A Japanese Boy By Shigemi Shiukichi - philc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
DACSoft

Post by DACSoft »

Hi Phil,

Sections 7, 9, 10, 11, and 12 are PL OK! :thumbs:

My apologies if there has been a delay in PLing some of the sections. I generally rely on the notifications from readers' postings of the completion of their sections/chapters.

Great job so far! I'll have the rest of the sections completed this evening or tomorrow. :)
Don (DACSoft)
Bringing the Baseball Joe series to audio!

In Progress:
The Arrival of Jimpson; Baseball Joe in the World Series
Next up:
Two College Friends; Baseball Joe Around the World
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

DACSoft wrote: June 16th, 2021, 1:34 pm Hi Phil,

Sections 7, 9, 10, 11, and 12 are PL OK! :thumbs:

My apologies if there has been a delay in PLing some of the sections. I generally rely on the notifications from readers' postings of the completion of their sections/chapters.

Great job so far! I'll have the rest of the sections completed this evening or tomorrow. :)
That is absolutely OK Don. I am in no rush at all. This has been a most interesting find and read for me. Gee, it 's nice getting a glimpse into another culture and seeing how they are a lot the same as us.
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
DACSoft

Post by DACSoft »

Sections 13 and 14 are PL OK! :clap:

Just for completeness, I PLed the intros/outros for Sections 4, 5, and 6 (under the assumption that you did not re-record those chapters). I can do the same, if you think it is helpful, when you complete the adjustments for Sections 1, 2, and 3.
philchenevert wrote: June 16th, 2021, 2:18 pm That is absolutely OK Don. I am in no rush at all. This has been a most interesting find and read for me. Gee, it 's nice getting a glimpse into another culture and seeing how they are a lot the same as us.
I second that. I found the project, and your narration, very enjoyable to listen to. I appreciate being able to DPL this project, and getting a brief view of the day-to-day culture of a country I hadn't been exposed to in the past.

Thank you,
Don (DACSoft)

In Progress:
Next up:
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

I can do the same, if you think it is helpful, when you complete the adjustments for Sections 1, 2, and 3.
Yes. I have forgotten what adjustments I was supposed to make but a quick check of the intro/outros would be appreciated.
DACSoft

Post by DACSoft »

philchenevert wrote: June 16th, 2021, 5:27 pm
I can do the same, if you think it is helpful, when you complete the adjustments for Sections 1, 2, and 3.
Yes. I have forgotten what adjustments I was supposed to make but a quick check of the intro/outros would be appreciated.
Hi Phil,

I went through the first 3 sections, and it appears that the following needs to be done (probably in the following order):

A) Section 3 (ajapaneseboy_03_shiukichi_128kb.mp3): Currently contains the recordings for Chapters 5 and 6, which is also which is also (now) in Sections 5 and 6 respectively, so this content needs to be eliminated.

B) Section 2 (ajapaneseboy_02_shiukichi_128kb.mp3): Currently contains the recordings for Chapters 3 and 4.
a) The Chapter 4 portion is already in Section 4, so it needs to be eliminated from this recording (from 10:52 to the end).
b) Edit the recording to record and replace new intro for Chapter 3, including the Chapter 3 title description, and check/adjust ending silence.
c) Rename the recording for Section 3 (i.e. ajapaneseboy_03_shiukichi_128kb.mp3)

C) Section 1 (ajapaneseboy_01_shiukichi_128kb.mp3): Currently contains the recordings for Prefatory Letter, Chapters 1 and 2.
a) Copy the Chapter 2 portion of the recording into a new file (ajapaneseboy_02_shiukichi_128kb.mp3) for Section 2, from 13:51 to the end.
b) Add and intro to the recording for Chapter 2, including the Chapter 2 title description, and check/adjust ending silence.
c) Edit the Section 1 recording to remove the Chapter 2 portion (from 13:51 to the end).
d) Adjust the recording for the new intro for the Prefatory Letter and Chapter 1, including the Chapter 1 title description, and check/adjust ending silence.

I hope my attempt to put this in a step-by-step order was helpful. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you.
Don (DACSoft)

In Progress:
Next up:
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Wow, when i mess up, I do a good job of it, eh? Apparently when I separated them all, I either filed them in the wrong places or did not name them correctly. Or both. Geeesh! But am i discouraged? Nope. I'll fix these tonight and put them in proper order. :shock:

EDIT: I found that I had not uploaded the corrected chapters 1, 2 and 3, hence the original combined chapters were there. So sorry for the extra time you had to waste listening again because of my oversight.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

OK. Chapters 1, 2 and 3 have been fixed. All you need to do is check the beginning and ending to see that I've actually done it this time. This may be the charm. :D
DACSoft

Post by DACSoft »

Looks good! The one last item is that for both Section 1 and Section 3, the ending silence is less than 1 second, rather than being around 5 seconds.

Marked these 3 sections as PL OK!
Don (DACSoft)

In Progress:
Next up:
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

I have fixed the ending silence on 1 and 3 and uploaded them again. :D No need for you to check them, I promise they are close to 5 seconds now. :roll:
msfry

Post by msfry »

Hi Phil. If I could make a suggestion regarding your MW, it would be to shorten the word Chapter in the titles, down to Ch, and eliminate the dash/space. Those 7 extra characters take up a lot of room on an iPhone screen, robbing valuable space from the title. It would render thus:

Chapter 5 - Baths-Evenings At Home-Japanese Dancing and Music
Ch 5 Baths-Evenings At Home-Japanese Dancing and Music

This conveys exactly the same information, it could apply to all your future projects, and make us iPhone users very happy. :D
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

msfry wrote: June 17th, 2021, 9:11 pm Hi Phil. If I could make a suggestion regarding your MW, it would be to shorten the word Chapter in the titles, down to Ch, and eliminate the dash/space. Those 7 extra characters take up a lot of room on an iPhone screen, robbing valuable space from the title. It would render thus:

Chapter 5 - Baths-Evenings At Home-Japanese Dancing and Music
Ch 5 Baths-Evenings At Home-Japanese Dancing and Music

This conveys exactly the same information, it could apply to all your future projects, and make us iPhone users very happy. :D
Cool Michele! I will do t hat.