[COMPLETE] Is War Diminishing? - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
AnaNaumoska

Post by AnaNaumoska »

Hi Leon and Ann. I'll be away for a week, so I'll continue PLing as soon as I'm back home.

Thanks
Ana :mrgreen:

salus populi suprema lex
HannaPonomarenko

Post by HannaPonomarenko »

AnaNaumoska wrote: September 7th, 2021, 2:10 pm
>>~8:40: The Russian books "Istoria gosudarstva rossiiskavo" (this one has a typo tho, should be "gosPodarstva", must be a printing error) and "Istoria Rossii" should be pronounced with a U in "rossiskavo" and "rossii".
Hi Ana! I'm sorry, there is no typo. "gosPodarstva" means "household" (in Ukrainian at least and there is no such a word in Russian), while "gosudarstva" means "state". By a curious chance we have this book in work on LV viewtopic.php?f=12&t=84411&p=1826528&hilit=karamzin#p1826528

Thank you
niobium

Post by niobium »

from now on the chapters are very short. They all begin with a short essay about the state of the nation paraphrased over hundreds of years, then a long list of names and dates.

*plot spoiler* the answer is NO. War is not diminishing in any significant degree greater that 1 or 2 %
niobium

Post by niobium »

i have uploaded a some new sections.
AnaNaumoska

Post by AnaNaumoska »

Okay! I'm back and have just PL-ed chapter 3 - PL OK.
Soooo many years and dates :lol:

Cheers!

salus populi suprema lex
niobium

Post by niobium »

it was tempting to just skip all those lists and only read the essays. but this may be of value to someone
AnaNaumoska

Post by AnaNaumoska »

Number 4 is PL ok.

War is not diminishing in any way. Curiously, this is my first encounter with Denmark from this point of view, as it is usually not very popular for writers.
I'm kinda sad also, there is no chapter for the balkan countries and Yugoslavia in particular :roll:

I'll return for #5 tomorrow.
Cheers!
--

salus populi suprema lex
AnaNaumoska

Post by AnaNaumoska »

1 note for England:
>>9:05 - it should be Richard II (the second) - and I hear Richard III (the third). Please correct it.

Other than that, I seriously congratulate you on the patience and consistency with all these lists! The book is coming together very well!

salus populi suprema lex
niobium

Post by niobium »

I have wondered why he left so many omissions from a summarised history of European warfare, possibly he felt some of these nations were not mustering the resources of the nation to engage in a fight for survival larger than tactical movements instead of strategic multi phased efforts. In any case, I was hoping for the audio recordings of correct pronunciations. can you PM me here and share email contact?
AnaNaumoska

Post by AnaNaumoska »

niobium wrote: October 8th, 2021, 11:22 pm I have wondered why he left so many omissions from a summarised history of European warfare, possibly he felt some of these nations were not mustering the resources of the nation to engage in a fight for survival larger than tactical movements instead of strategic multi phased efforts. In any case, I was hoping for the audio recordings of correct pronunciations. can you PM me here and share email contact?
Of course. I am not in my ususal recording setting, so there might be a bit of background noise.

French https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/French.mp3
Russian https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/russ.mp3
Spanish https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/span.mp3

Here are the time stamps again

:
AnaNaumoska wrote: September 7th, 2021, 2:10 pm
I PLed section 00

Even though I found no issues, I will post 5 optional notes, in case you want to perfect it. As I said, the recording is good as it is already.

>>4:44: a slight stumble at "Handbuchfiir Heer und Flotte, by G. von Alten.."
>>6:40: The pronunciation of "Histoire de V Autriche-Hon- grie, depuis les origines jusqua Vannee 1889" should sound a bit different in French. If you wish to amend it, I can send it in pronounced as an audio file.
>>~8:40: The Russian books "Istoria gosudarstva rossiiskavo" (this one has a typo tho, should be "gosPodarstva", must be a printing error) and "Istoria Rossii" should be pronounced with a U in "rossiskavo" and "rossii".
>>9:10: "Historia de Espana y de la civilizacion eS panola" here, the H of Historia should be silent, and the ñ is pronounced as is "new".
>>When we have French vocabulary, a few things to be mentioned is that in "de" and "de la" we only pronounce the letter D, and in Histoire the H is silent.

--
Should you need any more help, let me know! 8-)

salus populi suprema lex
AnaNaumoska

Post by AnaNaumoska »

France is PL OK. I'm sorry it took me ages :roll:

salus populi suprema lex
niobium

Post by niobium »

another batch has been uploaded and england has been updated with that error
AnaNaumoska

Post by AnaNaumoska »

niobium wrote: November 14th, 2021, 2:26 am another batch has been uploaded and england has been updated with that error
I had enough time for England only :) Thank you for ammending it, PL ok now! :clap:

salus populi suprema lex
niobium

Post by niobium »

this book is just about done. only waiting for a proof listening
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Perfect! :thumbs:
Ann

Audio, video, disco!