COMPLETE SOLO Coptic Homilies in the Dialect of Upper Egypt, by E. A. Wallis Budge-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Wow -

You are now doing really well! Homily 4 and 5 are also PL OK - no changes needed!

Lynda
ancientchristian

Post by ancientchristian »

OK the files are split up and everything is renumbered... which means a quick spot check on the files that were PL OK before.

Any deviation that alters or confuses the meaning of the text please point out. Things like saying Abraham instead of Abel is no good.

Thank you for the PLing. All those previous points were excellent.
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi there!

That is just great! Thanks for splitting the files up before I PL'd the last ones - much easier chunks to listen to now also!

You actually do not mention the Section numbers in your recordings so I checked that the file name matched the Homily number and they are all correct so you are back to PL OK for the ones previously marked that way (4 - 9 I believe).

Lynda
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hey -

Section 3 –

0:10 – said Homily 1 – should be Homily 2
Magic window – the Title should match the book title so II Also The Explanation….

Other than that it was PL OK!

Lynda
ancientchristian

Alright, changes made to section 3.
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi MaryAnn -

I am going to finish PL'ing this book so you had better add me as the DPL now :)

Lynda
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi there!

Section 10 and 11 are PL OK with one caveat. In the MW for Section 10 there is an error on the title - it should say Rakote not Kakote…

Excellent reading!

Now onto Sections 1 and 2 :) That will be tomorrow....

Lynda
ancientchristian

Oops. Yes, good catch on the typo.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Lmnei wrote: April 13th, 2021, 7:36 pm Hi MaryAnn -

I am going to finish PL'ing this book so you had better add me as the DPL now :)

Lynda
Done!
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi there!

I am done!

Section 1 and Section 2 - I think it would sound better if we made them the same, especially as other Sections follow the same intro format.

"Homily 1 Part 1(2) of Coptic Homilies in the Dialect of Upper Egypt. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org. Coptic Homilies in the Dialect of Upper Egypt, by E. A. Wallis Budge. Section Title - Part 1 (or 2)

Then at the end, which is correct for both - you say "End of Homily 1 - Part 1 (or 2)"

Right now, for Section 2 (Homily 1 Part 2) you say "Homily 1 Part 2 of Coptic Homilies in the Dialect of Upper Egypt by E. A. Wallis Budge. This Librivox Recording is in the public domain." Start of text.

I propose that instead you say:

"Homily 1 Part 2 of Coptic Homilies in the Dialect of Upper Egypt. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org. Coptic Homilies in the Dialect of Upper Egypt, by E. A. Wallis Budge. "Section Title" Part 2.

Now, another note about the MW - you have read the title correct from the book however the red words are missing from the MW "THE DISCOURSE WHICH APA JOHN, THE ARCHBISHOP OF CONSTANTINOPLE, PRONOUNCED CONCERNING REPENTANCE AND CONTINENCE."

C'est tout! So Section 1 is PL OK as I do not consider MW changes PL issues. I will put Section 2 for PL Feedback and you let me know what you want to do please.

Excellent reading of this book - it was very enjoyable to listen to! You are also a very accurate reader (or you are excellent at PL'ing your own work) :clap:

Lynda
ancientchristian

I changed the title, but in terms of the intro for section 2, do you mind if we leave it as is? Personally, I like the shorter intro and it's rather difficult for me to make changes where I currently am.
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

ancientchristian wrote: April 15th, 2021, 10:47 pm I changed the title, but in terms of the intro for section 2, do you mind if we leave it as is? Personally, I like the shorter intro and it's rather difficult for me to make changes where I currently am.
That is fine by me. :)

I always like shorter intros! I marked PL OK.

Lynda
ancientchristian

Thanks Lynda :)
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/coptic-homilies-by-e-a-wallis-budge/