COMPLETE [SOLO] The Greenstone Door Satchell, William-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
GNOMESB

Post by GNOMESB »

Lol - in the end I wrote it out phonetically and said it about 100 times. Thank goodness for online spoken dictionaries. Forvo in this case helped a lot.
Naomi Brewster
zachh

Post by zachh »

Chapter 7 is PL OK. I wouldn't have thought of writing it out phonetically, that's a great idea.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hi, Naomi :)

I see you have a DPL - if you can take the tilde off the main post title, that'll stop cuing others to come look to pick up sections for you. :wink:
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
zachh

Post by zachh »

Chapter 8 is PL OK.
zachh

Post by zachh »

Chapter 9 is PL OK. I've been very much enjoying listening to your reading, it's very well done, excellently paced and expressive. Also your voice reminds me of the folks we knew years ago, so that's an extra treat.
GNOMESB

Post by GNOMESB »

Thanks Zachh, that is a great compliment. It is sometimes hard to assess your own reading as you've listened to yourself stumbling and mispronouncing all the way through and are just grateful that finally the editing patches it all together. But I love listening to books and will stop listening too a book if someone's voice gets on my nerves too much so I take particular care to hopefully not be that person for someone else - though I imagine the kiwi accent is an acquired taste. Your association with your friends has endeared the accent to you!

Chapter 10 has been uploaded. Length 33:8 - https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/greenstonedoor_chapter_10_satchell_128kb.mp3
Naomi Brewster
GNOMESB

Post by GNOMESB »

LCaulkins wrote: February 10th, 2021, 9:09 am Hi, Naomi :)

I see you have a DPL - if you can take the tilde off the main post title, that'll stop cuing others to come look to pick up sections for you. :wink:
Thanks Lynette - that's what that means :P. Done.
Naomi Brewster
zachh

Post by zachh »

Chapter 10 is PL OK. I'm sorry, I still don't seem to have this book in my work window, so I can't mark it myself. I think your accent adds a lot to the book. I always like hearing readers with distinctive voices, and it's even better when the accent of the reader and the presumable voice of the protagonist match.
GNOMESB

Post by GNOMESB »

sorry for my long absence. I've been helping an elderly aunt downsize into a bedsit and it has been a bit of a push. Things are finally settling down. I've got an assignment to do this weekend and then I will turn my attention back to librivox so look out for another chapter next week. hope all is well with you.
Naomi Brewster
zachh

Post by zachh »

I'm glad you were able to help your aunt. All is well here and I'll be looking forward to having the opportunity to listen to the next chapter when you have time.
GNOMESB

Post by GNOMESB »

Naomi Brewster
zachh

Post by zachh »

Chapter 11 is PL OK, and, as always, very well read. I still don't have this book in my work window for some reason, so I am not able to access the MW to mark it PL OK. I'm sorry to keep leaving that part of the work to you. I'll look forward to hearing the next chapter whenever you have time.
GNOMESB

Post by GNOMESB »

Chapter 12 uploaded - length 34:30.
Naomi Brewster
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Zach,
My apologies. You should have MW access now.
MaryAnn
zachh

Post by zachh »

MaryAnn, thank you very much for your help. When I PL the next section tomorrow I'll be able to change the MW too!