[COMPLETE] The Age of the Puritans Volume 1 - kaz

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

InTheDesert wrote: July 17th, 2021, 1:57 am Section 8 is up.
Another writing with many good suggestions as to how to live our lives.

A few things to look at:

2:00 the eternal inheri∣tance was opened unto you to draw your affections thither, You said and

4:04 neither shall the night over∣take you who keep the word of life, You added the word ever between night and overtake

5:54 besides the burden of that Spirit it self. You said the

12:42 and break your unity with his people; You said destroy

18:36.5 And whensoever you are called to suffer for the Lords Testimony, You said when

Keep up the good work,

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Kalamareader wrote: July 20th, 2021, 3:37 pm Section 5 is totally PLOK :thumbs:

The first "Saying", "ONE would scarce imagin such an inward nest of wickedness as is in a natural man; but God hath af∣firmed it: and if the sinner should deny it, his own heart would give him the lye.", reminded me of something else I have read: "For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father."

Wayne
I was wondering that actually: What is the Mormon view of 'church history' (that is, the Puritan period, Reformation etc.)? Embrace it as leading up to 'the other testament' or view it as off track?

Section 12 spot checks
3:13.5 she may claim the duties of marriage from him. You said upon.
American Trials Vol. 3 95% 5 left!
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 93% 2 left!
Devotional Commentary: Apocalypse 85%
Emotions
PL pls: DPL DPL 43 27-28
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Kalamareader wrote: July 21st, 2021, 8:45 pm

A few things to look at:

2:00 the eternal inheri∣tance was opened unto you to draw your affections thither, You said and

4:04 neither shall the night over∣take you who keep the word of life, You added the word ever between night and overtake

18:36.5 And whensoever you are called to suffer for the Lords Testimony, You said when

Keep up the good work,

Wayne
Section 8 spot checks

4:06 neither shall the night over∣take you who keep the word of life, You added the word ever between night and overtake

5:56 besides the burden of that Spirit it self. You said the

Couldn't find this one! It's not at 12:42 or near it. Either way, I don't think it changes the meaning too radically to require searching hard for it. and break your unity with his people; You said destroy

18:37 And whensoever you are called to suffer for the Lords Testimony, You said when
Emotions
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

InTheDesert wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 6:49 am

A few things to look at:

Keep up the good work,

Wayne
Section 8 spot checks

4:06 neither shall the night over∣take you who keep the word of life, You added the word ever between night and overtake

Couldn't find this one! It's not at 12:42 or near it. Either way, I don't think it changes the meaning too radically to require searching hard for it. and break your unity with his people; You said destroy

18:37 And whensoever you are called to suffer for the Lords Testimony, You said when
Your corrections are great.

A little explanation on the 12:42 correction. My error :oops: the time stamp should have been 10:42. The reason that I thought it should have been changed is more because of the structure of more of the sentence than I gave you. Here is more of the sentence (Page 9): And if there be any thing in you that longeth for revenge, or the destruction of them that have harmed you, that proceeds from the evil root, and you are not to be of that Spirit, and if that prevail over you, it will destroy your peace with God, and break your unity with his people;. I am sure that he used two different words with slightly different meanings to stress the point and to avoid repetition. Just let me know if you decide to make that correction or not.

Wayne
Wayne
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

InTheDesert wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 6:47 am I was wondering that actually: What is the Mormon view of 'church history' (that is, the Puritan period, Reformation etc.)? Embrace it as leading up to 'the other testament' or view it as off track?

Section 12 spot checks
3:13.5 she may claim the duties of marriage from him. You said upon.
Section 12 is now PLOK :thumbs:

As to your question. The LDS (Latter-day Saints [members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints]) feel that the men of the Reformation were absolutely inspired of God. They were men of God doing His work, pushing the idea of Religious Freedom. Breaking away from the Catholic Church. Pursuing the idea that the Bible and other works should be available to the common man. We feel that they were led to leave Europe and come to the New World, as only in a new place, with Religious Freedom, could the Gospel of Jesus Christ be restored to the earth. We feel that the men who wrote the Constitution of the United States were selected to be here then and that many of their discussions and decisions were inspired/prompted by God.
Wayne
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Kalamareader wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 5:01 pm
InTheDesert wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 6:49 am

A few things to look at:

Keep up the good work,

Wayne
Section 8 spot checks

Your corrections are great.

A little explanation on the 12:42 correction. My error :oops: the time stamp should have been 10:42. The reason that I thought it should have been changed is more because of the structure of more of the sentence than I gave you. Here is more of the sentence (Page 9): And if there be any thing in you that longeth for revenge, or the destruction of them that have harmed you, that proceeds from the evil root, and you are not to be of that Spirit, and if that prevail over you, it will destroy your peace with God, and break your unity with his people;. I am sure that he used two different words with slightly different meanings to stress the point and to avoid repetition. Just let me know if you decide to make that correction or not.

Wayne
Fixed! Spot check at 10:44.

The last two sections have been recorded but since each one is 70 minutes, editing has been taking a while.
Emotions
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Section 10 is up. To get it under 74 minutes, I had to zealously use the Truncate Silence feature which might have clipped of things that it shouldn't. Let me know if you hear anything weird because I've still got the original file.
Emotions
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

InTheDesert wrote: July 24th, 2021, 6:57 pm Section 10 is up. To get it under 74 minutes, I had to zealously use the Truncate Silence feature which might have clipped of things that it shouldn't. Let me know if you hear anything weird because I've still got the original file.
Just FYI, you can also split the file into "part 1" and "part 2" if you prefer.

