[COMPLETE] The Morning of Joy by Horatius Bonar - kaz

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

The Morning of Joy, by Horatius Bonar (1808 - 1889)

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-morning-of-joy-by-horatius-bonar/
I have been asked, once and again, to follow up "<a href="https://librivox.org/the-night-of-weeping-by-horatius-bonar/" rel="nofollow">The Night of Weeping </a>" with "The Morning of Joy," the words of David, in the 30th Psalm, having suggested the addition. After much thought and some hesitation I have done so. The former work was meant to be complete in itself, presenting not merely the night-side of tribulation, but bringing out also, though less prominently, some of its day-hues. As, however, it has been thought incomplete, having in it so much more of night than of clay; an endeavour has been made to complete it by drawing forward the eye to the scenes of morning, so soon to open upon us, in all their breadth and beauty. In this way we are led to forget the things that are behind, and to reach forward to those before, pressing towai-ds the mark for the prize of our high calling. And the fuller, the truer, the more frequent our anticipations of promised glory are, the deeper and the richer will our consolations be. (Summary by Preface)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://archive.org/details/morningofjoybein00bona/page/n9/mode/2up

Target completion date: 2021-07-31

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Religion/Christianity - Other

Keywords that describe the book:

========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of The Morning of Joy. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "The Morning of Joy, by Horatius Bonar. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section (or Chapter) # of The Morning of Joy, by Horatius Bonar. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of The Morning of Joy, by Horatius Bonar."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: morningofjoy_##_bonar_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. morningofjoy_01_bonar_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: Kazbek

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
Last edited by InTheDesert on May 12th, 2021, 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

I love this author and have had my eye on these books for group projects, but great for solo as well. I have finished several DPL projects, so would love to join you.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

And we have a team! It's all pre-recorded so I just have to edit the second half of them.
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

I'll be glad to MC this for you. Be right back with the MW.

Added: The MW is ready and Larry has been added as DPL. Moving to Going Solo tomorrow.

Michael
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Kazbek wrote: May 13th, 2021, 3:36 pm I'll be glad to MC this for you. Be right back with the MW.

Added: The MW is ready and Larry has been added as DPL. Moving to Going Solo tomorrow.

Michael
BC-extraordinare and polyglot Kazbek gets MCing powers! Thanks man!
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

silverquill wrote: May 12th, 2021, 9:54 pm I love this author and have had my eye on these books for group projects, but great for solo as well. I have finished several DPL projects, so would love to join you.
First half is up! No rush.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

I see. I'm actually taking a long weekend off to spend time with visiting family, but I will work on these as able. Really looking forward to listening!
~ Larry
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

InTheDesert wrote: May 13th, 2021, 11:09 pm BC-extraordinare and polyglot Kazbek gets MCing powers! Thanks man!
Yes, I've added "fumbling newbie MC" to my credentials. :) Thanks for the cheer!

Michael
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Just had time to listen to the preface this morning.
PL OK, but there seems to be more background him than I'm used to hearing, so you might want to check that out.
~ Larry
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

More MC talk... InTheDesert, could you add durations to the MW? This will help Larry budget his time and allow me to catch certain types of glitches during cataloging.

Thanks!
Michael
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Yes, totally. Got interrupted today in the middle of uploading and forgot - my recording room is being disassembled and reassembled today and tomorrow so I'll only have access to the files and timestamps in a day or so!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Kazbek wrote: May 14th, 2021, 8:19 am More MC talk... InTheDesert, could you add durations to the MW? This will help Larry budget his time and allow me to catch certain types of glitches during cataloging.

Thanks!
Michael
Not a problem.
I downloaded them all and ran them through checker and got the times on my spreadsheet anyway. I can add them to the MW to help.
~ Larry
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

silverquill wrote: May 14th, 2021, 1:31 pm Not a problem.
I downloaded them all and ran them through checker and got the times on my spreadsheet anyway. I can add them to the MW to help.
All uploaded now. I re-recorded the preface because it was short. It was the only track that suffered from overzealous air-con I think. All timings are now in the MW.
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Yet more MC talk... We normally counsel against re-recording a track that has been PLed to address problems that can be fixed in a passable way through editing, if it's something longer than a short poem. Larry, I can PL the improved preface if you would prefer.

Michael
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Kazbek wrote: May 15th, 2021, 6:37 am Yet more MC talk... We normally counsel against re-recording a track that has been PLed to address problems that can be fixed in a passable way through editing, if it's something longer than a short poem. Larry, I can PL the improved preface if you would prefer.

Michael
Thanks for the offer, but I'm glad to take care of it. :)
~ Larry