[COMPLETE] Ausiàs March some poems - kaz

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

all right, I started the listening with the first poem. First of all, Maria, you have a very nice voice to record poetry, and you manage to give it an air of mysticism, especially when you use such devices as reverb (I think that is what you used). I would advise you though, not to overuse this function. It may sound good to highlight a certain paragraph, for example, if a dead person is calling from beyond, but to use it in every stanza, especially since you are using a different effect each time, it doesn't sound as "special" anymore as it did the first time you used it. At least I would use the same effect throughout the poem, it would sound less "jumbled". You can leave it this time, I only wanted to mention it for future recordings maybe. Usually we are not enhancing our recordings that much, only our voice is normally enough to convey every nuance. And your voice is especially nice, it doesn't need artificial enhancements. :)

I found no errors in the poem as such, but there are a few standardized things you need to tweak, mainly in the intro and outro, which is different from what you read in the first post, where you can always find what exactly you need to read for a specific project. Please let us know if we made any errors in the Catalan wording and we can change it.

Please change the following:

> from 0:01 to 0:21: since these are all very short poems, you can use the shortened disclaimer in this case, please replace your intro by:
"Així com cell qui en lo somni es delita d'Ausiàs March.
llegit per Maria Josep Altadill dins de la Campanya Donants de veu.
"

> from 0:42 to 0:44: between "a mi es lo millor" and "del temps passat" - over 2 seconds of silence feels very long for a listener, even in a poem. It tends to "throw us out" of the flow of the text. I always suggest not exceeding 1.5 seconds, even between paragraphs. Maybe you could cut the silence a little bit here ?

> from 1:30 to 1:32: between "sab contradir" and "fora millor": also here, I would cut the silence to at least under 1.5 seconds

> from 2:18 to 2:20: between "mal apella" and "plena de seny" - also here, silence a bit shorter

> from 2:33 to 2:38: since we use the short intro, we need to put a longer outro in here, to mention the Librivox disclaimer, please replace your text by the following:
"Fi del poema. Aquesta gravació de LibriVox és de domini públic."

> at the end: we need a standard of 5 seconds of silence, so that the recording doesn't end too abruptly. Please insert 5 seconds

> Please reupload with our standardized filename, in this case: march_aixicomcell_128kb

The poems are very good, I was wondering whether you wouldn't want to make this a whole book project and read all the 74 poems ? I would have time to listen to them all :) Then it would be a full solo, because usually, picking only some poems (15 minutes recording in total) for a very short project would qualify more for our group project and we leave the solos for entire books. I think that was what we understood in the beginning as well or we would have mentioned the group possibility immediately.

It would be cool to have the full book in our catalogue, to be honest, especially for your campaign ! So I hope you agree. :9:

Will try to listen to the next one now.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

the second poem also is very well narrated, and no textual errors. I can only repeat the same comments I made for the previous poem, concerning the many reverb effects, but that's not what is the problem.

However, again, we need the correct disclaimers:

> from 0:01 to 0:18: also here please replace intro with:
"Quins tan segurs consells vas encercant d'Ausiàs March.
"

> from 1:49 to 1:51: between "maldiran" and "null homm conech" - silence too long

> from 2:27 to 2:32: please replace with

> at the end: again please insert standard of 5 seconds of silence

> please reupload with filename: march_quinstansegurs_128kb

thanks

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

third poem, very agreeable to listen to, especially because it did not use the artificial enhancements too much. Your normal voice is really mystical enough to please the listener :)

Poem perfect again, only a few long pauses to shorten, and again the disclaimers to change:

"Colguen les gents amb alegria festes d'Ausiàs March.
"

> from 0:42 to 0:45: between "continuu plant" and "cascu requer" - silence too long
> from 1:07 to 1:09: between "guarir metge" and "cell texion" - silence too long
> from 1:32 to 1:34: between "se defensa" and "e si la mort" - silence too long
> from 2:21 to 2:24: between "dolrrieu de se" and "lir entre carts" - silence too long

> from 2:27 to 2:32: please replace with

> please reupload with filename: march_colguenlesgents_128kb

thank you

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

fourth poem on the list, again very nicely narrated. I see how you got your reader name ;) the author uses this sentence in almost all his poems it seems.

Some new PL notes, and this time I found a textual error, but I want to consult with you if it changes the meaning:

" Lexant a part l'estil dels trobadors d'Ausiàs March.
"

> from 0:40 to 0:42: between "sera trista" and "l'ull de l'hom" - silence too long
> from 1:04 to 1:06: between "be parlar" and "tots some" - silence too long

> at 1:19: (p. 259) "c'altre no pensa" - I think you say "c'altre no vasta", if I am not mistaken. I am not sure if that changes the meaning too much, so I want to point it out. Especially in poetry, the exact words are often important as this is something the author wanted to say with a nuance maybe

> from 1:53 to 1:55: between "son enteniment" and "venecians" - silence too long
> from 2:16 to 2:18: between "mort esta" and "lir entre carts" - silence too long

> from 2:29 to 2:34: please replace with

> please reupload with filename: march_lexantapart_128kb

thank you

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Will continue tomorrow, I have had a bit of an overdose on Catalan today :mrgreen: It has been a long afternoon and I need to eat something.

