[COMPLETE] La Papallona, by Narcís Oller - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Ummm... I just noticed that the introduction to each of the recordings is not complete. It should be:

"Capítol # de La Papallona de Narcís Oller... etc." at the very beginning.

We do this so that blind or otherwise visually impaired people know from the very beginning what section they are listening to, without going through the whole disclaimer first.

Could you please add this to each and every section? Thank you. :D

I'm sorry I didn't see that in the beginning; if you had told me that you changed the disclaimer like this, I would have told you not to.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
jpujolar

Post by jpujolar »

Ok. En falta un i prou :birthday:
Joan Pujolar
jpujolar@mastodont.cat

Projectes en català
fgali

Post by fgali »

I per acabar aquesta obra realista i moralitzant. M'ha semblat que al minut 19 ho ha la repetició de "ses ulls"
Excel·lent feina👏👏👏👏
jpujolar

Post by jpujolar »

Gràcies, Francesc :thumbs:

Ava, I just learned that I can preclaim the cover design. It has to be done through you, hasn't it?

In the meantime, I'll see to the last three chapters that need mending.

Best,

Joan
Joan Pujolar
jpujolar@mastodont.cat

Projectes en català
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Joan,

I've claimed the cover for you, but it's best if you post your claim in the cover thread below (not all admins know how to preclaim).
The first post in our covers thread has all the info you need to create one: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28785
When this project is catalogued, please upload the cover and post the link in the thread above. Anne or another of the "cover" admins will take it from there.

Don't forget to fix the intros here, I can't catalog otherwise. :wink:
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
jpujolar

Post by jpujolar »

I have posted my preclaim. Now for the last recordings that need correcting.

Best,

Joan
Joan Pujolar
jpujolar@mastodont.cat

Projectes en català
jpujolar

Post by jpujolar »

Hello Ava,

I have inserted the chapter refs at the beginning of each recording and re-uploaded them all from chapter 2 to chapter 20, and I have also corrected the mishaps spotted by the PL. A big thanks to Francesc for this.

So we should be ready to go, should we not?

Did I understand that you need a text? If so, can it be the same as the one I intend to include in the cover?

Best,

Joan
Joan Pujolar
jpujolar@mastodont.cat

Projectes en català
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

I'm not sure what you mean with "text"? The summary? Is it the one in the first post? That's all I need.

It seems the first chapter is still missing the "first chapter of" part in the beginning.

Once this is in place and the text thing is clarified, we can catalog.
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
jpujolar

Post by jpujolar »

Dear Ava,

I have added the chapter reference to chapter one. Being the introductory one with a different entry I was not sure that this rule applied to it too.

In relation to the text, I would prefer it if you use this one, as the original had some minor issues. Feel free to improve the English version if needed.

Seguint la vocació naturalista de l’escriptor, la novel·la emprèn una anàlisi del procés d’enamorament de la seva protagonista, Toneta, una jove modista de caràcter angelical, amb en Lluís, un estudiant de dret del Ripollès. La relació esta marcada per les diferències de classe entre els protagonistes. Els ambients en què es desenvolupa la història ens mostren el barri històric, la Rambla i la Boqueria de Barcelona, alhora que es presenta la vida quotidiana de les diverses classes socials urbanes, des de la burgesia fins als treballadors que viuen en condicions molt precàries.

Following the writer’s naturalistic vocation, the novel undertakes an analysis of the process of falling in love of its protagonist, Toneta, an angelic young seamstress, with Lluís, a law student from the Ripollès area. The relationship is marked by the class differences between the protagonists. The environments in which the story unfolds show us the historic district, the Rambla and the Boqueria of Barcelona, while presenting the daily life of the various urban social classes, from the bourgeoisie to the workers who live in very precarious conditions
Joan Pujolar
jpujolar@mastodont.cat

Projectes en català
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Okay. Uh.... You're going to really hate me now... :oops:

I got ready for cataloging and now I see that the bitrate of each and every file is wrong. We need it to be 128 kb constant, and yours is 192.

This is an important tech spec that needs to be correct, I cannot catalog like this.
Please re-export the files with the correct bitrate of 128kb and reupload.

I also noticed that you're a bit on the loud side with many of your files coming in between 91-92 dB. It's not a big deal in a solo, but if you're taking part in a group recording, this should be closer to our optimum of 89 dB.

No need to fix this here, unless you absolutely want to. But the bitrate needs to be fixed.
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
jpujolar

Post by jpujolar »

Dear Ava,

This is what happens when you change computers. Anyway, no big deal. I just uploaded the new versions with the correct bitrate.

By the way. Audacity had scrambled my idp labels. I understood that you overwrite these anyway, so I have not bothered to put them right.

Remember that the good text version for the catalog is in the previous message.

With best wishes,

Joan
Joan Pujolar
jpujolar@mastodont.cat

Projectes en català
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

We finally managed - congratulations to another Catalan project in the catalogue! :clap:

This project is now complete. All chapters can be downloaded from the catalog page:
https://librivox.org/la-papallona-by-narcis-oller/

When you're done with the cover, please upload it to the "covers" folder and post the link in the covers thread I gave you above. Anne will take care of it and add it to the catalog page.
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
jpujolar

Post by jpujolar »

✌🏼 Thank you for your help :thumbs:
Joan Pujolar
jpujolar@mastodont.cat

Projectes en català
jpujolar

Post by jpujolar »

Dear Ava,

I just thought, well, I noticed that the titles of my two readings "La punyalada" and "La papallona" appear capitalized as "La Punyalada" and "La Papallona".

Not that it is a big deal, but this is not in accordance with the Catalan print tradition (and that of many other languages, although I could not really risk providing a list right now, but you can see it in both the Catalan and Spanish Wikipedia entries for the former, for instance).

Given all the complexities of Librivox's operations, I cannot judge whether this issue is worth pursuing, but I thought it was best to mention it.

PS. And I suspect I may have been the first to capitalise the titles myself.
Take care
Joan Pujolar
jpujolar@mastodont.cat

Projectes en català
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

It may be part of the system that forces the first word in the title (after a "the/la/die") to be capitalised; in English that's definitely the case.

I changed the titles on the catalog page and on archive; not sure about the cover for "La punyalada" though.
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com