[COMPLETE] Murray's Adirondack Tales: Mystery in the Woods and The Man Who Missed It - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Murray's Adirondack Tales, by William Henry Harrison Murray (1840 - 1904)

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/murrays-adirondack-tales-by-william-henry-harrison-murray/

Two delightful tales surrounding the adventures of John Norton, the Trapper. He gives us a good glimpse into life in the deep woods, and how he deals with those who would disturb him or others with their, "diviltry." John Norton gives us all a great example of hospitality, bravery, forgiveness, and justice as only he can. (Summary by Keith Salis)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://archive.org/details/mysteryofwoodsma00murriala/page/n7/mode/2up

Target completion date: 2021-10-31

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================
This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.

[list]
[*]Project Code: 1few3P78
[*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Henry_Harrison_Murray (William Henry Harrison Murray)
[*]Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
[*]Number of sections (files) this project will have: 29
[*]Does the project have an introduction or preface: No
[*]Original publication date (if known):
[*]If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog?
[*]Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
[/list]

Genres for the project: Travel Fiction; Action & Adventure Fiction

Keywords that describe the book: adventure, Mystery, Adirondacks, trapper, woodsmen

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of Murray's Adirondack Tales. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Murray's Adirondack Tales, by William Henry Harrison Murray. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section (or Chapter) # of Murray's Adirondack Tales, by William Henry Harrison Murray. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Murray's Adirondack Tales, by William Henry Harrison Murray."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: murraysadirondacktales_##_murray_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. murraysadirondacktales_01_murray_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: icequeen

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
Last edited by Keratak on November 28th, 2021, 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Like a story that we wish was never ending, we know sometime we must reach the final page. Still we carry on just pretending that there'll always be one more book to go. - Fading Lights, Genesis
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Back in a moment with your MW!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

OK, your MW is ready! I'm assuming we are waiting for Jennifer to check in as DPL. I will wait until she does before I put her in.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
justjennifer

Post by justjennifer »

Count me in!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

justjennifer wrote: August 14th, 2021, 11:49 am Count me in!

You are counted! Thanks Jennifer!

Off we go to Going Solo!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Thanks you two!
Like a story that we wish was never ending, we know sometime we must reach the final page. Still we carry on just pretending that there'll always be one more book to go. - Fading Lights, Genesis
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Just a note to say that it will take me a bit to get started on this.
I'm moving on Sept 11th, so I won't be starting until some time after that.

Keith
justjennifer

Post by justjennifer »

Looking forward to it!
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Ch 1 is ready for PL.
justjennifer

Post by justjennifer »

And we're off and running!

Section 1 PL note:
00:04 - intro omits "This is a LibriVox recording."

Section 2 is PL OK.
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Ch 3 is ready for PL.
justjennifer

Post by justjennifer »

Ch 3 is PL OK. Spot check on 1 is PL OK.

This story is rather Chuck Norris -esque, isn't it?
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Since I'm acting it out, I'll take that as a compliment. 😁
justjennifer

Post by justjennifer »

Keratak wrote: September 30th, 2021, 4:38 pm Since I'm acting it out, I'll take that as a compliment. 😁
Absolutely! :wink:
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Ch 4 is ready for PL.