COMPLETE - Sugar Plums by Ella Farman Pratt - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

DOLZ wrote: August 25th, 2021, 8:03 am Take 1! Here we go.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/sugar_plums_01_pratt_128kb.mp3

So, first thing, I'm still trying to learn macros so for now doing it the manual way.

This time I was able to employ 'clip fix' and eliminated the 'clipping' but will look to you to grade my effort. Next, I reviewed your list of effects and was able to apply 'compression' but am already using ReplayGain. Are 'de-clip' and 'clip fix' the same effect? If not I'll need to do more homework.

I put the recording through Checker and got a 'pass'.

I hope to iron out all the editing with this recording so the rest will go faster and be of better quality.

Again, take your time and Thank you.
You are doing great! This one is PL OK. There are no clippings and the sound is good overall and your narration is sweet and enjoyable. :9:

Sorry, what is 'clip fix'? As Tricia said, you can adjust the input volume. I saw once before on Youtube that you should keep the volume between -12 to -6. You may get clipping if you go beyond -6. You can test it out by opening Audacity. Click on the record button then the pause button. That way, you can keep an eye on the input volume as you adjust it

I use the compressor because sometimes I do go below or beyond the -12 to -6 range as I record. Especially, when I'm doing characters.

I use the Replay Gain to get the right volume of 88 or 89dB.

I use the De-clicker to remove any mouth clicks that I have in the recordings.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
DOLZ

Post by DOLZ »

Yayyhh!!! 1 down, 23 to go :D

Clip Fix is an effect option I have in my version of Audacity. It is located in the last section (under Wahwah). But it sounds like volume control may eliminate the need for it so I'll redirect my focus on understanding volume control better :thumbs: .

Section two is under development :D
I bravely venture down those roads less traveled but not without applying sunblock first :wink:
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

DOLZ wrote: August 30th, 2021, 6:25 am Yayyhh!!! 1 down, 23 to go :D

Clip Fix is an effect option I have in my version of Audacity. It is located in the last section (under Wahwah). But it sounds like volume control may eliminate the need for it so I'll redirect my focus on understanding volume control better :thumbs: .

Section two is under development :D
I see it now. Thanks! I didn't know of the existence of the Clip Fix. :thumbs:

Let me know if you have any questions.

I'm looking forward to listening to it. :9:
DOLZ

Post by DOLZ »

I bravely venture down those roads less traveled but not without applying sunblock first :wink:
DOLZ

Post by DOLZ »

And, Section 3 is now ready for PL :D .

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/sugarplums_03_pratt_128kb.mp3

This one is a long one. I admit to struggling with the beat so if anything sounds confusing, let me know. I'm afraid my own editing caused me to desensitize much like overexposure to a single word can cause the listener to lose it's meaning.

Thanks and I look forward to your feedback :)
DOLZ

Post by DOLZ »

And, Section 04 is now ready for PL

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/sugarplums_04_pratt_128kb.mp3

I'm not sure I did the counting toddler justice :|

Thanks 😁
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

For the record, you don't have to put the fractions of a second for the file duration. I guess if it's easier for you to put 'em in, then ok, but they're definitely not needed (and make the file length a little harder to read). ;)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
DOLZ

Post by DOLZ »

TriciaG wrote: September 9th, 2021, 9:17 am For the record, you don't have to put the fractions of a second for the file duration. I guess if it's easier for you to put 'em in, then ok, but they're definitely not needed (and make the file length a little harder to read). ;)
Very good. I went ahead and removed them from sections 01 through 04 and will make sure not to include them.

Thank you for your help and advice :D
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

DOLZ wrote: August 30th, 2021, 8:31 am Section 2 ready for PL :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/sugarplums_02_pratt_128kb.mp3

Thank You :)
Sorry for being late with the PLing. I had a lot of things to do. I'll listen to them after Sep 15th. Thanks!!
DOLZ

Post by DOLZ »

SaraHale wrote: September 11th, 2021, 8:41 am
DOLZ wrote: August 30th, 2021, 8:31 am Section 2 ready for PL :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/sugarplums_02_pratt_128kb.mp3

Thank You :)
Sorry for being late with the PLing. I had a lot of things to do. I'll listen to them after Sep 15th. Thanks!!

oh, no worries and no hurry at all :D. There is no queue of listeners chomping at the bit to listen this one :wink:
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

DOLZ wrote: September 11th, 2021, 8:44 am oh, no worries and no hurry at all :D. There is no queue of listeners chomping at the bit to listen this one :wink:
Thanks! There will be. So, I have to do my best so the listeners can enjoy it. :9:
DOLZ

Post by DOLZ »

SaraHale wrote: September 11th, 2021, 8:48 am
DOLZ wrote: September 11th, 2021, 8:44 am oh, no worries and no hurry at all :D. There is no queue of listeners chomping at the bit to listen this one :wink:
Thanks! There will be. So, I have to do my best so the listeners can enjoy it. :9:
😁🤗
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Hey, Hey,

Chapter 2 is PL okay. :clap:

Thank you so much for being patient with me.

I've noticed something, do you fill out the Metadata Tags? I think it gets filled out automatically during the catalogue process. Tricia can correct me if I am wrong.

I'll PL the rest either today or tomorrow.
DOLZ

Post by DOLZ »

SaraHale wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 11:33 pm Hey, Hey,

Chapter 2 is PL okay. :clap:

Thank you so much for being patient with me.

I've noticed something, do you fill out the Metadata Tags? I think it gets filled out automatically during the catalogue process. Tricia can correct me if I am wrong.

I'll PL the rest either today or tomorrow.
Great instruction for the Metatags. I was never sure what to do with that step. Thanks again :D
DOLZ

Post by DOLZ »

Section 05 is ready. Listener discretion is advised. Some subjects may not be suitable for all audiences :shock:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/sugarplums_05_pratt_128k.mp3