[COMPLETE] Memoirs of Napoleon Bonaparte, Volume 3 by Louis Antoine Fauvelet de Bourrienne - kaz

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
GillH

Post by GillH »

Memoirs of Napoleon Bonaparte, v3, by Louis Antoine Fauvelet de Bourrienne, by Louis Antoine Fauvelet de Bourienne (1769 - 1834)

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/memoirs-of-napoleon-vol-3-by-louis-antoine-fauvelet-de-bourrienne/
Memoirs written by Napoleon's private secretary, "a work based on years of intimate friendship and professional association." (Summary by Gillian Hendrie and Wikipedia)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/3553/

Target completion date: 2021-12-30

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Chapter # of Memoirs of Napoleon Bonaparte — Volume 3. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Memoirs of Napoleon Bonaparte — Volume 3, by Louis Antoine Fauvelet de Bourrienne. Chapter Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Chapter # of Memoirs of Napoleon Bonaparte — Volume 3, by Louis Antoine Fauvelet de Bourrienne. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Chapter Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Memoirs of Napoleon Bonaparte, Volume 3, by Louis Antoine Fauvelet de Bourienne."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: memoirsofnapoleon3_##_bourrienne_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. memoirsofnapoleon3_01_bourrienne_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: Kazbek

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

I'll be glad to set this up for you. Be right back with the MW.

Update: The MW is up. I'm using the same format as for the previous volume.

Michael
GillH

Post by GillH »

Thanks, Michael. I'll get started soon.
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Moving to Going Solo.

Michael
GillH

Post by GillH »

Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Gillian, when another section is ready for PL, you can go ahead and post a message to Listeners Wanted, as last time. :)

Michael
GillH

Post by GillH »

Will do. Thanks.
GillH

Post by GillH »

Proof-Listener(s)

-

Please note that I have sometimes read the footnotes (especially the longer ones) at the end of the paragraph or a suitable sentence, rather than exactly where the footnote marker occurs, where I felt the listener would be likely to have difficult to follow the 'hanging phrase' returned to.
GillH

Post by GillH »

soji

Post by soji »

Hi there - new volunteer here so I'm not positive I'm doing everything in the right order. I'd be happy to PL Chapter XV later today assuming it's still needed/available. Please let me know.
Sonya
soji

Post by soji »

Hi - in case I wasn't clear in the first post, I'll wait for a response before PLing anything, just to be sure it's OK. I'm assuming the BC is on vacation or otherwise occupied so I'll look for another project to PL but I'd be happy to come back to this one anytime, just let me know if I can be assigned PL for Chapter XV (or the next available chapter) and I'd be happy to do it.
Thanks,
Sonya
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

soji wrote: August 28th, 2021, 11:58 pm Hi - in case I wasn't clear in the first post, I'll wait for a response before PLing anything, just to be sure it's OK. I'm assuming the BC is on vacation or otherwise occupied so I'll look for another project to PL but I'd be happy to come back to this one anytime, just let me know if I can be assigned PL for Chapter XV (or the next available chapter) and I'd be happy to do it.
Thanks,
Sonya
Hi Sonya,

Yes, it looks like the reader hasn't yet seen your message. It's a good idea to wait for her response before PLing. :)

Thanks,
Michael
GillH

Post by GillH »

Hi. Yes, I was away for a week with extremely limited internet access.
Thank you for volunteering. Please go ahead. Be as thorough as you can - I like it to be as 'right' as possible.
Thanks again.
:thumbs:
soji

Post by soji »

Hi there - apologies, it seems I missed the notification for that last post. I'll get on it this weekend!
Sonya