COMPLETE The Evacuation of England: The Twist in the Jet Stream by L.P.Gratacap - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
JUDIMASON

Post by JUDIMASON »

The Evacuation of England: The Twist in the Gulf Stream, by Louis Pope Gratacap (1851 - 1917)

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-evacuation-of-england-the-twist-in-the-gulf-stream-by-louis-pope-gratacap/

Not available (Summary by )
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/65588

Target completion date: 2022-01-31

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================
This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.

[list]
[*]Project Code: GVtzuaiT
[*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): None (Louis Pope Gratacap)
[*]Link to title on Wikipedia (if available): None
[*]Number of sections (files) this project will have: 10
[*]Does the project have an introduction or preface: No
[*]Original publication date (if known): 1908
[*]If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog?
[*]Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
[/list]

Genres for the project: Science Fiction

Keywords that describe the book: unfamiliar

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of The Evacuation of England: The Twist in the Gulf Stream. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "The Evacuation of England: The Twist in the Gulf Stream, by Louis Pope Gratacap. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section (or Chapter) # of The Evacuation of England: The Twist in the Gulf Stream, by Louis Pope Gratacap. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of The Evacuation of England: The Twist in the Gulf Stream, by Louis Pope Gratacap."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: evacuationofengland_##_gratacap_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. evacuationofengland_01_gratacap_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: icequeen

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
Judi Mason
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Copied from your other thread for this project:
adr6090 wrote: July 16th, 2021, 4:06 pm Hello,
While I do realize that this project is in the beginning stages I would love to be your dpl when it comes down to that, please let me know. :wink:
Jo
JUDIMASON

Post by JUDIMASON »

Yes that will be fine, thank you.
Judi
Judi Mason
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

JUDIMASON wrote: July 17th, 2021, 12:02 am Yes that will be fine, thank you.
Judi
You are welcome.
April
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

I can MC this one for you! Back in a moment with your MW!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

OK, your MW is ready, and April is in as DPL (thank you, April!). I have shortened your file name, just to make your life easier. If you want it shorter, feel free to do so.

I will move us as soon as I know that everyone is on board!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
JUDIMASON

Post by JUDIMASON »

Sounds great!
Judi Mason
JUDIMASON

Post by JUDIMASON »

The chapters are very long (over an hour each) and need to be divided into sections.
How are the sections noted in the file name?
Judi Mason
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

JUDIMASON wrote: July 17th, 2021, 9:24 pm The chapters are very long (over an hour each) and need to be divided into sections.
How are the sections noted in the file name?
Use the number of the section. If you have 2 parts for chapter 1, for example, section 1 will have part 1, section 2 will have part 2. Then, if chapter 2 has 2 parts, part 1 of chapter 2 will be section 3, and so forth. Let me know if that doesn't make sense.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
JUDIMASON

Post by JUDIMASON »

OK, I think I understand.
So the filename really has not much to do with the actual chapter number as listed in the text.
I'll give it a go.
What is the longest acceptable section? 30 minutes?
Judi Mason
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

JUDIMASON wrote: July 18th, 2021, 6:42 pm OK, I think I understand.
So the filename really has not much to do with the actual chapter number as listed in the text.
I'll give it a go.
What is the longest acceptable section? 30 minutes?
Yes, that is correct, the section number is there to make sure that the sections are in the correct order.

The longest a section can be is about 70 minutes. That is so that if someone wants to burn the project to CDs, a long section will fit on one CD, which can take about 75 minutes.

Moving on to Going Solo!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Judi and Ann,
I am sharing with the both of you here. I will not be in town next week from July 26th-30th.
I will be back though and ready to pl as I said I will. :D
April
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Thank you for letting us know, April! Have fun!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

icequeen wrote: July 20th, 2021, 7:31 pm Thank you for letting us know, April! Have fun!
You are welcome & having fun 'tis the plan.
JUDIMASON

Post by JUDIMASON »

Hi April: Just uploaded Part 1 of Chapt 1.
I hope I uploaded the correct (edited) version.
I am disappointed in the writing. Please let me know if you think it is tedious.
J
Judi Mason