THE TALE OF BUNNY COTTON-TAIL by LAURA ROUNTREE SMITH - philc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
fromdehart

Post by fromdehart »

Kalamareader wrote: May 6th, 2021, 8:11 pm Rich,

I told you you would love working with Patrice. She is great.

Wayne
Thanks, Wayne! :D
“I’m not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.” :roll:
fromdehart

Post by fromdehart »

loon wrote: May 6th, 2021, 5:12 pm
fromdehart wrote: May 6th, 2021, 5:08 pm I'll give that a shot & upload a new Chapter 1.
Cool. There's no need to do anything to your reading of Chapter 1 itself, which is lovely as-is.

Just drop in the poem in the right spot.
Added the poem and boosted volume a bit. All ready for PL.
loon

Post by loon »

fromdehart wrote: May 7th, 2021, 1:28 pm Added the poem and boosted volume a bit. All ready for PL.
It's a lovely day out - I'm going out for a walk. I'll listen to this one in a bit - probably after dinner.
Rich Brown - Minneapolis, MN
fromdehart

Post by fromdehart »

loon wrote: May 7th, 2021, 1:46 pm
fromdehart wrote: May 7th, 2021, 1:28 pm Added the poem and boosted volume a bit. All ready for PL.
It's a lovely day out - I'm going out for a walk. I'll listen to this one in a bit - probably after dinner.
Yes! No hurry. Enjoy!
loon

Post by loon »

Chapter 1 - PL OK (of course). The poem fits nicely with the beginning of the chapter - I'm glad you decided to add it.
fromdehart

Post by fromdehart »

loon wrote: May 7th, 2021, 4:55 pm
Chapter 1 - PL OK (of course). The poem fits nicely with the beginning of the chapter - I'm glad you decided to add it.
Me, too. I completely forgot to ask about it. Glad you caught that!

Chapter 3 is ready for PL whenever. I'm in no hurry. Have a great weekend, Rich!
loon

Post by loon »

fromdehart wrote: May 7th, 2021, 5:55 pm
Chapter 3 is ready for PL whenever. I'm in no hurry. Have a great weekend, Rich!
Chapter 3 is PL OK.

This one is very short. If I were still a youngster and this was my bedtime story ("OK kid, I read you a story. Now go to sleep.") I would pout.
fromdehart

Post by fromdehart »

loon wrote: May 7th, 2021, 6:52 pm
fromdehart wrote: May 7th, 2021, 5:55 pm
Chapter 3 is PL OK.

This one is very short. If I were still a youngster and this was my bedtime story ("OK kid, I read you a story. Now go to sleep.") I would pout.
LOL! Very true! My kids would have made me read it at least 20 times. :D

Chapter 4 has been uploaded. (Hopefully, my voice is not too annoying!)
loon

Post by loon »

Chapter 4 is PL OK, thank you.

I rounded up the length in the Magic Window to 3:15 as it's very close to that.

The little poem at the end seems to be a promo for tomorrow night's bedtime story. Maybe that's to make the kiddos want to hop into bed next time.
fromdehart

Post by fromdehart »

loon wrote: May 11th, 2021, 2:27 pm Chapter 4 is PL OK, thank you.

I rounded up the length in the Magic Window to 3:15 as it's very close to that.

The little poem at the end seems to be a promo for tomorrow night's bedtime story. Maybe that's to make the kiddos want to hop into bed next time.
Ha! A cliffhanger works every time!
fromdehart

Post by fromdehart »

Chapters 5 and 6 are up. :)
loon

Post by loon »

fromdehart wrote: May 12th, 2021, 4:46 pm Chapters 5 and 6 are up. :)
Chapter 5 - PL OK.
Chapter 6 - PL OK.

I went back and re-listened to bits of previous chapters. You're getting nice consistency in your readings. One chapter left! I hope you'll give yourself a credit when you read chapter 7 - you're doing good stuff.
fromdehart

Post by fromdehart »

loon wrote: May 12th, 2021, 5:42 pm
fromdehart wrote: May 12th, 2021, 4:46 pm Chapters 5 and 6 are up. :)
Chapter 5 - PL OK.
Chapter 6 - PL OK.

I went back and re-listened to bits of previous chapters. You're getting nice consistency in your readings. One chapter left! I hope you'll give yourself a credit when you read chapter 7 - you're doing good stuff.
Thanks so much, Rich! I appreciate the feedback.
Chapter 7 is now up. Whew! :D
loon

Post by loon »

fromdehart wrote: May 13th, 2021, 3:24 pm
At around 1:57 I think you've edited out a couple words. The sentence starts "Mother Cotton-Tail stood very still in the shadow of a tree" but I hear "Mother Cotton-Tail stood very still shadow of a tree" - if you did record those words and somehow trimmed them out could you put them back in. If you don't have the words we'll skip it, 'cuz for most people the voice changes a bit from day to day and slicing in something recorded the next day often sticks out.

At the end of the last chapter it's normal to read the book author again. You could copy "by Laura Rountree Smith" and paste it at the end so that is
"End of THE TALE OF BUNNY COTTON-TAIL, by Laura Rountree Smith." While you're at the end of the recording you could select "Read by Patrice Dehart" and amplify it by 3 dB - that will match the rest of the chapter better. Get those things done and you'll have a 100% A-number-one recording!
fromdehart

Post by fromdehart »

loon wrote: May 13th, 2021, 4:21 pm
fromdehart wrote: May 13th, 2021, 3:24 pm
At around 1:57 I think you've edited out a couple words. The sentence starts "Mother Cotton-Tail stood very still in the shadow of a tree" but I hear "Mother Cotton-Tail stood very still shadow of a tree" - if you did record those words and somehow trimmed them out could you put them back in. If you don't have the words we'll skip it, 'cuz for most people the voice changes a bit from day to day and slicing in something recorded the next day often sticks out.

At the end of the last chapter it's normal to read the book author again. You could copy "by Laura Rountree Smith" and paste it at the end so that is
"End of THE TALE OF BUNNY COTTON-TAIL, by Laura Rountree Smith." While you're at the end of the recording you could select "Read by Patrice Dehart" and amplify it by 3 dB - that will match the rest of the chapter better. Get those things done and you'll have a 100% A-number-one recording!
All fixed! Let me know if that sounds better. (I must have swallowed those words a bit.)