[COMPLETE][Solo] The Heart of the New Thought by Ella Wheeler Wilcox - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

The Heart of the New Thought, by Ella Wheeler Wilcox (1850 - 1919)

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/heart-of-the-new-thought-by-ella-wheeler-wilcox/
A new book of original essays by this gifted woman dealing with The New Thought in practice. It deals with the practice of New Thought in our daily lives. A helpful and inspiring book, fully equal to the very best work this author has done. (Summary by The Psychic Research Company, in "Nuggets of the New Thought")
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/30256

Target completion date: 0-12-00

Prooflistening level: Word Perfect
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section # of The Heart of the New Thought. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "The Heart of the New Thought, by Ella Wheeler Wilcox. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section # of The Heart of the New Thought, by Ella Wheeler Wilcox. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of The Heart of the New Thought, by Ella Wheeler Wilcox."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: heartofnewthought_##_wilcox_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. heartofnewthought_01_wilcox_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: Kitty

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
Last edited by SaraHale on June 2nd, 2021, 8:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hi Sarah :)

I love EWW's poetry but didn't know she also wrote essays. Sounds like a good project for a solo...I'll MC this and will be back with the MW soon...

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ok MW is ready to be filled out. We'll wait a bit here to attract a DPL for the project.

Just a question: where did you get the summary from ? I don't see it anywhere in the Gutenberg version :hmm: We just need to make sure, if you quote something exactly, that it's also in the public domain. For that reason it's often best to write your own summary. But if the source is PD as well, then we can take it as exact quote.

Sonia
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Kitty wrote: June 2nd, 2021, 1:28 am ok MW is ready to be filled out. We'll wait a bit here to attract a DPL for the project.

Just a question: where did you get the summary from ? I don't see it anywhere in the Gutenberg version :hmm: We just need to make sure, if you quote something exactly, that it's also in the public domain. For that reason it's often best to write your own summary. But if the source is PD as well, then we can take it as exact quote.

Sonia
Thank you!! :9:

I've come across this book when I was recording Nuggets of the New Thought. And that's where I got the summary from. I just don't like to leave the summary blank. I can change it if you like.

https://www.gutenberg.org/files/45113/45113-h/45113-h.htm#:~:text=a%20helpful%20and%20inspiring%20book%2C%20fully%20equal%20to%20the%20very%20best%20work%20this%20author%20has%20done.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SaraHale wrote: June 2nd, 2021, 1:55 amI've come across this book when I was recording Nuggets of the New Thought. And that's where I got the summary from. I just don't like to leave the summary blank. I can change it if you like.
ah ok, I see, no it's fine as it is then. Maybe you could add the title of the book where the summary is from, then we're in the clear. "Summary by The Psychic Research Company, in "Nuggets of the New Thought", or something similar.

But it's fine. No need to write anything else.

Sonia
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Kitty wrote: June 2nd, 2021, 2:02 am ah ok, I see, no it's fine as it is then. Maybe you could add the title of the book where the summary is from, then we're in the clear. "Summary by The Psychic Research Company, in "Nuggets of the New Thought", or something similar.

But it's fine. No need to write anything else.

Sonia
Okay, I've updated the source. I'll fill out the MW later today.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Sara (is that what you wish to be addressed by?), my name is Jim Locke (my handle is neecheelok70) and I wish to be your DPL for this project. As the DPL, Sonia will give me access to the MW, so I will be manipulating the final section indicating need for corrections or full acceptance with the PL OK. If you need to make corrections, I will indicate what they are in a post. Feel free to ask any questions you have. Jim :)
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

neecheelok70 wrote: June 2nd, 2021, 7:28 am Sara (is that what you wish to be addressed by?), my name is Jim Locke (my handle is neecheelok70) and I wish to be your DPL for this project. As the DPL, Sonia will give me access to the MW, so I will be manipulating the final section indicating need for corrections or full acceptance with the PL OK. If you need to make corrections, I will indicate what they are in a post. Feel free to ask any questions you have. Jim :)
Hey, Jim.

Yes, you can call me Sara (it's my real name). Thank you so much. I'm so happy to work with you again (this time our roles are changed). I don't know if you remember but I was your DPLer for "Prince or Chauffeur? A Story of Newport".

Please feel free to point out anything you find in the recording. As I like to improve my recording with each project that I do.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Indeed! I remember it well, though I didn't make the connection. Yes, nice to be working with you again. Jim :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

great, so the team is complete and we can move to Going Solo. Thank you, Jim, for volunteering for this project :thumbs:

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Happy to help! Jim :D
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Hey, Jim.

Sections 0 to 3 are ready for PL.

Thanks!

The plan, for now, is to upload on Tuesday and Friday.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

I am happy that you are on your way. I will try to get to this tonight or first thing tomorrow. Jim :thumbs:
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Sara, these are read very clearly and meaningfully. And I enjoyed listening to your pleasant voice. The first three are without mistakes. However, just for future reference, you should pronounce the word growth with a long o as in Oh my! As for Section 3, I have noted a few things that need attention. At 32.0 you say country, instead of county. I almost didn't bother with this because county suggests country, but because there were other errors, I thought I would get you to change this. At 38.0, you say runt, but it should be rut. At 52.0, you say harpened, two syllables, but the word is harped, one syllable. Finally, at 3:52, please eliminate the background noise of a car in traffic, I think. Some of these might be considered harmless slips, but part of the problem is the listener would realize the correct way to say it. But good job. :clap: And keep them coming. Jim
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

neecheelok70 wrote: June 7th, 2021, 6:50 am Sara, these are read very clearly and meaningfully. And I enjoyed listening to your pleasant voice. The first three are without mistakes. However, just for future reference, you should pronounce the word growth with a long o as in Oh my! As for Section 3, I have noted a few things that need attention. At 32.0 you say country, instead of county. I almost didn't bother with this because county suggests country, but because there were other errors, I thought I would get you to change this. At 38.0, you say runt, but it should be rut. At 52.0, you say harpened, two syllables, but the word is harped, one syllable. Finally, at 3:52, please eliminate the background noise of a car in traffic, I think. Some of these might be considered harmless slips, but part of the problem is the listener would realize the correct way to say it. But good job. :clap: And keep them coming. Jim
Thank you so much, Jim! You are an AMAZING DPLer. I can fix "growth" if you want. I don't mind. It is in section 2 (The Sowing of the Seed), right?

I'll fix the errors tomorrow when I upload some sections tomorrow evening (my time zone).