(Complete) History of Company A, Second Illinois Cavalry by Samuel Fletcher - m8b1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
tobester123

Post by tobester123 »

The History of Company A, Second Illinois Cavalry, by Samuel Fletcher and D.H. Fletcher

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-history-of-company-a-by-samuel-h-fletcher/
The purpose of this sketch is to keep green the memory of that little band of men known as Company A, of the Second Illinois Cavalry, who fought in the Civil War. (Summary by )
Source text (please read only from this text!): http://gutenberg.org/ebooks/35692

Target completion date: 2021-07-18

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Chapter # of The History of Company A, Second Illinois Cavalry. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "The History of Company A, Second Illinois Cavalry, by Samuel Fletcher and D.H. Fletcher. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Chapter # of The History of Company A, Second Illinois Cavalry, by Samuel Fletcher and D.H. Fletcher. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of chapter #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of The History of Company A, Second Illinois Cavalry, by Samuel Fletcher and D.H. Fletcher."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: companya_##_fletcher_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. companya_01_fletcher_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: m8b1

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
“Once you learn to read, you will be forever free.” - Frederick Douglas
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Hi Paul,

I'll MC this for you ~ the MW is ready!

It looks like this is your first time soloing. As a Soloist, you are your own BC, and will be in charge of the MW. Don't worry, it isn't hard, and you can't break it! :-)

Here is a link on how to gain access to the MW for the first time and how to use it: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Soloists:_How_to_update_the_Magic_Window

I've entered the first two Chapter titles as an example of how to do it. Feel free to change it from Roman Numerals to regular numbers is you wish!

Let me know if you have any questions! We will stay here for a bit to see if we can snag a DPL! :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Happy to DPL on this one for you thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

I've added you as DPL, Michele ~ thanks!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
tobester123

Post by tobester123 »

Holy smokes, I better get crackin'! Thank you both!
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Alright, I'll move this on over to Going Solo!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
tobester123

Post by tobester123 »

m8b1 wrote: March 10th, 2021, 10:25 am Hi Paul,

I'll MC this for you ~ the MW is ready!

It looks like this is your first time soloing. As a Soloist, you are your own BC, and will be in charge of the MW. Don't worry, it isn't hard, and you can't break it! :-)

Here is a link on how to gain access to the MW for the first time and how to use it: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Soloists:_How_to_update_the_Magic_Window

I've entered the first two Chapter titles as an example of how to do it. Feel free to change it from Roman Numerals to regular numbers is you wish!

Let me know if you have any questions! We will stay here for a bit to see if we can snag a DPL! :-)
I always worry a little, when I'm trying something new, and someone says "don't worry, you can't break it". It never goes well for me. Like, f'rinstance, now because I'm having trouble accessing the MW: I press the Forget Password button and nothing happens. No email or nothing. Not a major hassle yet because I'm only just starting the recording process but still. Any thoughts?
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Hi Paul,

Please check your Private Messages ~ I've sent you one! :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
tobester123

Post by tobester123 »

wib66

Post by wib66 »

tobester123 wrote: March 25th, 2021, 12:50 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/companya_01_fletcher_128kbs.mp3 (4:55).

Yay, it's really happening!
Hi I have downloaded this chapter for PL ing. I have also added it to the MW till you are able to get access hope this is ok. Thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
tobester123

Post by tobester123 »

wib66 wrote: March 25th, 2021, 12:54 pm
tobester123 wrote: March 25th, 2021, 12:50 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/companya_01_fletcher_128kbs.mp3 (4:55).

Yay, it's really happening!
Hi I have downloaded this chapter for PL ing. I have also added it to the MW till you are able to get access hope this is ok. Thanks
Thank you! I have access to the MW but am still figuring it out.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

If you need any help just let me know :D
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Hi section 1 the reading is great just one edit please.
There should be 5 seconds of silence at the end of the file and it is currently shorter than this.
If you could edit and re upload I can spot PL thanks
Michele
tobester123

Post by tobester123 »

wib66 wrote: March 28th, 2021, 11:54 am Hi section 1 the reading is great just one edit please.
There should be 5 seconds of silence at the end of the file and it is currently shorter than this.
If you could edit and re upload I can spot PL thanks
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/companya_01_fletcher_128kbs.mp3 (4:55)

One second added to the end.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Hi the silence at the end is still only 3.5 seconds and needs to be 5 seconds please.
Michele