COMPLETE - SOLO: The Red Lamp by Mary Roberts Rinehart-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
zachh

Post by zachh »

MaryAnn, thank you very much for all of your help.

Jean, thank you very much for signing on a DPL, I really appreciate it. I should have been clearer in my last post, I was referring to MaryAnn as an MC, which is a Librivox abbreviation for Meta Coordinator. They do all the work of setting up, supervising and cataloging projects, determining public domain status, and many other things. One of the great things about LibriVox is that there can be multiple solo recordings of a particular book, since different readers bring a different experience to the listener.

I have uploaded sections 2 and 3, they are (I think) now in the magic window and ready for proof listening.
smithjeanb

Post by smithjeanb »

Perfect!
smithjeanb

Post by smithjeanb »

Zach - I listened to the first section, and it's perfect. Very smooth. I don't know if you had any edits in there, but I couldn't tell if you did!
zachh

Post by zachh »

That's very kind of you. I could never be a live reader, I end up spending about 3-4 times as much time editing as I do recording each section. I have a mild stammer, and some sentences take me 8 or 10 tries to get started. Thanks to the miracle of digital recording and editing I can easily cut out all of the messes I make and be left with something that sounds okay. Thank you very much for being willing to be the DPL for this project, I really appreciate it.
smithjeanb

Post by smithjeanb »

Zach - the second section is also flawless. The only comment I would make is that I'm not sure about the female voices that you use. I don't think it's necessary for the story, and I find it rather disconcerting when the voices change. But I am certainly not the final authority on anything! Just an observation.
zachh

Post by zachh »

Thank you for the feedback, I'll have to think it over and see what I can do to make them better. I certainly don't want to disconcert future listeners. I'll be doing some recording tomorrow and will experiment with some possibilities.
zachh

Post by zachh »

I’ve re-recorded the dialogue, and have made notes below of the areas that will therefore need spot PL checks. I’m working on Section 4, which I recorded a few days ago, and will have it ready to upload later today. Thank you very much.

Section 2

19:25 to 20:56

Section 3

1:33 to 1:43

5:21 to 5:32

6:02 to 6:15

7:24 to 8:41

12:46 to 13:07

25:15 to 25:37
zachh

Post by zachh »

zachh

Post by zachh »

I forgot to correct the volume before uploading section 4, but I have fixed it now and put the newly uploaded file in the Magic Window. Chapter 5 is now also ready for PL.
smithjeanb

Post by smithjeanb »

Zach - sorry I haven't answered. The notifications have been going to my spam. I just saw all of your messages. I will listen today!
smithjeanb

Post by smithjeanb »

Zach - Perfect! I love the changes. Very smooth. I'll start listening to the new ones soon.
smithjeanb

Post by smithjeanb »

Zach - just a very few notes on section 4.

At 1:48, you changed the word "design" to "sign."

At 4:36, you left out the phrase "she said."

At 7:28, you left out "although I had expected to."

Section 5 next!
zachh

Post by zachh »

Thanks very much for listening. I'll get those repairs made on Sunday if not sooner.
smithjeanb

Post by smithjeanb »

Zach - Section 5 is perfect!
zachh

Post by zachh »

Thank you for all of your help. I've done the corrections in Section 4 and it's ready for spot PL, and 6,7, and 8 are now uploaded too.