian
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

I do better recording early in the day, too. It's a busy time for me, so usually I'll read a chapter in, and save it to go through and edit at a later sitting. I can always tell if I've read something when I didn't realize a migraine was going to start up later - my phrasing gets all choppy. Sometimes that's problematic when the writing was full of complicated phrasing to start with. :lol:

Chapter 9 doesn't sound like you had difficulties with it. Except for one spot, it presents very smoothly.

At 14:23, there is a blank pause where an "or" should be, which makes things sound confusing there for a listener, as if much more than that word were omitted. (It's this phrase: "if he could give me an introduction to Koch (or) to Dr. Bergmann")
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

OK I’ll fix that issue today.
Thanks,
Adrian
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Chapter 10 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

Thanks,
Adrian
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

LCaulkins wrote: September 26th, 2021, 6:54 pm I do better recording early in the day, too. It's a busy time for me, so usually I'll read a chapter in, and save it to go through and edit at a later sitting. I can always tell if I've read something when I didn't realize a migraine was going to start up later - my phrasing gets all choppy. Sometimes that's problematic when the writing was full of complicated phrasing to start with. :lol:

Chapter 9 doesn't sound like you had difficulties with it. Except for one spot, it presents very smoothly.

At 14:23, there is a blank pause where an "or" should be, which makes things sound confusing there for a listener, as if much more than that word were omitted. (It's this phrase: "if he could give me an introduction to Koch (or) to Dr. Bergmann")
I tried to fix the issue in Chapter 9 tonight. I haven't yet done it successfully, due to one thing and another :) It's my noise gate I think which caused a pesky dropout. Tomorrow!
Thanks,
Adrian
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

afinevoice wrote: September 27th, 2021, 11:58 am
LCaulkins wrote: September 26th, 2021, 6:54 pm I do better recording early in the day, too. It's a busy time for me, so usually I'll read a chapter in, and save it to go through and edit at a later sitting. I can always tell if I've read something when I didn't realize a migraine was going to start up later - my phrasing gets all choppy. Sometimes that's problematic when the writing was full of complicated phrasing to start with. :lol:

I tried to fix the issue in Chapter 9 tonight. I haven't yet done it successfully, due to one thing and another :) It's my noise gate I think which caused a pesky dropout. Tomorrow!
HI, please have another listen as I've re-recorded the problem sentence. See what you think :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/memories_and_adventures_09_doyle_128kb.mp3
Thanks,
Adrian
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

beautiful - I don't even notice any patching. :)
~Lynette * -
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

Hi,
Thanks, I'm pleased it's okay.
Chapter 12 is now uploaded for PL https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/memories_and_adventures_12_doyle_128kb.mp3
Thanks,
Adrian
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 11 is PL OK :thumbs:

I'll get to 12 tomorrow - I got a whole slurry of large PL files yesterday and today, queued up in the order they were submitted.
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Got them all saved for attention :)
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

12 and 13 are both PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:

(watch out that your opening and ending silences don't get cut too short - should be .5-1.0 seconds up front, and 5 seconds at the end)
~Lynette * -
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

Hi, if there's a problem with the ones after Chapter 12 let me know and I can edit that for you.
Thanks,
Adrian