[COMPLETE] Daylight Land by W. H.H. Murray - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Thanks! Ch 6 is Ready for PL.
Like a story that we wish was never ending, we know sometime we must reach the final page. Still we carry on just pretending that there'll always be one more book to go. - Fading Lights, Genesis
justjennifer

Post by justjennifer »

Hi, Keith - section 6 is PL OK!
justjennifer

Post by justjennifer »

And section 7 is PL OK as well.
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Ch 8 is ready for PL.
Like a story that we wish was never ending, we know sometime we must reach the final page. Still we carry on just pretending that there'll always be one more book to go. - Fading Lights, Genesis
justjennifer

Post by justjennifer »

Keratak wrote: July 17th, 2021, 6:59 am Ch 8 is ready for PL.
Section 8 is PL OK!

I always enjoy reaching the moment in a book when you realize why it is titled as it is. :)
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Yes, they are quite excited about Canada...in the Summer.
Much of the rest of the book seems like a Tourism or Investment brochure for the country of Canada.
I'd like to know how their predictions hold true. Chicago hasn't gotten to the 12 or 15 million they predicted.
They talk about American farmers depleting the soil, and they were about 40-50 years from the great Dust Bowl, so they saw that coming.
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Ch 9 & 10 are now ready for PL.
Ch 10 is 32min!

I wanted to mention with Ch 10, there is a spot in there where the text has a "Mr. Bonneville" speaking.
There is no other reference to Mr. Bonneville in the book, and the nature of his statement seems to be that of Mr. Pepperell.
I read it as Pepperell, so as to not cause any confusion.
I hope this will be acceptable.
My guess is he had the character as Bonneville, then changed it for some reason, and forgot to get that one.
Or, he may have started to add another character, but realized the narrator would be getting short on voices by this time and had mercy.
Thanks W.H.H!
justjennifer

Post by justjennifer »

Section 9 is PL OK!

Section 10 PL note:
05:36 - repeated phrase "we admired the ample design of the commodious house"
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Thanks!
That chapter was a tough one. I think I had six errors, and couldn't match the voices to save my life!
Fortunately, i was able to patch in just the words or phrases which made it harder to tell.

Ch 11 is now ready.
justjennifer

Post by justjennifer »

You've done very well with the voices! I can hear all the characters differently.

Sections 10 and 11 are PL OK.
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

I got Ch 13 done. Ch 12 has some problems, so It will take a bit to get ready.
justjennifer

Post by justjennifer »

Keratak wrote: August 4th, 2021, 3:04 pm I got Ch 13 done. Ch 12 has some problems, so It will take a bit to get ready.
Chapter 13 is PL OK!
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Thanks! Ch 12 is now up. I think I got it fixed alright.
Why can't I even sound like myself twice?
justjennifer

Post by justjennifer »

Keratak wrote: August 5th, 2021, 8:30 pm Thanks! Ch 12 is now up. I think I got it fixed alright.
Why can't I even sound like myself twice?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Ch 14 is also up. Another long one, and one with a couple of weird things to it...in a book full of weird things.
I added a reader's note to explain an illustration that was in the book, and to which they reference.

Then, the story just seems to end. I checked the original text and there are no missing pages. It appears he just got tired of telling that story and moved on.
I thought about adding another note at the end to say, I know it seems weird, but this truly is the end of the chapter.