[COMPLETE] Porgy by Dubose Heyward - dc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Adraya2

Post by Adraya2 »

Porgy, by DuBose Heyward (1885 - 1940)

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/porgy-by-dubose-heyward/
Story about Southern African American man with disabilities and the life he leads in 1900's. (Summary by Denise Ray)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.google.com/books/edition/Porgy/gd5aAAAAMAAJ.

Target completion date: 2021-08-10

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================

Genres for the project: Culture & Heritage Fiction; Action & Adventure Fiction

Keywords that describe the book: tags will be sent before cataloging

========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of Porgy. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Porgy, by DuBose Heyward. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section (or Chapter) # of Porgy, by DuBose Heyward. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Porgy, by DuBose Heyward."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: porgy_##_heyward_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. porgy_01_heyward_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: craigdav1

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
Last edited by Adraya2 on June 10th, 2021, 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

We need ALL the info that is spit out in the box. It includes your intro/outro wording and other instructions.

If you still have it on your screen, click the "Copy to clipboard" button in the upper right corner and edit your post here to paste in the info. (To edit, click the pencil icon in the upper right corner of your post.)

If you don't have the info still on your screen, you'll have to fill in the form again. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Moving to Book Suggestions for now, to keep the Launch Pad tidy. Once we have the full coding, we can move it back. :)
Adraya2

Post by Adraya2 »

Hi Tricia:
I edited my post and resubmitted the form. Please let me know if I need to had anything else.
Adraya2
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

That's better. :) Moved back to the Launch Pad.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

The link to the text goes to a wiki on the author. Where is the text itself located? thanks
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
Adraya2

Post by Adraya2 »

Hi Phil and Tricia
Here is the correct Url for Porgy.
: https://www.google.com/books/edition/Porgy/gd5aAAAAMAAJ.
How do I go about changing the project format page?

Adraya2
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

That URL looks like the record of a hardcover edition. Are you reading from a hard copy?

This Archive link is the best online edition I've found: https://archive.org/details/porgy00heyw/page/n7/mode/2up

You should be able to edit the first post by clicking on the pencil icon in the upper right corner of the post.
Adraya2

Post by Adraya2 »

Tricia
I was going to read the hard copy of Porgy. Will that be a problem for the project listener?

Adraya2
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

If the hard copy was not published 1925 or earlier don't use it . Any book you have that that actual book was published after then can have changes that can attract a new copyright, we have had to take down at least 1 completed project because of this.

Anne
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Please take a picture or scan of the title page and the copyright page (usually the next page after the title page), put the pictures into a zip file, and upload it to my uploader folder. Then post the resulting link in this thread.

We'll take a look and be sure your hard copy is OK to use (old publication date, as annise said).
Adraya2

Post by Adraya2 »

HI Tricia:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/additional_information_about_Porgy_edition.zip
Here is the information about Porgy as you requested and then some. I took a picture of information about the 1925 edition found on Goggle.com and other editions.
If you think this will be rejected then I will record from your link.

Adraya2
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Are you reading from that edition that you took pictures of the title page and copyright page?

I don't care about other editions on Google Books; I only care about the edition you're reading from. :) If you're reading this specific edition, from the screen, then it's okay. If you're reading from a physical copy of the book, then that's what I need pictures of.
Adraya2

Post by Adraya2 »

Tricia
I am reading from the 1925 edition that is on the screen.

Adraya2
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Sorry to butt in... I think the unpredictable geographical restrictions of Google Books may have caused some confusion here. The version linked in the first post is available for free download in the US, but it sounds like it's showing up as a non-downloadable edition for Tricia in Canada?

Michael