[COMPLETE][Solo] The Heart of the New Thought by Ella Wheeler Wilcox - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thank you, but I am not sure I deserve such praise. In any case, we work well together. I don't think it's worth the time to find the word growth to fix. But I will leave that up to you. Talk to you soon. Jim :)
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

neecheelok70 wrote: June 7th, 2021, 10:57 am Thank you, but I am not sure I deserve such praise. In any case, we work well together. I don't think it's worth the time to find the word growth to fix. But I will leave that up to you. Talk to you soon. Jim :)
You're welcome.

You do deserve it. And Yes, we do. :D

No trouble at all. I've found them quickly. I've included the time and the sentence (or part) that I've changed.

Section 2:
@0:31 - Remember all growth is slow.

@3:13 - will be of slow growth

Section 3:
@0:31 - or send them to the county

@0:37 - that will keep you in a rut of shabbiness

@0:50 - It is because you have harped upon this idea

@3:49 - When I read of a wealthy man who boasts

I've also uploaded three more sections (4-6).
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Good job. Both are now PL 0K! Jim :)
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Section 4 is perfect, except for one problem, which I debated whether to let go or not. At 2:10, you say harvestes, which is three syllables, but it should be harvests, two syllables, with the last s's sort of blending. Jim :)

Oh, and by the way your silent start is almost beyond the start range, which 0.5 to 1.0.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Section 5 is good. It is PL OK! But I should mention again that your silence at the beginning is too short. Jim :thumbs:
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Once again the intro silence is too short, but otherwise, all is well. Good work! You are once again PL OK. Jim :thumbs:
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

neecheelok70 wrote: June 8th, 2021, 9:10 am Section 4 is perfect, except for one problem, which I debated whether to let go or not. At 2:10, you say harvestes, which is three syllables, but it should be harvests, two syllables, with the last s's sort of blending. Jim :)

Oh, and by the way your silent start is almost beyond the start range, which 0.5 to 1.0.
Thanks, Jim!

I'll fix that when I upload new sections on Friday.

And I'm so sorry about the silent start. I totally forgot about it. I'll be careful next time.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Sounds good. You are doing very well. I like your careful and methodical style: it fits particularly well for this philosophical kind of book. Jim :D

By the way, you do not need go back to extend your opening silent part of the intros. Those files are already considered PL OK. So if you will, leave it at that. I am assured that in future you will honor the 0.5 to 1.0 span allowed . Jim :thumbs:
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

neecheelok70 wrote: June 8th, 2021, 9:43 am Sounds good. You are doing very well. I like your careful and methodical style: it fits particularly well for this philosophical kind of book. Jim :D

By the way, you do not need go back to extend your opening silent part of the intros. Those files are already considered PL OK. So if you will, leave it at that. I am assured that in future you will honor the 0.5 to 1.0 span allowed . Jim :thumbs:
Thanks! It is an amazing book.

Don't worry! I'll only fix Section 4. And I'll remember the start silence for future sections.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

:thumbs:
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Hi Jim,

Sorry for not uploading any new sections today (as planned). I had a busy week and I couldn't find the time to record and edit.

Hopefully, I'll be able to upload again on Tuesday.

Until then, take care.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

No problem. We are in no hurry. Have a good day. Jim :)
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Hey, Jim!

Thank you for your understanding.

As promised, I've corrected Section 4 and uploaded Section 7 to 10.

Enjoy. :D
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Section 4 is now PL OK. Thanks, Sara. :)
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Section 7 overall is as usual very good. Just a few things need fixing: at 2:09, you have pronounced his as if it were two syllables, so it sounds like hises, but it should be his, one syllable; at 4:09, you have pronounced dove with a long o as if it were dove as in diving, but it should actually be the bird dove and the word for the bird (funny rhyme, sorry) dove rhymes with the word love and then it fits the rhyme scheme of the poem; at 4:41, the word is discretion, not desertion; and finally, at 4:45, you have left out the and between shrewd and unprincipled. Remember my time notations are what I see here. They are easy fixes. I will get to the other sections soon. Jim :thumbs: