COMPLETE: So Big by Edna Ferber -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
earthcharmeddec

Post by earthcharmeddec »

It will be my first time but I can PL Chapter VII. I will start after confirmation. Thank you!
czandra

Post by czandra »

I can PL chapters 5 & 6.

Czandra
I asked my librarian about the noise, and she said, "no one would come here
if they weren't allowed to talk out loud." So I read out loud.

Je lis à haute voix car refléchir fait trop de bruit!
czandra

Post by czandra »

chapter 5 is a smooth faultless reading of a delightful account! Thank you! PL okay.

Czandra

czandra

Post by czandra »

same for chapter 6. Well done.

I tried to use volume checker, as I find it a few dB too loud, but I get an error message (just learning how to use it). Can you check that volume is standard, please?

Thanks,
Czandra

czandra

Post by czandra »

okay, Rapunzelina helped get me onto the checker, and I ran s. 6 through, and it passed. So 6 and 5 are PL okay.

Czandra

JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

Hi Jo,

I have done just a little proof-listening other than on my own work, but am willing to give it a go as DPL.
Jim in Ohio

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Welcome to the project, Jim. Feel free to ask if you have any questions along the way.
Jo
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

alexandraatiya wrote: July 16th, 2021, 6:06 pm Hi, Sorry for the long delay! I am now catching up on this. Below are the links for Chapter 5, Chapter 6, and Chapter 7:

Chapter 5: https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/sobig_05_ferber_128kb.mp3 (Duration: 41:56)

Chapter 6: https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/sobig_06_ferber_128kb.mp3 (Duration: 17:49)

Chapter 7: https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/sobig_07_ferber_128kb.mp3 (Duration: 15:14)

I'm not sure why but I'm having trouble logging in as a BC -- I keep getting a message saying that I'm not allowed to access this project. For this reason, I haven't been able to update the magic window. I've reset my password and tried logging out and logging in again, but seem to keep gettin the same message.

I will try again tomorrow and hopefully then I can update the magic window properly.

Thanks!
Alexandra
Hi Alexandra,
I have PLed your chapter seven. Nice reading - I enjoyed it. Just one small thing - at 10:43 Roelf says "oncet" - I heard "once." Normally it would not matter, but in the next line, Selina corrects his pronunciation. Other than that, nice job. Keep up the good work :thumbs:

Jim
Jim in Ohio

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
alexandraatiya

Post by alexandraatiya »

Hi,

Just wanted to post here to say that I do still want to work on this! Apologies for not having uploaded recently - I was away and then had a cold which made it hard for me to record anything. But I have the corrected Chapters 2 and Chapter 8 to upload and then will hopefully be able to record more next week. I will also try to fix that issue in Chapter 7 - thank you!

Alexandra
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Hi Alexandra,

Just checking in to see if you are still working on this project.
Jo
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Alexandra

I see you haven't logged on to the forums since your last post in November.  

Please post if you are still around and have time to record any time soon. If I don't get a response back from you within the next 2 weeks then I will have to assume you are no longer available or interested in continuing with this project.  As a result, this project thread will be removed from the forums and the project will be added to the abandoned solos list and made available for other readers to complete as per our policy below for abandoned solo projects.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Hope to hear from you,

Jo
Jo
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

No response from original soloist. Abandoned.
Jo
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

Greetings. The second string reporting in.

Do I understand correctly from the comments in the thread that chapter 2 is not recorded?

Also, I looked at 7 in case I could fix it with some fancy editing, but that's a no-go so I will need to re-record it.
"Bringing you yesterday's tomorrow...today!"

My website
My Librivox reader page
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Back in Nov, the original soloist said she had 2 and 8 recorded, but they were never uploaded to my folder.
Jo
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

Chapter 2 ready for PL.
"Bringing you yesterday's tomorrow...today!"

My website
My Librivox reader page