[COMPLETE] Memoirs of Napoleon Bonaparte, Volume 3 by Louis Antoine Fauvelet de Bourrienne - kaz

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
soji

Post by soji »

Hi - I've now listened to Chapter 15. It's read beautifully and there's nothing no note for fixing so it's PL OK from me. I'd be happy to be put on as DPL for the project if you like. I could get on the other sections ready for PL within the next week or so.
Thanks,
Sonya
benrocampo29

Post by benrocampo29 »

Good morning! I would like to PL sections 2-3! I can get them done this weekend
soji

Post by soji »

Hi - I had offered in the previous post to DPL the project but I don't think the BC is very active (at least at the moment) so hasn't assigned anything yet. I'm happy to let you take those sections or indeed the whole project, but best wait for confirmation from the BC as it's now a bit confusing (at least to me) with a couple of offers that have not been acknowledged yet.
Thanks,
Sonya
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

Agree. I'm not sure where this book is up to re. PL as it's still in 'Listeners Wanted', yet there seem to be a number of replies and yet again, nothing updated in the MW. Confusing.
Normally BCs are more diligent. And timely. Perhaps a PM?
regards
Jane Bennett
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

The BC hasn't logged in for a while. Just sent a PM. Sometimes thread subscriptions get lost. In the meantime, I've updated section 1 in the MW and took down the announcement in Listeners Wanted.

Michael
GillH

Post by GillH »

Thanks a lot, Michael.
It's just been hectic for a while and I'm still pretty busy but I'll pick it up again.
GillH

Post by GillH »

I'd be very happy to have Sonya as DPL! Brilliant.
GillH

Post by GillH »

Chapter XVIII (29:58)
https://librivox.org/uploads/kazbek/memoirsofnapoleon3_04_bourrienne_128kb.mp3

For PL - If you're following with the text, note that a paragraph is repeated towards the end, which I have, of course, only read once.
soji

Post by soji »

OK sounds good - benrocampo29 offered to do sections 2 and 3, should I leave those and just do the rest?

I didn't follow the text in section 1 since the PL level is listed as standard, I hope that's as intended?

Thanks,

Sonya
GillH

Post by GillH »

Re section 1 - Yes, that's fine. That's the Standard PL way.
For 2 and 3 -
I suppose it makes sense to have one person do all if possible, but I'm grateful to all volunteers. :thumbs:

I'm not in a rush, and it's not a huge project. I think the offer was for last weekend, though, so maybe it's not "on the table" any more.

So unless benrocampo29 posts to confirm an offer to do Sections 2 & 3, shall we say that Sonya is DPL for all sections?
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Regardless of how PL duties will be divided, Sonya now has access to the MW as DPL or almost-DPL. :)

Michael
soji

Post by soji »

Section 4 now PL OK :thumbs:

I'll wait for a day or two so benrocampo29 can chime in but if I don't hear anything else I'll do 2 and 3 next.

Thanks,
Sonya
GillH

Post by GillH »

Thank you!
GillH

Post by GillH »

soji

Post by soji »

Section 2 PL OK :thumbs: