COMPLETE: The Man with the Black Cord by Auguste Groner - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

The Man with the Black Cord, by Auguste Groner (1850 - 1929), translated by Grace Isabel Colbron (1869 - 1948)

This project is now complete.  All audio files can be found on our catalog page here:

https://librivox.org/the-man-with-the-black-cord-by-auguste-groner/

A baffling disappearance. A bedroom door locked from the inside. A housekeeper with something to hide. Will retired policeman turned private detective, Joseph Muller, be able to sort out the clues and solve this locked room mystery? Summary by J. M. Smallheer
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://hdl.handle.net/2027/hvd.hwsqtb

Target completion date: 2021-12-31

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin

Genres for the project: Crime & Mystery Fiction/Detective Fiction

Keywords that describe the book: Mystery, murder, Joseph Muller, austrian police, fictional detective

========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Chapter 1 of The Man with the Black Cord. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "The Man with the Black Cord, by Auguste Groner, translated by Grace Isabel Colbron. Chapter Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Chapter # of The Man with the Black Cord, by Auguste Groner, translated by Grace Isabel Colbron. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain. Chapter Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of chapter #.
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of The Man with the Black Cord, by Auguste Groner, translated by Grace Isabel Colbron."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: manwithblackcord_##_groner_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. manwithblackcord_01_groner_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: knotyouraveragejo

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
Jo
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

I’d be happy to DPL, Jo! This sounds fun :)
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

That's great, Jenn. Thanks!
Jo
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Off to a good start!

Chapter 1 is PL-OK!

Chapter 2 Note:
-3:52 missing "Did you just come too?" he asked (pg 18)
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Thanks Jenn. Not sure how I managed to miss that, but it's there now. Chapter 2 is ready for spot PL.
Jo
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Chapter 2 is now PL-OK!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Thanks!
Jo
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Hi Jenn. Chapter 3 is ready for PL. :)
Jo
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

I knew as soon as Muller asked if the new cook had arrived it would be Mrs. Tonner!

Chapter 3 is PL-OK!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Chapter 4 is in the MW. Muller does a bit of snooping...
Jo
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Chapter 5 is a long one. There was a natural stopping point so I've decided to divide it into two sections. Part 1 (in which Mrs. Tonner tells Muller what she knows) has been uploaded. :)
Jo
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Sections 4 and 5 are PL-OK!

Looking forward to more!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Section 6 is ready for PL. :)
Jo
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Section 7 (Chapter 6) in which Paul Erlach visits Nellie and Muller visits Stillinger is ready for PL.
Jo
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

BTW, did you mark section 6 PL OK, or did I do it accidentally ?
Jo