[COMPLETE][SOLO] Tales of Daring and Danger by G A Henty - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Section 1 is PL OK. Yes, I see what you mean about sometimes changing the text a bit, but in no places did those changes alter the sense. I did wonder about your not including the subtitle "A Tale of Ghauts" 21.0, but didn't think it was a major issue. However, following subtitles should be included. Jim
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

PL Ok for Section 2 as well. Good job! :thumbs:
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Thanks!
I got quite turned around with the intros and outros on this one. I'm used to Title and Chapter, so Sections and subtitles are a bit different.
I think I got them for the other two sections I've recorded: The second story (section 3) and the last story [Section(s)? ??], because they are big, and I had recording time, and will hopefully have some editing time coming up this week. Those may require some finagling to learn how many sections each are.

As far as the wording goes, I'm already surprised at how much mileage we got out of that topic. If it's more than 2 words per thousand I'll be surprised and not a smidgen less pleased with the effort.
Like a story that we wish was never ending, we know sometime we must reach the final page. Still we carry on just pretending that there'll always be one more book to go. - Fading Lights, Genesis
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Best to just read whatever is set up for the project and in the text whatever appears before you, unless told otherwise. As you know every book and set-up seems to be different. Jim
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Section 3 is ready for PL.
Like a story that we wish was never ending, we know sometime we must reach the final page. Still we carry on just pretending that there'll always be one more book to go. - Fading Lights, Genesis
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Tomorrow! Jim
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

There are some random additions or mistranslations that are not worth noticing because they eventually felt right enough for the moment, but I was bothered at 17:44 that you said "felt the reef," which should have been "felt the relief." And at 30:23, you say bowsprit with a long o, like bow in a girl's hair, instead of with an -ow sound, like in cow and like the bow of a ship. If you will fix these two items and re-send, you will be PL OK. Other than these two issues, it was wonderful and exciting! Jim :)
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

OK I think I got them alright.
The tone is a little off, but the relief part was the narrator in between two character parts, so it shouldn't be bad.

This is why I don't like messing with a recording unless it is substantial. Patching things in can sound worse than leaving it be.

I was pleasantly surprised that I'd managed to say bowsprit correctly four out of five times. I can't say I've come across that word before in my life. Always new things to learn.

I'm working on Section 6 now. It's already below 45 minutes, so it will be fine as one section.

Keith
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Your corrections are excellently blended. I think the key is to make the spliced-in part the same volume. In any case, all is well. And you are now PL OK. Jim :clap:
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Section 6 is ready for PL.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Section 6 is PL OK. Quite an achievement! Jim
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Thanks.
Section 4 is ready for PL.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Excellent work. And I hesitate to mention the only thing I heard that violated the sense, but I must. At 33:37 or so, you say, "We went through a lot . . . , but it should be "He went through a lot. . . " ; otherwise, what follows doesn't make sense. Please fix and re-send. Yours, Jim
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Thanks again.
Section 4 is ready for PL, and Section 5 is fixed.

I'm going to add the Summary on the front page.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Sounds good. Section 4 is now PL Ok. And I will get to 5 very soon. Jim