[Complete] In the Garden of Delight by Lily Hammond - phil

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Katie -

Section 3 -

You are missing the Intro and exit for this Chapter :)

Also the volume falls outside of the target range (86–92 dB). Your volume is at 92.3 dB. Both Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 were in the 90 dB range which is fine, we actually aim for 89 dB. Please reduce the volume of this recording by 2-3 dB. Do you know how to do that? Just highlight the whole recording and in Audacity go to Effect and Amplify and enter -3 in this case which will bring it down to 89.3 dB.

Lynda
kathan54

Post by kathan54 »

Hi
Sorry about the intro and end. Oops. I will also reduce volume. Just FYI, I use Reaper, not Audacity.
Thanks
Katie
kathan54

Post by kathan54 »

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/inthegardenofdelight_03_hammond_128kb.mp3. 28:07. I lowered db on recording in Reaper. I'm not sure how to translate Audacity numbers to equivalent in Reaper but did best I can, Let me know if its too loud or soft. Also added intro and end. I just uploaded to MW and I hope the new chapter 3 is in there correctly. I cut the old ch 3 and pasted the new one.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

kathan54 wrote: May 30th, 2021, 2:33 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/inthegardenofdelight_03_hammond_128kb.mp3. 28:07. I lowered db on recording in Reaper. I'm not sure how to translate Audacity numbers to equivalent in Reaper but did best I can, Let me know if its too loud or soft. Also added intro and end. I just uploaded to MW and I hope the new chapter 3 is in there correctly. I cut the old ch 3 and pasted the new one.
Hi Kathan. You said
I cut the old ch 3 and pasted the new one.
. What do you mean by this? When changes are made to a section that has already been uploaded, the file i saved with the exact same file name and it automatically replaces any previous one in our system. So whatever file i shown in the magic window is always the most recently uploaded and hopefully the most correct. let me know if you have questions. :D
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
kathan54

Post by kathan54 »

Hi
I guess I thought I had to replace the old upload with the new one that had the lower db in it. So sorry if I don’t understand.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

kathan54 wrote: May 30th, 2021, 3:00 pm Hi
I guess I thought I had to replace the old upload with the new one that had the lower db in it. So sorry if I don’t understand.
Hey, there is a LOT to learn in LibriVox so no problem at all. So you don't need to replace anything, just use the same file name and upload it and it will do so automatically meaning all your fixes and changes will be there. Neat, eh?
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

philchenevert wrote: May 30th, 2021, 3:04 pm
kathan54 wrote: May 30th, 2021, 3:00 pm Hi
Hey, there is a LOT to learn in LibriVox so no problem at all. So you don't need to replace anything, just use the same file name and upload it and it will do so automatically meaning all your fixes and changes will be there. Neat, eh?
Just two things to add - you do need to update the time if the time changes on the recording... :) :) But your do not need to change the file name as Phil says. Also you need to set the recording to Spot PL so that it moves in my queue and I know it is ready to be listened to :clap:

I will go check it out now -

Lynda
kathan54

Post by kathan54 »

Ok. Thank you. Time is updated
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

kathan54 wrote: May 30th, 2021, 3:21 pm Ok. Thank you. Time is updated
Sorry - I should explain myself better :) When you are inserting a recording in the MW, please enter the time of the recording where I typed in the number of words for the Section/Chapter. I have done it for Sections 1-3 now for you so you can see. :thumbs:

Lynda
kathan54

Post by kathan54 »

Got it. Thank you so much.
kathan54

Post by kathan54 »

Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Katie -

Well, that was so nice of LV to be down all day today! I got lots of PL work down though!

Section 4 just needs 5 seconds of silence at the end - you only have 4... that is all! An excellent recording!

Lynda
kathan54

Post by kathan54 »

So all I need to do is just upload the file with 5 seconds at end and it will automatically go into the Magic Window? I don’t have to manually replace the one that is already there, right?
kathan54

Post by kathan54 »

I just uploaded new chapter 4. I hope it's okay.
Katie
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

kathan54 wrote: June 16th, 2021, 12:05 pm So all I need to do is just upload the file with 5 seconds at end and it will automatically go into the Magic Window? I don’t have to manually replace the one that is already there, right?
Correct. Just keep the file name exactly the same as the one being replaced and it will do just that. :D