[COMPLETE]Tales of St. Austin's by PG Wodehouse - dc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Tales of St. Austin's, by P. G. Wodehouse (1881 - 1975)

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/tales-of-st-austins-by-pg-wodehouse/

Volunteers outside the USA: P. G. Wodehouse died in 1975. This person's work may still be protected by copyright in countries where copyright duration is determined by the author's death date. In Europe this is 70 years; in Canada it is 50 years; and in Australia it is 70 years for authors who died after 1955.
Early short stories from Wodehouse focusing on life at St. Austin's, a fictional English public school. Also included are four humorous essays. (Summary by KevinS)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/6980

Target completion date: 2021-07-31

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================

Genres for the project: Humorous Fiction

Keywords that describe the book: fictional english public school

========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of Tales of St. Austin's. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Tales of St. Austin's, by P. G. Wodehouse. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section (or Chapter) # of Tales of St. Austin's, by P. G. Wodehouse. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Tales of St. Austin's, by P. G. Wodehouse."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: talesofstaustins_##_wodehouse_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. talesofstaustins_01_wodehouse_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: craigdav1

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
Last edited by KevinS on May 6th, 2021, 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

MW coming up.

edit: Let me know if any changes are needed. Enjoy.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

craigdav1 wrote: May 6th, 2021, 7:45 am MW coming up.

edit: Let me know if any changes are needed. Enjoy.
Thank you!
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Kevin - do you need a DPL?

I'm willing if you'd like.

Thanks,

M
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

mleigh wrote: May 6th, 2021, 8:41 am Kevin - do you need a DPL?

I'm willing if you'd like.

Thanks,

M
That would be lovely! Thank you!
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Now that the team is complete, moving topic to Going Solo forum.
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Section 1 is PL OK.

Section 2 is missing a sentence: ~4:08 please insert "Harrison emerged from the encounter feeling sore and unfit for any further
recreation.", after "traced the string to its owner."

Section 3 has several issues.
1 - 5:28, sounds like "telegram for" not "telegram from"
2 - 5:50, should be "nee Miss Dorothy" not "Mrs"
3 - 7:28, the "5" is missing for the fifth letter
4 - 13:07, should be "Lord Marmaduke Twistleton" not "Thistleton". As Twistletons feature in other PG Wodehouse books, it should probably be corrected.

I just noticed you snuck 16 in on me. Ouch.

I've enjoyed listening to the reading thus far.

Thanks,

M

Thanks,

M
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

mleigh wrote: May 7th, 2021, 6:33 pm Section 1 is PL OK.

Section 2 is missing a sentence: ~4:08 please insert "Harrison emerged from the encounter feeling sore and unfit for any further
recreation.", after "traced the string to its owner."

Section 3 has several issues.
1 - 5:28, sounds like "telegram for" not "telegram from"
2 - 5:50, should be "nee Miss Dorothy" not "Mrs"
3 - 7:28, the "5" is missing for the fifth letter
4 - 13:07, should be "Lord Marmaduke Twistleton" not "Thistleton". As Twistletons feature in other PG Wodehouse books, it should probably be corrected.

I just noticed you snuck 16 in on me. Ouch.

I've enjoyed listening to the reading thus far.

Thanks,

M

Thanks,

M
I've tried to read with a bit of enthusiasm and (perhaps) a little irony and am sorry to make these crazy errors. Forgive me.

But I think you'll have fun with these. I hope that is some recompense.

I certainly appreciate all your help!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Section 4 was most amusing. Wodehouse was quite good with humor and I had to smile several times during your reading.
It is PL OK.

Section 16 was a bit on the strange side. It was well read too. I just have one comment on it and would appreciate your listening to the passage and either correct it or let me know if I have misheard what you said.
~3:26 the text reads "'Never,' I shouted, with enthusiasm." It sounds to me like the verb you used is "crowded", if your word is actually "crowed" or "cried" it would fit in the text and would be acceptable.

Thanks,

M
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

mleigh wrote: May 8th, 2021, 4:02 pm Section 4 was most amusing. Wodehouse was quite good with humor and I had to smile several times during your reading.
It is PL OK.

Section 16 was a bit on the strange side. It was well read too. I just have one comment on it and would appreciate your listening to the passage and either correct it or let me know if I have misheard what you said.
~3:26 the text reads "'Never,' I shouted, with enthusiasm." It sounds to me like the verb you used is "crowded", if your word is actually "crowed" or "cried" it would fit in the text and would be acceptable.

Thanks,

M
I'll have a listen. Nothing I say would surprise me.