Warrior of Two Worlds - philc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Yes, I have made corrections in parts 1 and 2. Thanks again for your nifty proof listening. Part 3 will be up later tonight. Image
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

philchenevert wrote: July 17th, 2021, 8:39 am Yes, I have made corrections in parts 1 and 2. Thanks again for your nifty proof listening. Part 3 will be up later tonight. Image
Corrections perfect. Parts 1 and 2 are PLOK :thumbs:

It will be Tuesday before I can get to Part 3. I can hardly wait, but, as you know, sometimes Life happens. :D

Wayne

That emoticon looks a little fishy. :roll:
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Oh yes, I know how life can barge in and demand attention. Mine has been disrupted quite a bit lately with family difficulties and mine. Maybe soon it will calm down. Stay cool. :D
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Phil,

Here is part III. I am so sorry it is taking so long. I will have time next week to do more.

Here are a couple of small things:

:21 if he had succeeded in his capture of prisoners and one of the devices that make those power-shields—" You said made

8:27 The first thought that came was that You said My

A 'love triangle' in the future?

Wayne
Wayne
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Kalamareader wrote: July 29th, 2021, 9:06 pm Phil,

Here is part III. I am so sorry it is taking so long. I will have time next week to do more.

:21 if he had succeeded in his capture of prisoners and one of the devices that make those power-shields—" You said made
Wayne
Love is always complicated Wayne and even more so on this weird world but somehow, despite all odds, it will win out. Trust me. Part 3 fixed and uploaded. Don't be concerned about the time frame. The world will just have to wait for this masterpiece until it is finished, eh? 8-)
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

philchenevert wrote: July 31st, 2021, 9:04 am
Kalamareader wrote: July 29th, 2021, 9:06 pm Phil,

Wayne
Love is always complicated Wayne and even more so on this weird world but somehow, despite all odds, it will win out. Trust me. Part 3 fixed and uploaded. Don't be concerned about the time frame. The world will just have to wait for this masterpiece until it is finished, eh? 8-)
Thank you for the patience. Part III is now PLOK :thumbs:
Wayne
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

WOW!! Talk about in unforeseen plot twist!!!!

The story gets curiouser and curiouser. :shock:

A few things to look at:

8:12 He leveled a pistol-device, which threw rays. I heard elevated

12:44.5 we have purposely allowed their advance tunnels to come along easily. You said purposefully

14:09 We can claim cunning for such a plan You said our plan Your call

14:41.5 A fair combat, like the one last night with Rohbar, is like a game—grim, but like a game. You left out like both times

14:54 "The strategems need not affect Yandro," You said These

15:57.75 I see its need and its practicability. You said practicality. Your call

20:25 Some, at least, must have seen me last night at the recreation hour. You said reception

Wayne
Wayne
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

This is just TOO much fun.

Only one small correction:

17:18 We reached the earthy far wall, You said earthly

Wayne
Wayne
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Phil,

As you can see, I just couldn't quit. Thanks for letting me do this. I was a lot of fun, even though it took me quite a while.

I thought you were going to get through this one perfectly. Then I heard something in the LAST PHRASE that didn't sound right:

18:47.5 I thought no more of strife and wounds and worries. I heard their

I am looking forward to getting this whole thing cleaned up and letting others listen to this. Well done, and a fun story (if killing and explosions and sticking people with swords can be "fun" :lol:)

And, I think this goes without saying, when you find another you want to read, if you will have me, I would love to DPL for you. :thumbs:

Wayne
Wayne
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Kalamareader wrote: August 4th, 2021, 3:58 pm WOW!! Talk about in unforeseen plot twist!!!!

The story gets curiouser and curiouser. :shock:

A few things to look at:

8:12 He leveled a pistol-device, which threw rays. I heard elevated

12:44.5 we have purposely allowed their advance tunnels to come along easily. You said purposefully

14:09 We can claim cunning for such a plan You said our plan Your call

14:41.5 A fair combat, like the one last night with Rohbar, is like a game—grim, but like a game. You left out like both times

14:54 "The strategems need not affect Yandro," You said These

15:57.75 I see its need and its practicability. You said practicality. Your call

20:25 Some, at least, must have seen me last night at the recreation hour. You said reception

Good catches. I fixed them all except the one at 14:54 which I will just leave in since it didn't change anything really. Pretty sure I changed the rest to match the text. Sometimes I just get too excited when reading these and throw in my own words withoug realizing it! Uploaded.

Wayne
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Parts four and five have been fixed. In part six
This sounded fine to me like 'and' and so left it as it is.

I wonder about the back story of the hero here; where did he come from? Why is he so superhumanly strong and gifted? Hmm. Gotta be a great story about that beginning.

Anyway, since you asked I am actually editing a Sherlock Holmes story right now that could use a proof listener. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=88304&p=1925764#p1925764. I just felt like a sherlock story so I recorded it. If that is not your cup of tea, how about another pot boiler called Vampires of Space? Haven't set it up yet but it is next for me. A really early 1932 story so the science will be weird. I just love these lurid titles.
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

philchenevert wrote: August 5th, 2021, 5:57 pm Parts four and five have been fixed. In part six
This sounded fine to me like 'and' and so left it as it is.

I wonder about the back story of the hero here; where did he come from? Why is he so superhumanly strong and gifted? Hmm. Gotta be a great story about that beginning.

Anyway, since you asked I am actually editing a Sherlock Holmes story right now that could use a proof listener. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=88304&p=1925764#p1925764. I just felt like a sherlock story so I recorded it. If that is not your cup of tea, how about another pot boiler called Vampires of Space? Haven't set it up yet but it is next for me. A really early 1932 story so the science will be weird. I just love these lurid titles.
I LOVE Sherlock Holmes. I have his complete works which I have read multiple times. I went to the link you gave, and it says that as of July 19th, "OK, I have a DPL." If you have lost them, I would love to do it. :9:

Wayne

Of course Vampires of Space would be a good follow-up to SH. :shock:

edit: I just noticed the title of the SH story, many years ago (probably 40) I read a book called The Copper Beech by Meave Binchy, which I have never forgotten. Also another of hers I enjoyed was Scarlet Feather. I just looked her up and found that: "she finished third in a 2000 poll for World Book Day, ahead of Jane Austen, Charles Dickens, and Stephen King."
Wayne
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Phil,

Warrior of Two Worlds is now PLOK :thumbs:

I really enjoyed this. :D

Great job.

Wayne
Wayne
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Yes, my proof listener had family problems and dropped out. I would love for you to check out this little story.
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

philchenevert wrote: August 5th, 2021, 8:45 pm Yes, my proof listener had family problems and dropped out. I would love for you to check out this little story.
Sounds good. I will be watching for it :D .

Wayne
Wayne