[COMPLETE] Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll - kaz

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
entervinput

Post by entervinput »

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, by Lewis Carroll (1832 - 1898)

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/alices-adventures-in-wonderland-by-lewis-carroll-8/
In this classic novel, a young girl named Alice chases after a white rabbit down a rabbit hole. She discovers a place that rejects traditional reason, and only follows its own mad logic. Join Alice as she meets iconic characters like The Mad Hatter while she tries to navigate this strange new world. (Summary by Vin Cramer)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/11

Target completion date: 2021-06-30

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Chapter # of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, by Lewis Carroll. Chapter Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Chapter # of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, by Lewis Carroll. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Chapter Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of chapter #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, by Lewis Carroll."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: alicesadventuresinwonderland_##_carroll_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. alicesadventuresinwonderland_01_carroll_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: Kazbek

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

to the MC - This will be (Version 8) - just put that as written after the Title on the project page. There are other versions but they are abridged editions. - Anne
Shaunzvo

Post by Shaunzvo »

Hey Anne,
Hope you're well.
I'd be up for reading if it's still open?
Shauna
Shauna :D
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Shaunzvo wrote: May 18th, 2021, 1:33 pm Hey Anne,
Hope you're well.
I'd be up for reading if it's still open?
Shauna
This is set up as a solo project (as one can tell from the subject line and the part in the instructions that says "soloist, please note"), but if you want to start a solo project of your own for this book, after some contributions to group projects, we would have nothing against a version 9. :)

Michael
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

I'll be glad to set this up for you. Be right back with the Magic Window.

Michael
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Ok, Vin. Your Magic Window is up.

As soloist, you will also be the BC (book coordinator) for your project, and will be in charge of filling out the Magic Window. Before you can access a Magic Window for the first time, you will need to set up a password for accessing the workflow system, as described here:

How to log in to the workflow system for the first time

Other instructions for managing the Magic Window can be found on this wiki page (in a solo project, you don't have to worry about word counts and some other things that BCs do in group projects, but you do need to list file durations in the Notes column):

http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/BC%27s:_How_to_update_the_Magic_Window

Let me know if you have any questions. I'll leave this thread here on the Launch Pad for a couple of days before moving it to the Going Solo forum, to see if a DPL (Dedicated Proof-listener) volunteers. I look forward to working with you!

Michael
Dcharlot

Post by Dcharlot »

Hello, I should like to volunteer as DPL for this project :)
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Dcharlot wrote: May 19th, 2021, 12:04 pm Hello, I should like to volunteer as DPL for this project :)
Great! You now have access to the Magic Window. Before you can log in to a MW for the first time, you will need to set up a password for accessing the workflow system, as described here:

How to log in to the workflow system for the first time

If you need a refresher on PLing, there's a link to the PL guide in the first post above. As DPL, you'll be updating the status to "See PL Notes" or "PL OK", as appropriate. Let me know if you have any questions.

We'll wait another couple of days for an acknowledgement from the reader before moving to Going Solo.

Michael
Dcharlot

Post by Dcharlot »

Wonderful! :clap: Thank you so much for your help, Michael :D
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

We haven't heard back from the reader, but it's time to move the thread to Going Solo.

Michael
entervinput

Post by entervinput »

Michael, Thank you for moving the thread (sorry I was unable to comment earlier).

Dcharlot, thank you for taking on this project to DPL, I really appreciate it!

I have the 1st four chapters ready for PL in the Magic Window. Please let me know if anything should be changed, and going forward, if I should only update for PLs one file at a time.
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

The MW looks good. :thumbs:

If you post new sections one by one, the PL may be able to listen to them sooner, but this is up to you.

Michael
JaybirdSummers

Post by JaybirdSummers »

Hi! This is one of my favorite books and if a slot is still open I'd be more than happy to read.
Jaybird Summers
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

JaybirdSummers wrote: May 24th, 2021, 8:31 pm Hi! This is one of my favorite books and if a slot is still open I'd be more than happy to read.
Jaybird Summers
Hi Jaybird,

Welcome to LibriVox! Like all the projects in the forum "Going Solo", this is a solo project, which means that all the sections will be read by the same reader. You can find projects that are looking for readers in the forums whose name starts with "Readers Wanted". After you contribute a few sections to group projects, you're also welcome to start your own solo project, including another version of Alice in Wonderland. :)

Michael
entervinput

Post by entervinput »

Dcharlot, I've uploaded the remaining chapters to the magic window.

Due to some personal constraints, I'd like to have this wrapped up before July. Does that work for you?