COMPLETE: The Life of Abraham Lincoln by Ida Tarbell -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rf5VmcKP9VA&fbclid=IwAR1JCHozEYgxTU2v5LoOk5kLW3PbHnWzeu4oe-cNCPu0ANTJBDKS2uiI1lk

I thought you might enjoy this video by Mare’s Aunt Patty ( Sister Josephine) who is an amazing textile artsit and, among a million other projects, does a quilt every year for Microfinancing Partners Africa. As you might imagine, the rare times she and Mare get to visit there is a LOT of quilt talk. I hope it’s okay that I posted it here.
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

And without further ado, section 15 is up!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Ciufi! I greatly enjoyed the video of her zebra quilt - thanks so much for sharing the link. I've been struggling with equipment for my real work the past few days and apologize for taking a little more time getting to PL'ing. Snagging the latest now :)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 15 is PL OK :thumbs:

Seems much different from the way litigation can be practiced today!
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Thanks!
The next chapter highlights differences in law practices even more, I think. May be a while before you get it, though! It is a longish recording, and I had not gotten a chance to edit it for a few days (with both of us vaccinated, we are out and about a little more!) . Decided to devote this morning to it, and after I had gotten halfway through as I had hoped I would, I inadvertently clicked on something and changed it to a stereo track. I did find out how to change it back to mono, but the volume is acting funny and it doesn't sound quite right anymore, so unless a bolt of lightning strikes I will be starting back at square one tomorrow~! :evil: Oh well, there are worse things...
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Yeah, I'm getting cabin fever now that I'm halfway through getting vaccinated! And I feel your pain with the current chapter - having editing issues on mine right now, too. Funny coincidence :lol:
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Here we are - section 16 is up!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 16 is PL OK :thumbs:

Yeah, law practice has definitely changed over time. :lol:
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Section 17 is up, and it's a good one! Portions of speeches, including the "Lost Speech" Tarbell discussed in the autobiography. And this wonderful moment: "Early in the morning, I woke up and there was Lincoln half sitting up in bed. 'Dickey,' he said, 'I tell you this nation cannot exist half slave and half free.' 'Oh, Lincoln,' I said, 'go to sleep.'"
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Ciufi wrote: May 2nd, 2021, 12:47 pm Section 17 is up, and it's a good one! Portions of speeches, including the "Lost Speech" Tarbell discussed in the autobiography. And this wonderful moment: "Early in the morning, I woke up and there was Lincoln half sitting up in bed. 'Dickey,' he said, 'I tell you this nation cannot exist half slave and half free.' 'Oh, Lincoln,' I said, 'go to sleep.'"
Heh! Yes, that's a good one. My mind's eye could totally picture it. :)

Section 17 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Section 18 is up.
From here on in, each chapter is divided into two parts, as they all would go over an hour otherwise, I think.
Happy Mother's Day tomorrow!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thank you! I hope you had a nice day for Mother's Day. Our kitties gave me a card specifically from them. :lol: :lol:

Section 18 is PL OK :thumbs:

Douglass: Busted!

Bahahaha - "Edward County for the tall sucker"
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Best campaign slogan ever, right? :lol:

The second part of the chapter (section 19) is up!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 19 is PL OK :thumbs:

Getting close to this volume's end!
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

We are! I intend to jump immediately in to volume 2 when this is done, if you are interested.
Section 20 is up.