And maybe I get some Spot PLs then already.

BTW let's move this out of the Launch Pad as well, to Going Solo.

Sonia
fgali

Post by fgali »

Hola, ¿necesitais un Proof listener? Yo me ofresco voluntario
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

fgali wrote: July 29th, 2021, 10:51 am Hola, ¿necesitais un Proof listener? Yo me ofresco voluntario
Hola Francesc,

Este proyecto ya tiene una PL, pero gracias por la oferta! Cuando un proyecto busca un PL, tendrá el signo tilda (~) al comienzo de la línea de asunto. Espero que tengamos muchos más proyectos catalanes y puedas hacer la escucha de prueba en algunos de ellos. :)

Michael
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

carlesroset wrote: July 29th, 2021, 3:45 am Para el catálogo estría bién Maria Josep Altadill para Llir entre cards y Carles Roset para mi.
Hola Carles,

Aquí están vuestras páginas personales en el catálogo:

https://librivox.org/reader/16497
https://librivox.org/reader/16498

Aparecerás en el catálogo como BC del proyecto cuando se complete, aunque esto no se refleja en la página del lector.

Michael
fgali

Post by fgali »

Gracias por informar :thumbs:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

back in the saddle with the next poem. Only the usual PL notes and maybe one small textual edit:

> from 0:01 to 0:20: also here please replace intro with:
" No em fall record de temps tan delitós d'Ausiàs March.
"

> at 1:22: (p. 265) "Vos, de gran goig" - you say "e vos de goig" - not sure if it's changing meaning much, I let you decide

> from 2:34 to 2:42: please replace with

> please reupload with filename: march_nomfallrecort_128kb

thank you, I try to finish PLing today

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

next up, a few more notes:

> from 0:01 to 0:18:: also here please replace intro with:
" Lo jorn ha por de perdre sa claror d'Ausiàs March.
"

from 0:46 onwards: there is a disturbing background beeping, I would take a noise sample there and make a round of noise-cleaning

> at 1:04: (p. 265) "Por de morir, ne de fer vida streta" - you say "o de fer" - not sure, but isn't this the exact opposite to what the author wanted to say ? I feel like "ne" means "no" and "o" means "or", but maybe I'm mistaken, as I don't speak Catalan. :?

> from 1:22 to 1:29: please replace with

> please reupload with filename: march_lojornhapor_128kb

and on to the last one !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and the last one, another good reading.

Final notes:

> from 0:01 to 0:22:: also here please replace intro with:
" Veles e vents han mos desigs complir d'Ausiàs March.
"

the whole file could benefit from a round of noise-cleaning, you can for example take a sample at about 0:22

> from 0:44 to 0:47: between "mon retorn" and "bullira" - silence too long
> from 1:08 to 1:10: between "en terra exiran" and "los pelegrins" - silence too long
> from 1:32 to 1:35: between "me sereu de present" and "yo tem la mort" - silence too long
> from 2:45 to 2:47: between "humil respost" and "yo desig ço" - silence too long
> from 3:10 to 3:13: between "ab los fets provaré" and "amor, de vos" - silence too long

> from 3:25 to 3:31: please replace with

> please reupload with filename: march_velesevents_128kb

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

So, the ball is in your camp now, I did my DPL job and over the last two days I spent quite some time listening and writing up my notes.

Now the editing part is the reader's job. Mostly it's just a re-recording of the intro and outro, and a few cuttings in the poems. This shouldn't take you much time.

Please be assured, you don't need to re-record the entire poems !!! In fact we always prefer editing to re-recording as it is saving time both for the reader and the DPLer.

If there are any more questions, don't hesitate to ask.

As soon as you reupload, please make a note in the thread, then I will Spot PL. And then if all is well, this project can get archived. Unless you do take up my offer and we are doing this entire book as a project. I think it would be a great addition for your project, this author is really good.

Sonia
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Thank you, Sonia!

Carles, si tenéis alguna pregunta, no dudes en preguntarnos!

Michael
carlesroset

Post by carlesroset »

Hello Sonia and Michael,
Very very much thanks for you two for your effort to bringing us the opportunity to send to the "Donants de veu" campaign the links to our job from your website Librivox. This was the thing we wanted first. After, due to our inexperience in volunteer reading tasks, we reach of the term of the campaign, and we search another way to post our readings for "Donants de veu" campaign in time. Now maybe we will got an extra time to finally send the links to our project in Librivox to "Donants de veu" campaign when possible.
Thank you Michael for your help with the copyright, and very very thank you Sonia for your effort doing the listening tasks so fast :) . Your suggestions are very wise an your explanations very clear :) . Of course we will do the new recordings and the edits as needed and we will be very proud to complete our first Librivox project!
Maybe it will take a while to us to do these quite simple tasks as we go out tomorrow for a short hollydays. As shortly as we can we will complete our project as we know it is nearby ok.
Sure it has been a great experience to work and learn with your comunity and we expect continue soon with you doing something new.
You will get soon our news!
Carles and Maria Josep