[COMPLETE]The U.S. Army in the Iraq War Vol 1: Invasion Insurgency Civil War 2003–06 by US Government -ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

The good news is that the recording sounds great and that all is well with the technical specifications. Do note that the file names may not contain upper case letters.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Kevin - I haven't given him access to the MW yet - we still do not have information about the reader/s and can not really do anything with it until we do . I have no answers to those questions.

Anne
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

annise wrote: June 24th, 2021, 4:49 pm Kevin - I haven't given him access to the MW yet - we still do not have information about the reader/s and can not really do anything with it until we do . I have no answers to those questions.

Anne
Thank you! I understand.
reedstrege1

Post by reedstrege1 »

Thanks - the narrators is a LibriVox member - I will get his username and post it in this thread. I will also give the test file the correct name and upload it and put the correct info in the magic window.

After that, I will split the files to ensure that each is under 70 minutes and 100mb.
Reed Strege
reedstrege1

Post by reedstrege1 »

The first test file has been uploaded again:

usarmyintheiraqwar1_01_various_128kb.mp3

The narrator's LibriVox account is adamkoebel

I tried to put the information about the first test file in the magic window, but I don't think I was supposed to do that yet. Sorry about that.

Once I get approval, I can reconfigure the rest of the files so they are under 70 minutes and 100mb. Thanks!
Reed Strege
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

reedstrege1 wrote: June 25th, 2021, 9:51 am The first test file has been uploaded again:

usarmyintheiraqwar1_01_various_128kb.mp3

The narrator's LibriVox account is adamkoebel

I tried to put the information about the first test file in the magic window, but I don't think I was supposed to do that yet. Sorry about that.

Once I get approval, I can reconfigure the rest of the files so they are under 70 minutes and 100mb. Thanks!
Okay, we're making progress.

The file to be posted here and in the Magic Window will look like this:https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/usarmyintheiraqwar1_01_various_128kb.mp3. (It goes in the Listen URL column.)

The title in the Magic Window will be not the file name but the actual title of Section 1 as printed in the study. I assume that will be: "Title Pages Preliminary Information and Contents." (No quote marks needed.)

Also, I see that you indicated that there would be a Section 0 (zero.) Is that the case? If not, we'll need to change this. Annise may be the only one who can do this.
reedstrege1

Post by reedstrege1 »

Thank you. Yes, that's correct. There is no section 0. And the title of the first section is Title Pages Preliminary Information and Contents.
Reed Strege
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

reedstrege1 wrote: June 25th, 2021, 3:05 pm Thank you. Yes, that's correct. There is no section 0. And the title of the first section is Title Pages Preliminary Information and Contents.
Okay. If you have access to the Magic Window as I believe you do, now you can enter the correct URL and then mark that section as "Ready for PL." And type in the title, please.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

These are instructions to help you get into the MW - let me know if you have problems.

Anne

Here is a document that explains how to get into the MW the first time:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxWB83bbALTQYjlENGZ0SVJUWWs

And here is another document that explains how to keep the MW up to date etc:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kVj409nG_E0XJ5UrrcL7EVx7Qyx-2UQ7dbw4mINi3XQ
reedstrege1

Post by reedstrege1 »

Thank you! Section 01 is up and ready for a test listen. Once I get the green light to continue, I will reconfigure the remaining files.
Reed Strege
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

reedstrege1 wrote: June 26th, 2021, 8:18 am Thank you! Section 01 is up and ready for a test listen. Once I get the green light to continue, I will reconfigure the remaining files.
Section 1 is PL OK!

Please put the section's length in the notes column in the Magic Window (MW.)
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

length means mm:ss - it's a check that space gremlins have not munched the file in transit. Anne
reedstrege1

Post by reedstrege1 »

This is done - thanks! Let me know if the first file is setup correctly, and I will reconfigure the remaining files and upload them.
Reed Strege
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

reedstrege1 wrote: June 28th, 2021, 9:21 am This is done - thanks! Let me know if the first file is setup correctly, and I will reconfigure the remaining files and upload them.
Yes, the recording has passed. That is what 'PL OK' means.
reedstrege1

Post by reedstrege1 »

Thank you. One final question before I reconfigure the remaining files.

Are there any specific announcements for the beginnings/ends of segments that need to be divided.

For example, Chapter 15 of the book would need to be split into two files. Currently, at the beginning of the file, the narrator says:

“Chapter 15: Transformation in a Time of War January to April 2005, of the US Army in the Iraq War Volume 1 by US Army Operation Iraqi Freedom Study Group. This Librivox Recording is in the public domain.”

At the end of the file, the narrator says:

“End of Chapter 15: Transformation in a Time of War January to April 2005.”

In order to keep with the Librivox standards, how should the intro and endings for these split chapters be read? Perhaps something like this below? The changes are in bold.

“Chapter 15, Part One: Transformation in a Time of War January to April 2005, of the US Army in the Iraq War Volume 1 by US Army Operation Iraqi Freedom Study Group. This Librivox Recording is in the public domain.”

“End of Chapter 15, Part One: Transformation in a Time of War January to April 2005.”

“Chapter 15, Part Two: Transformation in a Time of War January to April 2005, of the US Army in the Iraq War Volume 1 by US Army Operation Iraqi Freedom Study Group. This Librivox Recording is in the public domain.”

“End of Chapter 15, Part Two: Transformation in a Time of War January to April 2005.”
Reed Strege