COMPLETE [SOLO] The Greenstone Door Satchell, William-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hi, Naomi,

I hope it's OK if I comment, too. I saw your post in passing.

Old books sometimes hold horrible things. I think they can hold value as artifacts when their wretchedness is pointed out. If you decide to continue recording the book, you can make a discussion about this disturbing problem of glossing and white-washing in the book's description, so that people understand the discrepancy between what is portrayed in the book and what really happened.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Yes, you will need a PD book summary -- it looks like the one you put in the first post may have been written by someone else? So you can include a warning about the content reflecting historical perspectives and being potentially offensive to modern sensibilities (or some such) in the summary you write.
GNOMESB

Post by GNOMESB »

Thank you Maryann, Lynette and Zach. Looks like a book summary is in order. I'll prepare it in the next few days.
Naomi Brewster
GNOMESB

Post by GNOMESB »

I have updated the book summary. Maryann, could you review it to ensure that it meets requirements? Thanks.
Naomi Brewster
GNOMESB

Post by GNOMESB »

Chapter 24 uploaded. length 45:31
Naomi Brewster
zachh

Post by zachh »

Chapter 24 is PL OK. Chapter 25 has a repeat at 11:18-21 "He was the first to break the silence…"
GNOMESB

Post by GNOMESB »

Thanks for the pick up Zach. I've made that change.

I'll get the final three chapters edited tomorrow - none of them are very long.

Thank you so much for your patient listening and support. Unfortunately after he went to Auckland it seemed all to be downhill from there. The first half of the book was fun. The latter half seemed to just be melodrama - not my favourite genre and then to top it off with outright misrepresentation - I have ended the book on a minor key! However, it is done! "The greenstone door has closed" - perhaps I should hold off on that line until tomorrow!

Final push tomorrow. take care.
Naomi Brewster
zachh

Post by zachh »

Chapter 25 is now PL OK. Chapter 26 just needs some minor silence adjustment. The opening silence should be reduced by 1 to 1.5 seconds, and the closing silence needs 1 more second added.

Thank you for allowing me to be the DPL on your book, I have enjoyed listening to your reading and my task has been very easy since there were so few things that needed fixing. I am sorry that the book didn't suit you as well at the end as at the beginning, but I think you read it very well throughout, and that's all anyone can do as a reader of an already published text.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Do you plan to read the glossary, notes and pronunciation sections? Those are optional.
MaryAnn
GNOMESB

Post by GNOMESB »

Oh, I hadn’t realised. No, I don’t think they are necessary as none of the words or concepts are not explained in the text. Is that triple negative? If you say they don’t need to be included, then I would rather leave them off. Thank you
Naomi Brewster
GNOMESB

Post by GNOMESB »

Maryann, I changed my mind on the glossary and notes. You can delete the 'pronunciation' section - I am not sure how to do this. Both files are waiting for a final review from Zach.

Thank you to you both (and others) for your help and support. Now 'the greenstone door' is closed.
Naomi Brewster
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

BCs can add sections, but only MCs can delete them. Section 30 is now gone.
MaryAnn
zachh

Post by zachh »

Sections 27, 28 and 29 are all PL OK.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

I see you've got a new summary. Is this something you've written yourself (so that it's public domain)? And the links are to sources you've referenced?

MaryAnn
GNOMESB

Post by GNOMESB »

Yes, I have inserted links to source data but otherwise written the summary myself
Naomi Brewster