COMPLETE: The Life of Abraham Lincoln, Volume 2 by Ida Tarbell -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Much nicer than the pages I found - thank you! :D
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Ciufi wrote: July 11th, 2021, 5:39 pm :help:
Well, here's a problem... I was just recording section 14, the second half of chapter 29, and when I got to the bottom of 223 I found that there was no 224 or 225. It just goes straight to 226. What is odd is that I pre-read these pages aloud yesterday and they WERE certainly there at that time. I clearly recall their substance, but of course not word for word. I am going to hunt around, but any suggestions are appreciated. I was not that thrilled with the recording anyhow, so I just dumped it and will start again when I find the missing content.
That is so weird! (you did mean Section 15, though?)

Section 14 is PL OK :thumbs:

And I'm embarassed that I didn't note the file names earlier :oops:
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Oops, section 15! Well, there’s another file name to fix! :oops: Thanks to you, at least I caught this one early!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

hehe :) We'll get it together :)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Thanks! I even had to go in and change the intro and outro of the section, so apparently convinced I was of it being section 14
Anyhow , section 15 is up!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

lol :)

Well, it's all PL OK now :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Section 16 is up.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

16 is PL OK :(
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

I vividly remember when M and I visited Ford's Theater and the boarding house where Lincoln died (even though it was way back in 1981 - the summer after my first year teaching). It made a huge impression on me. When I was pre-reading this chapter in the family room, I looked over at Mare, who usually does not pay much attention to my pre-reading, and tears were streaming down her face. Mine, too.

Section 17 is up.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 17 is PL OK :thumbs:

I would have had a very difficult time recording 16. Probably this one, too. We live in the D.C. area for 7 years, and I never could bring myself to go to Ford's Theater. It seems so goulish to me that it still operates. I could not sit there and watch anything without being constantly distracted from it by the history of the place.
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Okay, now we start the appendix.

I already messed up with the first part. I somehow had thrown my edited version in the trash and kept my unedited version on my desktop (literally the ONE time I left a section on the desktop without loading it to the MW and then filing it in my LV folder - I was in hurry, so I left it and came back to it). Luckily, I always check the MW entry to make sure I loaded the right thing. It should be okay now, but I did pull off the bad recording and put in the correct one, which I know can be a bother. :oops:

Re the appendix in general, my plan is to break it into 14 sections of roughly 14 pages each, but that is subject to content so they will, of course, vary. I notice already that 14 pages of appendix stuff makes for a much longer recording that 14 pages of narrative. Each heading will have the dates of the contents (from - to -) in case that is of value to the listener.

18 is up.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Oh, I hate it when I do something like that! I've pulled the file, and will start proofing it at lunch time :)
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 18 is PL OK :thumbs:

Kinda interesting, reading these!
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

It really is interesting - and I think will become even more so as we see him maturing in his writing. The actual recording of it is not as fun as recording the narrative was, though (but as my mom always said, all our troubles should be so small. 8-) )

Section 19 is up.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

19 is PL OK :thumbs:

Boy, the bank issue got a LOT of "air time"! You can tell how fervent he was about protecting the public's interests in these letters and addresses.
~Lynette * -