Michael
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

InTheDesert wrote: July 24th, 2021, 6:24 am Fixed! Spot check at 10:44.
Great fix. Section 8 is PLOK :thumbs:

And as for 10, I haven't had a chance to listen to it, but as Michael said, it would probably be better to split it up to Parts 1 and 2. Just find a good place, somewhere near the middle of possible, add new intros and outgos, and I will get to it as soon as possible.

Wayne
Wayne
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

If you decide to split it, please use "10" in the filename for part 1 and "10b" for part 2. I'll renumber the files during cataloging.

Michael
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Section 9 is up and I'll split section 10 in a couple of hours.

Edit: Section 10 is ready to go.
Emotions
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

InTheDesert wrote: July 25th, 2021, 6:35 pm Section 9 is up and I'll split section 10 in a couple of hours.

Edit: Section 10 is ready to go.
Boy, he sure had a lot to say. :shock: , and I am only half done.

This stuff is hard to read as the sentence structure is often different than ours. I am impressed how well you are doing this stuff.

Here are some things to look at in Section 10:

9:00.5 and because their motion is naturall, it commonly proves swiftest at last. You added the word 'so' between is and naturall.

14:11.5 Looke to his office You said at

14:37 We may say, is Jesus multi∣plyed? You said Christ

31:34.5 I kind of hesitate on this one, because we usually don't comment on pronunciation, but I think this one maybe should be corrected, but your call: So the world is a stage of vicissitudes, constant only in its inconstancie. In vicissitudes, you leave out the middle 'sis'.

31:47 As soon may the moon be suited with a coat that will alwayes fit it, You said As soon as the moon may be suited

31:57 The fool changeth as the moon, fayth the son of * Syrach I think this should be sayeth

33:44 Sit thou at my right hand untill I make thine enemies thy foot stool. I heard mine

34:04.5 which one of great insight into this mysticall booke of the Revelation, understanding both of Mosai∣call ceremonies and of heathenish worship, You said the Your call

36:24.5 1 John 5 4. Whatsoever is born of God overcomes the world: You said whoever

41:25 Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet You added he word 'and' before the word spare.

I will get to more as soon as I can. Putting in many hours of volunteering this week. 28 and a half hours in three days plus a two hour commute. But it is all worth it. Only about 21 more hours in the next two days (plus the commute). -WHEW-

Wayne
Wayne
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Kalamareader wrote: July 28th, 2021, 9:36 pm
Boy, he sure had a lot to say. :shock: , and I am only half done.

This stuff is hard to read as the sentence structure is often different than ours. I am impressed how well you are doing this stuff.

Here are some things to look at in Section 10:

9:00.5 and because their motion is naturall, it commonly proves swiftest at last. You added the word 'so' between is and naturall.

14:37 We may say, is Jesus multi∣plyed? You said Christ

31:34.5 I kind of hesitate on this one, because we usually don't comment on pronunciation, but I think this one maybe should be corrected, but your call: So the world is a stage of vicissitudes, constant only in its inconstancie. In vicissitudes, you leave out the middle 'sis'.

31:47 As soon may the moon be suited with a coat that will alwayes fit it, You said As soon as the moon may be suited

31:57 The fool changeth as the moon, fayth the son of * Syrach I think this should be sayeth

33:44 Sit thou at my right hand untill I make thine enemies thy foot stool. I heard mine

34:04.5 which one of great insight into this mysticall booke of the Revelation, understanding both of Mosai∣call ceremonies and of heathenish worship, You said the Your call

36:24.5 1 John 5 4. Whatsoever is born of God overcomes the world: You said whoever

41:25 Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet You added he word 'and' before the word spare.

I will get to more as soon as I can. Putting in many hours of volunteering this week. 28 and a half hours in three days plus a two hour commute. But it is all worth it. Only about 21 more hours in the next two days (plus the commute). -WHEW-

Wayne
Nothing like some Librivox for a long commute. Take your time.

Section 10 spot checks:
9:02 and because their motion is naturall, it commonly proves swiftest at last. You added the word 'so' between is and naturall.

14:38 We may say, is Jesus multi∣plyed? You said Christ

31:36.5 I kind of hesitate on this one, because we usually don't comment on pronunciation, but I think this one maybe should be corrected, but your call: So the world is a stage of vicissitudes, constant only in its inconstancie. In vicissitudes, you leave out the middle 'sis'.

31:48 As soon may the moon be suited with a coat that will alwayes fit it, You said As soon as the moon may be suited

32:00 The fool changeth as the moon, fayth the son of * Syrach I think this should be sayeth

33:47 Sit thou at my right hand untill I make thine enemies thy foot stool. I heard mine

34:08 which one of great insight into this mysticall booke of the Revelation, understanding both of Mosai∣call ceremonies and of heathenish worship, You said the Your call

36:28.5 1 John 5 4. Whatsoever is born of God overcomes the world: You said whoever

41:30 Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet You added he word 'and' before the word spare.
Emotions
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Blurb updated in first post. I know I still need to do the tags.
Emotions
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Theology - Doctrine - Puritan - Epistles of John - Divorce - Remarriage - Westminster Divines - Faith - Bible - Revelation - Presbyterian
Last edited by InTheDesert on August 5th, 2021, 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emotions