[Complete] The Quest of the Golden Girl by Richard le Gallienne - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

The Quest of the Golden Girl, by Richard le Gallienne (1866 - 1947)

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-quest-of-the-golden-girl-by-richard-le-gallienne/

The main character at age 30 fears that he will never get married and commits to performing a long pilgrimage whose goal is to find the perfect companion, the girl God meant for him, The Golden Girl. On the way he meets many people and encounters many interesting situations till, finally returning home, he ultimately does find success in an unexpected form that "passeth all understanding". (Summary by williamjones)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/files/461/461-h/461-h.htm

Target completion date: 2021-06-30

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.
The Dedicated Proof Listener for this project is wib66.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
[*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Le_Gallienne (Richard le Gallienne)
[*]Link to title on Wikipedia (if available): https://archive.org/details/questgoldengirl00gallgoog
[*]Number of sections (files) this project will have: 13
[*]Does the project have an introduction or preface: No
[*]Original publication date (if known): 1896
[*]If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog?
[*]Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?: http://worksinprogress.website/
[/list]
========================================

Genres for the project: Action & Adventure Fiction; General Fiction/Published 1800 -1900; Literary Fiction

Keywords that describe the book: pilgrimage, romantic

========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section # of The Quest of the Golden Girl. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "The Quest of the Golden Girl, by Richard le Gallienne. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section (or Chapter) # of The Quest of the Golden Girl, by Richard le Gallienne. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of The Quest of the Golden Girl, by Richard le Gallienne."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: questofthegoldengirl_##_legallienne_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. questofthegoldengirl_01_legallienne_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: Lynnet

Text: https://www.gutenberg.org/files/461/461-h/461-h.htm

Level of PL: Standard[/b]
Last edited by williamjones on May 28th, 2021, 8:33 pm, edited 7 times in total.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

I will set this up. That will give you a MW into which you can enter the files.

In Listeners Wanted, there is a template for advertising for a proof listener. Just make sure you put [C] to imply you have finished the recordings.

All set. I have started filling out the MW for you. I suggest you complete that before heading over to Listeners Wanted :mrgreen:
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Things yo momma never told you:
In the MW Notes area, the simple HTML mark ups work!
in the first 3 sections, I have inserted <b>...</b> and <br> tags in order to make the Chapter numbers and titles stand out more clearly. Maybe later today, I'll try further to make the font color style mark ups work... they don't right now.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

williamjones wrote: May 9th, 2021, 6:24 am Things yo momma never told you:
in the first 3 sections, I have inserted <b>...</b> and <br> tags in order to make the Chapter numbers and titles stand out more clearly. Maybe later today, I'll try further to make the font color style mark ups work... they don't right now.
FYI the notes section doesn’t get included in the catalogued version. Section titles need to be in the title column.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Lynnet wrote: May 9th, 2021, 7:18 am
williamjones wrote: May 9th, 2021, 6:24 am Things yo momma never told you:
FYI the notes section doesn’t get included in the catalogued version. Section titles need to be in the title column.
Thanks, Lynn. I asked Michele about that last night. But I'm not going to undo the Notes changes only because it might be helpful to the PLer(s). I'm still trying to get the Title column to act similarly.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

williamjones wrote: May 9th, 2021, 7:47 am
Things yo momma never told you:
NOW they do!! I have a very important phone call to make in a few minutes, but after that's over, I'll insert the better info into the Title column. I've already fixed Section 01 title as a proof of feasibility.
[/quote]
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Lynne,
I'd like to load the first 7 sections' files into the MW, but the link to upload files is not present in the first post...yet.

When will that happen?
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

williamjones wrote: May 11th, 2021, 7:44 am Lynne,
I'd like to load the first 7 sections' files into the MW, but the link to upload files is not present in the first post...yet.

When will that happen?
It’s there. It’s between the information on file name and the MC. The format looks different since our last upgrade.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Lynnet wrote: May 11th, 2021, 7:49 am
williamjones wrote: May 11th, 2021, 7:44 am Lynne,

When will that happen?
It’s there. It’s between the information on file name and the MC. The format looks different since our last upgrade.
Wow! Super-quick response! Thanks!
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
wib66

Post by wib66 »

I would like to PL this project please
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi