COMPLETE: Essays in Idleness by Agnes Repplier -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Thank you!
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Okay, I reloaded section one (and again, thank you for the very clear instructions). The two sections are connected at 25:08, and it is ready to be checked.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Perfect join. Nobody would ever know! (spotted the ending, too)

New Section 1 is PL OK :thumbs:

I'll do Children's Poetry first thing in the morning. Even though it's so rare that there's an edit needed in your recordings, why don't you wait to fix the intro/outro and file name until I proof it all? Then you'll only need to go into it once if there is something to edit in the reading.

But don't upload the new War essay as _03_ before that, or this Children's file will get overlaid. :) (Although, I already have it downloaded and could easily put it up again, and you probably have it hanging around on your end, too.)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Nothing ever actually gets overwritten when you upload a file with the same name as a previous upload. Original filenames get appended with the upload date and time, and the latest upload keeps the original filename s the links never need changing in the MW (except in situations like this :wink: ). So we can always see the all the uploaded versions and rescue and rename them as needed directly on the server. :)
Jo
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Thank you both! I will wait to redo beginning and end for Children’s Poets. As for In Praise of War, It is going to take me a while to have it ready to load in any case. It has taken me forever to prepare for it, as I have had to look up the pronunciation of half of the names she references, so I haven’t even recorded it yet, let alone edited it.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thanks, Jo! I was talking about things from our side, where we can't access former uploads without hailing the MC. I do try to limit the amount of extra work that gets sent upward, both for courtesy sake and because, well, while most MCs are super kind, helpful, and patient (you are definitely among this group!), there are two or three who make it very clear that such things annoy them. I've even had one (and not even a newer MC) get a bit scornful and ask why we didn't prepare better ahead of time when we ended up with a couple of empty sections at the end. . . I always had the impression that was not really a big problem to start with, not something particularly troublesome for MCs to fix at cataloging - so while I don't throw empty sections around thoughtlessly, neither do I freak out if I end up with one or two. I just always hope one of those folks don't pick up my project in the Launchpad, and keep my head down if they do. :lol: 8-)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

And Children's Poets is a clean recording :) Just needs the section number fixes to be OK'd.

I found this essay quite fascinating. Unfortunately, I wasn't exposed to anything more than Dr. Seuss and Mother Goose as a child or youth. I never did acquire a taste for poetry, and to this day it is more of a forced study to read it than a pleasure.

But we have a grandson due one month from tomorrow!!! I would love to explore a lot of the poetry mentioned in this essay along with him as he grows. I've bookmarked the chapter so I can start acquiring works to go through. They live way off in Florida, so I guess we'll get in a lot of Zoom or Facetime meetings to do things like this! lolol

Oh! P.S. Your childhood poetry inclinations Cracked. Me. Up.! :lol:
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Congratulations on your grandson to be!
Section 2 should be all set.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

All perfect now for Section 2 :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Thank you.
Section 3 is in the MW. There is a lot I could say about this, but I will only note that i chose to do this book in spite of this essay.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

oh, dear - I am forewarned 8-) :lol:
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

yeah, I get it, not caring for this one.

Section 3 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Section 4 is up. Much better.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 4 is PL OK :thumbs:

and I agree :)
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Section five is up. 8-)