COMPLETE: The Life of Abraham Lincoln, Volume 2 by Ida Tarbell -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

lunch is a good thing :)

I'm back from our Florida trip and pulling 9/10 for PL work.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 9 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Thank you! Hope you had a lovely trip.
Section 11 is up. Another nice short one.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thanks, Ciufi. We had a nice, though extremely busy, time. Got to go to the one daughter's baby shower, walk on the beach 3 mornings, meet up with some best friends from living there long ago, then a 5 hour drive to central Florida to pop in with our other daughter/hubby for a couple nights and do a few repairs on that house (they are renting one we own). My Lupus wasn't happiest with me when we got home on Tuesday, but I'm glad we did it.

Are you two doing anything fun for the holiday weekend? We'll grill bison burgers, but that's about all. Neither of us like crowds, and one of the two highway exits to the area's fireworks show is closed for construction, so I doubt we'll do that this year. Maybe another unusual wildlife specimen will visit our yard for some excitement. heh! :lol:

Oh, and Section 10 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

and section 11 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Thanks!
Well, in past years we have gone to Green Music Center at Sonoma State (which is really close to us) for picnic, outdoor concert, and fireworks. But they have not had this event the last two years for obvious reasons. We are having company over, but I was looking at my menu (leg of lamb, caprese salad) and it is not the most Fourth of July-ish. But there are devilled eggs and watermelon, and Mare says they count as patriotic food. Oh, and I made a Fourth of July playlist on my Pandora to play, so there you have it! 8-)
Oh, and section 12 is up.
BTW, I noticed that I screwed up the file name for section 11.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 12 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Thank you!
Section 13 is ready for proofing!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 13 is PL OK :thumbs:

:)
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Thanks!
Section 14 is up.
I am embarrassed to note that I messed up the file name on section 13 as well. :oops: Sometimes I only notice these when I have put the next entry in the MW and notice that they do not line up. My apologies.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

I've gone through and fixed the filenames. An easy way to keep the names consistent throughout the project - when you save the file to select the previous file and just change the section number. Just be careful not to hit save before you change the section number or you will overwrite the previous file!
Jo
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Thank you!
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

:help:
Well, here's a problem... I was just recording section 14, the second half of chapter 29, and when I got to the bottom of 223 I found that there was no 224 or 225. It just goes straight to 226. What is odd is that I pre-read these pages aloud yesterday and they WERE certainly there at that time. I clearly recall their substance, but of course not word for word. I am going to hunt around, but any suggestions are appreciated. I was not that thrilled with the recording anyhow, so I just dumped it and will start again when I find the missing content.
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Okay, I have found another online copy of the same book with the pages extant. They are kind of ratty looking, but it will do. :D
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Jo