COMPLETE A Mummer's Wife by George Moore - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
anneflebari

Post by anneflebari »

Lmnei wrote: June 12th, 2021, 1:55 pm Hi Anne -

If you want I can catch up on your PL work - not sure if I can take on the whole project though but I have time in the next few days to do some PL work.

Would that be okay with you?

Lynda

Thank you Lynda, that would be great! I've got instructions on how to redo request and post into listeners wanted, but it may take me a while to figure it out😁 Cheers, Anne
anneflebari

Post by anneflebari »

hi Lynda, if you would still like to volunteer to PL, Ive posted a new request in Listeners wanted (think Ive done the template properly:) cheers, Anne
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

anneflebari wrote: June 13th, 2021, 7:02 pm hi Lynda, if you would still like to volunteer to PL, Ive posted a new request in Listeners wanted (think Ive done the template properly:) cheers, Anne
At this time I cannot do the whole book but I will get you to Chapter 7.

Lynda
anneflebari

Post by anneflebari »

Lmnei wrote: June 13th, 2021, 7:08 pm
anneflebari wrote: June 13th, 2021, 7:02 pm hi Lynda, if you would still like to volunteer to PL, Ive posted a new request in Listeners wanted (think Ive done the template properly:) cheers, Anne
At this time I cannot do the whole book but I will get you to Chapter 7.

Lynda
That's brilliant! It's quite an interesting story, apart from the visit to the pottery factory, and even that has its moments! :lol: Anne
Aysh

Post by Aysh »

Hi Anne and Lynda,

This is my first time volunteering to PL so I wasn't aware that I had to post on the project thread before starting. :lol: I only discovered the thread and that Lynda had already volunteered to PL once I finished proof-listening Chapter 2, which was all good by the way!

It's completely fine if Lynda would like to do up to Chapter 7 but, if needed, I will be able to PL Chapters 3-7 over the next two days or, in fact, any PL that's required for this book until Saturday this week.

Thanks,
Aysh
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Aysh -

Thanks for your note and I have Chapters 2-7 under control thanks.

I did notice that you are new to Librivox. All new users need to complete a 1 minute test whether or not they are going to read or PL Chapters/Sections. It was mentioned in your welcome email.

There are several reasons why - to check your settings and as a person who PL's so you are able to tell those who have recorded a section when various settings need to be fixed and how to do it.

Another reason is language. Not that everyone needs to be a master of the language that they are recording or PL'ing but they need to be able to be understood or understand the language spoken.

So before you volunteer for any projects, you need to get your 1 minute test done and posted to the Listeners Wanted forum.

Once that is done then you will be off to the races and able to DPL or record. One tip though - always check the posts for the book first to make sure you do not duplicate work and always post and wait for a response before starting anything.

Lastly, DPL'ing takes time. Not sure what you meant about being able to PL until Saturday - if you want to be the DPL then you are with this book until all the recordings are complete.

Lynda
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Lmnei wrote: June 15th, 2021, 1:10 am All new users need to complete a 1 minute test whether or not they are going to read or PL Chapters/Sections.
Hi Lynda! This is not true.
The test is for prospective readers who want to check their recording setup.
Correct tech specs of files is actually the BC's responsibility (Book Coordinator).
So prospective proof-listeners don't have to do a test recording. :D
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Rapunzelina wrote: June 15th, 2021, 1:23 am
Lmnei wrote: June 15th, 2021, 1:10 am All new users need to complete a 1 minute test whether or not they are going to read or PL Chapters/Sections.
Hi Lynda! This is not true.
The test is for prospective readers who want to check their recording setup.
Correct tech specs of files is actually the BC's responsibility (Book Coordinator).
So prospective proof-listeners don't have to do a test recording. :D
Hmmm. I cannot remember off hand who told me this but I have run into this situation previously twice - once where a new user to LV started PL'ing and then decided to record without doing the 1 minute recording and it caused a challenging situation for me. When we looked up how she got approved we found this backwards way of getting around the 1 minute recording. The other was the person PL'ing did not know what to do or how to provide feedback as they had not gone through it themselves so all the PL's came back perfect when actual feedback should have been given. Again, they did not know how to proceed so they just marked it OK. Both times I was told new people to LV need to do the 1 minute recording. Thus is why I wrote what I did.

Lynda
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Hi Lynda! That's alright! I just wanted to stop false rumors from spreading :mrgreen:
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Anne!

You are an excellent reader! I thoroughly enjoyed listening to the 6 sections - I might have to listen to the book when you are done!

Here is your PL feedback -

Section 2 –
PL OK

Section 3 –
00:09 – Heard a tone that I could not distinguish the words – should be “'Oh, ma'am!'”
Rest is PL OK

Section 4
00:05 – Heard “prter four” – should be “Chapter four”
Rest is PL OK

Section 5
PL OK

Section 6
PL OK

Section 7
PL OK

The only other thing I have to add, which I had to wait for LV to return today from being offline, is that when you are doing a solo normally the following line is in the template for the 2nd Section onwards:

"Section (or Chapter) # of BOOK NAME, by AUTHOR. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."

Your intros that I heard from Sections 2 - 7 did not follow this smaller Intro. I wanted to mention it now while you are just in the start of the book in case you want to edit your Sections/Chapters to match what the standard alternate Intro is supposed to include.

Thanks for letting me listen to your work!

Lynda
anneflebari

Post by anneflebari »

Lmnei wrote: June 15th, 2021, 9:47 pm Hi Anne!

You are an excellent reader! I thoroughly enjoyed listening to the 6 sections - I might have to listen to the book when you are done!

Here is your PL feedback -

Section 2 –
PL OK

Section 3 –
00:09 – Heard a tone that I could not distinguish the words – should be “'Oh, ma'am!'”
Rest is PL OK

Section 4
00:05 – Heard “prter four” – should be “Chapter four”
Rest is PL OK

Section 5
PL OK

Section 6
PL OK

Section 7
PL OK

The only other thing I have to add, which I had to wait for LV to return today from being offline, is that when you are doing a solo normally the following line is in the template for the 2nd Section onwards:

"Section (or Chapter) # of BOOK NAME, by AUTHOR. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."

Your intros that I heard from Sections 2 - 7 did not follow this smaller Intro. I wanted to mention it now while you are just in the start of the book in case you want to edit your Sections/Chapters to match what the standard alternate Intro is supposed to include.

Thanks for letting me listen to your work!

Lynda
Thank you so much Lynda,several hours patient listening there! I've corrected the errors you noted in Ch3 and 4 and have repeated the Chapter number after the LV disclaimer on all chapters. I will re-upload them with new timing, but as they are fairly long, I'll not do them all at once or I might crash the server:) thanks again, Anne
anneflebari

Post by anneflebari »

anneflebari

Post by anneflebari »

Hello Lynda, here are the other chapters for SPOT PL....they are all at the beginning of the files and a couple of seconds long, so if you are able to complete the spot PLs that would be great and would clear up the MW for any future listener.. many thanks, Anne
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/mummerswife_04_moore_128kb.mp3 49m 34s
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/mummerswife_05_moore_128kb.mp3 14m 39s
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/mummerswife_06_moore_128kb.mp3 19m 10s
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/mummerswife_07_moore_128kb.mp3 07m 92s
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Anne!

Chapters 0 - 7 are all PL OK now! Sorry for the delay!

Lynda
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Anne!

How would you like me to DPL for you? I have suddenly had 4 books leave my plate so I have room now to take on another DPL project!

Let me know!

Lynda